BioWare Gives Liara a Reduction Mammoplasty

Leninv3l

Jan 4, 2012
Yeah, i feel like her face is more appalling than anything else. I mean GOD, she looks like she's four!

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Now, I like breasts. I REALLY like them. One could even say I absolutely love female chests.. But I don't get it... Why do a statuette of a character... that looks nothing like that character? I mean, why say it's Liara? It's not.

I mean, one would think the point of doing a statuette of a specific character would be to appeal to the character's fans... The kind of people that like the character the way they are... Especially the way they look, since this, you know, a statuette...

...So why make it different than the source material? What's the point? I'm pretty sure if people wanted a character that looks nothing like T'Soni they wouldn't be looking for her specifically, now would they...?

It baffles me... It's like they didn't even think about it.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
McNinja said:
Why Bioware even commissioned this statue in the first place is beyond me. I mean, a character who is supposed to be a legitimate scientist/archeologist is turned into a sexy figuring. Way to completely screw that whole "characterization" thing. I mean, was Miranda to hard to sculpt?
Yeah, considering the romances I took part in in the game, I would have preferred an Ashley or Tali statue.

Call me unimaginative in what I find attractive, but I really just can't get into relationship with a character that isn't at least 95% human looking(Liara I consider 75% on that scale).

Now, Tali is just so awesome and has an incredibly interesting personality that I feel I could look past it if she turns out to look kind of weird when/if they finally unmask her in ME3. I have a very strong feeling that her race will be and look like the equivalent of a space elf. There is an artist's rendition that I happened upon on Deviant Art, that depicts her unmasked and looking like as I said. http://agregor.deviantart.com/art/Tali-Zorah-wallpaper-152970556

Though I find it strange the most of the artwork I see of her unmasked, shows her to have purple skin. I just don't see that, her suit and visor are what's purple, I'm willing to bet she's not purple. I hope she isn't purple(I hate the color). I mean if I went outside and encountered a woman in robes, hood, and face mask that are all green, I'm of course going to wonder what the she looks like, but I'm never going to speculate that she has green skin, even if I have information that tells me she is of an alien race.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Paragon Fury said:
Freaky Lou said:
Paragon Fury said:
Freaky Lou said:
Those are still colossal mammaries. I of course say this without having seen the original picture, but the point remains.
The first picture where the statue is still grey is the original, with the original, glorious bust.

The colored ones are the new, production variant.
I am talking about the new ones when I say that--I think. The boobs are still gray, but the face and clothes are coloured. Am I looking at the right one?
No.

The original one with the magnificent bust is on the far left, with the yellow background is completely unpainted.

The new one that they're selling is the one on the right with the colored background and has been painted.
Actually that confirmed that I WAS looking at the right one, and I stand by my original declaration that the new b0bbz are still pretty massive.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Shit. Crap. Junk. Garbage.
What's the point of making a statuette of a character if it's not going to look like the character? Liara doesn't have asian eyes, a foot of forehead or a massive rack.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Oh man Liara looks like she's in one of those Japanese animes!

I don't understand why they're contracting a Japanese company, who is giving the character a Japanese influenced look...
Because apparently there is a market for turning westen friction female characters into anime girls figures-

If you mean just having a non anime version of her than I don't know why they went for the anime version in the first place since I would assume people would of prefer the non anime look.
To be fair, Power Girl had boobs like that anyway...

SmilesX-23

Isn't much of anything
Dec 15, 2009
Sunfirecross said:
I pre-ordered this months ago. I would have bought it even with the previous bust size people were complaining about. I personally like the style, as not only am I a fan of the Mass Effect Series; I am also a rather large anime/Manga fan as well.

People need to calm down and learn how to not complain at things they probably wouldn't buy anyways.
This, this oh lord this.
It seems increasingly that as long as its Bioware it will be hated by everyone. I personally quite like the statue, sure it doesnt look like the ingame Liara but i thought Bishoujo statues are meant to be a anime styled version of the character which in my opinion it does. I might buy it if it goes for a resonable price.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Freaky Lou said:
Paragon Fury said:
Freaky Lou said:
Paragon Fury said:
Freaky Lou said:
Those are still colossal mammaries. I of course say this without having seen the original picture, but the point remains.
The first picture where the statue is still grey is the original, with the original, glorious bust.

The colored ones are the new, production variant.
I am talking about the new ones when I say that--I think. The boobs are still gray, but the face and clothes are coloured. Am I looking at the right one?
No.

The original one with the magnificent bust is on the far left, with the yellow background is completely unpainted.

The new one that they're selling is the one on the right with the colored background and has been painted.

Actually that confirmed that I WAS looking at the right one, and I stand by my original declaration that the new b0bbz are still pretty massive.
But they were still better before.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
No amount of breast reducing is gonna make it not look like a baby's head on a stripper's body.

That pose is fucking ridiculous.
Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking that! (Erins words suddenly run through my head: You are never the "only one", Never, Not. Ever. You fucking clown...)

Seriously though! Its an alien... Isn't the whole idea of an alien having sex appeal is slightly disturbing, and well... alien to me!

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
That there is just ugly! I would still do it though. XD

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Sunfirecross said:
People need to calm down and learn how to not complain at things they probably wouldn't buy anyways.
What a delightfully mature attitude.

Hey, maybe those people would buy it if it wasn't a sexist piece of trash!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
kibayasu said:
Sunfirecross said:

I fail to see what is sexist about this. At all.

Stereotypically "attractive" design, yes. But hardly sexist. You can call me when they start making "get back in the kitchen" other actually sexist jokes and actions.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
kibayasu said:
Sunfirecross said:

I fail to see what is sexist about this. At all.

Stereotypically "attractive" design, yes. But hardly sexist. You can call me when they start making "get back in the kitchen" other actually sexist jokes and actions.
So you're saying that there is absolutely nothing sexist at all about physically transforming a generally strong character (in the second game) into wank material with a 8 year old's face, E cup breasts, and what might as well be an up skirt shot.

I guess you're right. No woman would ever object to being portrayed like that.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I wouldn't really care about the massive boob size (though, come on...I have big boobs too and honestly you wouldn't squeeze like them that. Believe it or not it actually hurts to do that guys....not that you care -_-) or even the face...if it wasn't Liara. If they just wanted to do a juicy, sexy asari, fine, whatever, I'd just start insisting they the do a sexy male Turian or Drell or something.

The fact that is SUPPOSED to be Liara is what bothers. Liara in the first game is a shy but intelligent and thoughtful young woman. She's endearing and kind and compassionate. In the second game she hardens a bit after losing Shepard and getting into the fight with the Shadow Broker.

I don't care if the fact that the creators were Japanese and wanted to put their own influences in it, that's fine, but the fact that they've created something generic, no personality, no strength, no intelligence...I mean just lose a couple of pieces of clothes and we're looking at the cover of the next fornax magazine.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
scotth266 said:
Dear lord, this again?

To be honest, I think Bioware should have just stuck with the original. The whole point behind the statue was to redesign the character in a vastly different art style: this means that (duh) the character was not going to look like the original. People may point out that the breasts were not the only problem: that the face didn't look anything like Liara, but the argument just doesn't really make sense when you consider the purpose of the project. The artists involved probably just took the base data (youthful blue asari in labcoat) and did their own thing from then on: and that's how it should be. That's what they were hired to do in the first place.

I wouldn't have bought the original statue anyway: not a Liara fan, not a fan of the art style. But complaining that it doesn't look like our Liara is missing the point: it's not supposed to be our Liara. This is what Liara would have looked like had Mass Effect been made in Japan. Were these people hired to make TF2 statues, or Left 4 Dead statues, or Gears Of War statues, the same difference would be in play.
I don't have a problem that it doesn't look like Liara I have a problem that it looks like a 5 year old in a sexual pose with boobs.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Now, I haven't actually played mass effect, but I really think they should try to be a little unorthodox and do a different figure with Garrus in a sexy pose.
This is the only male character which would be able to sell in such a pose, I figure, so Bioware could actually be a little PC without sacrificing sales.