BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
It's kinda disappointing if the only one that looks like she's stepped off a magazine photoshoot, the hot blonde, is the main choice.

The other 5 all look like they could handle themselves and mean business.

Not anti blonde thing, facially the blonde just looks more... glamourous I guess.

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
I'm just happy they are including a femshep in some of the promotional material. It's all good.

LHZA

Sep 22, 2010
I say old chap said:
One that looks like Brienne of Tarth.
Seriously though, these look terrible. Fashion models in space, in space marine suits?

Barbie!
You know the default maleshep was modeled after a fashion model right?

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
4 is pretty close to what mine looks like, though I'm not a fan of the hair.

Of course, just like I've already done with the last two ME games, I'll just ignore MarketingShep, male or female, and go with my own.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
At time of writing, option 5 - the blonde FemShep - is way out in front, with more than twice the votes of its nearest competitor.
i shouldn't have expected more from mass vote. we will have ugly FemShep, thank you.

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Its funny, because this whole scenario has crytalised everything I hate about femshep fans.

They spend all this time bitching and moaning because they used the default real life modelled guy on the boxes. Regardless of the fact that in game, if not for femshep getting preferential treatment in same sex romances (though thats mainly for dickheads who salivate over "hawt lezbeenz") things are near on completely equal.

Of course, put all the usual "femshep is female" and "Jennifer Hales bland neutral performance tone is SO much better than Mark Meers neutral performance tone" (if you engage your brain, its easy to understand why both tend to occasionally "under act" despite bullshit claims that Hale injects emotion into every single line she reads). Now that Bioware have given a choice as to which femshep to pick, the normal "bitchy" behavior directed at the supposed "inferior" maleshep is directed between the 6 choices.

Personally, I just cant wait for this crap to be finished so that they can actually market something the majority of players who play mass effect care about. Really, this just seems like to much fuss for something probably little over 2/10ths of mass effect gamers actually bother with.

Ghengiz Shepard

Jul 29, 2011
I don't really see how it matters - everybody who likes this sort of game is going to want to put 15 minutes into personalising their character anyway (and 90% of people will import their old one). If BioWare want to put some insipid bimbo on the box art that's their marketing problem.

I'll be importing "Ghengiz" Shepard, the jug-eared ugly ginger do-gooder from my previous games and I'm pretty sure my partner (who is a girl, and therefore has a female Shepard) will import her Halle Berry lookalike without so much as a glance at any barbie-faced default characters that might be on offer.

Bailey1337

Jul 29, 2011
Make number 5 a red head and then we'll talk. If not, I think I'll just be sticking with my own imported femshep. Hopefully by then she'll also have washed out the five pounds of industrial strength hair gel that mass effect's females seem to abuse.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/Scrumpmonkey/3newshepesc.jpg?t=1311779029
Two Words:

Twilight Shepard!

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
5 looks the best of them but imo the others look pretty awful so its best of a bad bunch to me.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Neferius said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
Perhaps we could have some fun with this?

My personal picks;

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/Scrumpmonkey/3newshepesc.jpg?t=1311779029
Two Words:

Twilight Shepard!
3 words; I made them aready XD

Awesome! :D
And just like that... ME3 is now 20% cooler (^-^)b

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Hmm, makes no difference to me. My FemShep will always be an angular woman with jet black hair in a school-marm bun with black lipstick for that hint of hawtness.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Blond bimbo is fine. But I believe that if there is one thing we learned from all of the sci-fi genre, it's that the redheads always save the day.