BioWare Releases Dragon Age: Inquisition Class Details, Screenshots

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Okay, so the classes are the same as the other games. I'm fine with that, as those are the three go-to classes for every fantasy game.
I'm super excited about this game. I wish Merrill was coming back, but I guess she and Hawke are busying doing...uh, something. Can't wait for this game.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
godofslack said:
synobal said:
Warrior, Mage and rogue really breaking the mold here aren't they. I'm still exceptionally skeptical about this. I hate that Morrigan was back. Way to invalidate all the DLC I bought from you Bioware.
Even if you stabbed Morrigan she still escaped, her being back isn't surprising in the least, she's the mother of a literal god (it's implied even with a grey warden sacrificing themselves, she still has dat babby) I mean do you think that they are just going to forget about her?
If i recall correctly, she still has the kid if you slept with her at one point but refused to do the ritual, it just doesn't have the special soul. If you never fuck or and don't take the ritual, she doesn't get a kid.

Tuxedoman

Apr 16, 2009
I for one am cautiously optimistic about this game. DA2 Was a roller coaster of mixed feelings right until the end of act 2 when I basically decided I wasn't going to play through it more than once, and Mass Effect 3 was the best thing ever until the end, when it swiftly turned into the worst thing ever.

Bioware made some of my favorite games. I was so engrossed in Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I Still play Jade Empire sometimes, and Kotor is still up there. I really want Dragon Age 3 to be good, because if it isn't the best game in the world then I don't think Bioware is going to win back consumer trust after its previous debacles.

But the more I see of Inquisition, the more that little flame of hope grows. Here's to hoping that camp warden EA doesn't drop a shipping container of micro-transaction branded water on it.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
roseofbattle said:
Mages wield their mental focus to create deadly attacks of fire and ice, weaken opponents for teammates, and heal allies. Mages have the chance to choose the Knight Enchanter specialization:

"Among the Circles of Magi, only a few mages have the strength of will necessary to focus their energy inward. Wrapped in protective magics and wielding blades of arcane force, the Knight Enchanters are rare, but inspiring sights as they lead the charge into enemy ranks."
Fuck yeah! I was really missing this in DA2, I love this sort of class.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
godofslack said:
synobal said:
Warrior, Mage and rogue really breaking the mold here aren't they. I'm still exceptionally skeptical about this. I hate that Morrigan was back. Way to invalidate all the DLC I bought from you Bioware.
Even if you stabbed Morrigan she still escaped, her being back isn't surprising in the least, she's the mother of a literal god (it's implied even with a grey warden sacrificing themselves, she still has dat babby) I mean do you think that they are just going to forget about her?
If i recall correctly, she still has the kid if you slept with her at one point but refused to do the ritual, it just doesn't have the special soul. If you never fuck or and don't take the ritual, she doesn't get a kid.
I look it up, it turns out I'm incorrect. Though that being said she did take a role as a member of the emperess of Orlais' court.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Has anyone seen the gameplay trailer? It looks a bit too much like Mass Effect for my liking. Granted that the UI and HUD wasn't shown off so it might play more like DA2, but as someone that's played a lot of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, the action in the trailer was eerily familiar. I haven't really done enough research on the game to know what's going on for sure, but hopefully I'm just mistaken.

On the topic of the 'three amazingly original classes', there's not much that can be done to improve the idea if you ask me, especially with how rigid the Dragon Age universe is about magic and who wields it. I'd rather see them do away with the class system altogether and give you complete customization over your character in the same vein as Skyrim.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Interesting, though I really wished they said something about the Blood Mage specialization. I loved played a generally good Blood Mage, since it was usually seen as nothing short of evil, when really, it could simply be a tool, like most other forms of magic.

But, if Blood Mage DOES make a return (Though I doubt it from what I've seen above), my Qunari Mage will be very happy.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
The fucking Qun sounds like a spectacularly dumb deity.

The classes are nothing to boast about but I am looking forward to being a Qunari.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I hope the Necromancers are more like Diablo 2. I hope it's not just gayass blood magic. It's probably just gayass blood magic.

I guess it's back to rolling dwarf!!

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
I'm curious because they speak a lot, but show almost nothing, about the core of the game, like companions and ennemis IA, leveling, impact of decisions and consequences.
They spoke about tactical fights, multiplayer, fortress etc... They show nothing about all of this but you can preorder the game.
The game must be gold in two months and nothing concrete is show.

I remember their last games and with them, i trust what i see not what they say.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
I'm curious because they speak a lot, but show almost nothing, about the core of the game, like companions and ennemis IA, leveling, impact of decisions and consequences.
They spoke about tactical fights, multiplayer, fortress etc... They show nothing about all of this but you can preorder the game.
The game must be gold in two months and nothing concrete is show.

I remember their last games and with them, i trust what i see not what they say.
They could be saving it all until E3 this year. Who knows, they might think they got something so amazing that they would want to show it all off at a major press event instead of just a press release.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
http://youtu.be/AAAEUFjq2K4

this is the real game play shown at pax prime last year think of it as you wish it is alpha

lostlambda

May 19, 2011
yaay the the Arcane Warrior is back I know people have posted on the above this is just an other reason to get this game (I'm not being sarcastic)

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
OMG OMG OMG its going to have warriors, rogues AND mages?! Can I preorder it now? Can I preorder it TWICE?! OMG I almost peed my pants, I'm sooooo excited! Only 6 months till release, all aboard the hype train!

That's probably how a typical biodrone feels right now.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
El Luck said:
ok thats nice, now how about instead of talking about it, you start fucking showing it. Talk is cheap Bioware, and yet you've somehow got yourself one hell of a bar tab.
Remember when they pre-maturely did something the last time? DA2 came out and nearly everyone jumped up and down because they go a game that (Some of us (me included) actually liked it) was really only worth 40 dollars. The game is coming out in October and we already have 2 trailers, more are bound to come and show even more things such as almost fully polished gameplay, so be patient.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Nil Kafashle said:
verdant monkai said:
The fucking Qun sounds like a spectacularly dumb deity.
Not sure what inspired this comment but the Qun isn't a deity, it's the philosophy of the Qunari.
Thanks for correcting me. My life has drastically improved with this knowledge.