BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
If those are my choices, i'd have to go for number 4.

Although I preferred my own fem-shep who looked like she belonged with a gun in her hands.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Rzepik said:
Oh look. The generic, transparent Barbie Shepard is winning. How surprising.
Not Like the completely non-generic male Shepard they use in the trailers right? But I digress, I actually quite like the blonde Shepard, and I'd say it fits with the whole being 'patched up by Cerberus' thing.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
One that looks like Brienne of Tarth.
Seriously though, these look terrible. Fashion models in space, in space marine suits?

Barbie!

Thespian42

Apr 5, 2009
4 or 6.

My games are too full of pale people already. It'd be nice for a little marketing diversity.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
wolfcrux said:
xXAsherahXx said:
FemShep should definitely have long hair. It's just a fact that women in short hair look terrible. Look at Emma Watson if you want proof...
loltroll is lol...

Look at Hillary Swank, Rihanna, Kiera Knightley, Demi Moore, Pink, Vinona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Anne Heche, Sharon Stone, Milla Jovovich and Charlize Theron whilst you're at it then. And those are just the ones off of the top of my head.
I forgot about them haha. Thanks for proving my point. :]

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Five is seriously ugly, I'm sorry. Four is absolutely perfect in my eyes, and seems to fit the idea of her attitude. Ff I ever did roll a FemShep, I'd make her look just like that. It's a shame we need a Miss Universe Shep that people seem to love, though. Blonde hair, pampered up, probably will say "I want galatic peace" or something when the Reapers asks her why she keeps on fighting, hah.

Oh well. Why not just use the default FemShep from the series and avoid this pointless and boring test?

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
I'd probably say 5, tohugh it may be out of character for Femshep to be saving the universe yet look so sexy.

Well, if Miranda is allowed to be crisp and pristine I guess FemShep should be allowed too.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
5 looks like Taylor Momsen. Cut out the damn eye makeup. What kinda soldier has time for that crap?

This won't really have an effect on my ME3 experience, because I always customize appearance and I have some save files that I'm extremely happy with, but they really need to make a FemShep that actually looks like a SOLDIER and not a model. Military women can be attractive without the ridiculous caked-on makeup. At least they haven't caved and made the armor different.

LocustCloud

Mar 10, 2010
I say we just keep the default FemShep that we are used too, but since that isn't a part of the actual question I'd have to say that;

I quite like 5 and 3, reason being that they are the most aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion). 5 looks like your average hot spy/commander girl and reminds me somewhat of Gears 3's Anya. 3 reminds me of ME 1 Ash, which yet again is a generic soldier girl look. Both these characters look generic, average, but most of all safe, meaning that they don't take any risks in the appearance and therefor avoiding mass hysteria when the game comes out and people hate the look. The player is the one to choose her identity, and (Bioware) making her look more personalized than generic (in my eyes) removes some element of choice because you sort of expect her to be a character, not your personal character that you develop, but a character that you just happen to play, if you know what I mean.

Mind you that I am writing this at 04:20 a.m and without much sleep my judgment can be a little, shall we say, clouded :p

Now that I think of it, 5 with slightly shorter and black hair, but same haircut would be kinda cool too. A little mix between ME3 Ashley and the default FemShep from ME1/2.

Bye bye sleepy now :p

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

You sir have won an internets with #1 and #3.

Honestly, I was a little surprised that default FemShep wasn't in there.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I voted 5 she is the only that looks sufficiently bad ass enough. I prefer Red hair my Fem shep has red hair.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
In all honesty the blonde is probably closest to my femshep, but that doesn't mean an updated version of the default from the last two games wouldn't have been acceptable.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
To me, Femshep will always be a white redheaded woman. I would love it if they made the blonde one a redhead.

I'd love it even more if they kept default femshep. They hardly tweaked male Shep, why do they have to give her such a massive overhaul? Make her actually look prettier this time, so tweak the face, make the short hair not look so greasy, and WOW, perfect.