BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

jlaakso

Jul 14, 2006
What the hell? They don't even have the Shepard I've played 1 & 2 through with as a choice? I thought the short-haired (not buzzcut) red-headed badass was the default. Out of these options, #1 easily, although for some reason I don't have a "Like" button on the FB page so my vote doesn't even count.

I will be very disappointed indeed if we get the Miss America model in marketing. Bioware should just stick to their guns. Going with the nondescript blonde pasted on the clinical scifi of Mass Effect is indeed quite likely to cause them marketing woes.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
For some reason I have never been able to picture Shep as a blond. Or too pampered, looks-wise...

AngryMongoose said:
What was wrong with the old female Shepard?
She was apparently not pretty enough. Cause, you know, that's totally what matters when you're out there kicking ass and saving the galaxy.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
I think that 1 and 4 best suit her voice, for some reason. On appearance alone, I'd say 1, although I imagine many people would consider 1 to appear too young.

Rzepik

Feb 25, 2010
Oh look. The generic, transparent Barbie Shepard is winning. How surprising.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Seriously, waht was wrong with the old FemShep? I dislike all these ones. They look too pretty. Guess I'll be making my own character to be like the old default.

EDIT:

This is what I usually have mine as, but with blue eyes.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
5 or 2. I'm actually glad that 5 is in the lead right now. Why? Well, because she actually has hair. In the previous games you only had short hair styles(which makes sense of course, being in the Alliance and all).

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I like 1,3 and 4. My main problem with no. 5, besides the long hair, is that I have a hard time imagining her with renegade scars all over her face.

Cleariously

Mar 25, 2011
Surely the main reason for having a female playable character is for the gamer girls, so why are they letting what will inevitably be mostly boys choose?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010

at least she looks different to the others (the rest are the same with different hair and look a little too like Jack to me!)

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
I vote for Shep 1 with red hair.
Because long-haired Shepard can go kiss my ass.

edit: I also play FemShep for the voice-acting. The guy who does MaleShep is decent, but you can't beat Jennifer Hale.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
LiquidGrape said:
Nice work BioWare. You've effectively reduced this to the lowest common denominator.
Shep is on display, and *you* get to choose which one is the purdiest! Because as we all know, nothing respects the integrity of a character as much as a quantified estimation of her physical attractiveness.

#1, by the way. Easily.
I agree with your vote, but really, how else are they going to choose? YOU choose Shepard's personality, so the only thing we can tell here is her looks.