BioWare Reveals Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Reveals Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2

BioWare has taken the wraps off Mass Effect 2 [http://masseffect.bioware.com/home/news/103/] that will feature the return of everyone's favorite blue-skinned space babe.

Rumors about Mass Effect 2 DLC based on Liara T'soni, the Asari biotic who just couldn't manage to squeeze "saving the galaxy" into her busy schedule, first EA [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100124-Rumor-Liara-DLC-Coming-to-Mass-Effect-2] said at the time that it wouldn't comment on "rumors or speculation," but it turns out that rumors were right: Liara is joining the team.

How her return will be handled isn't clear at this point but the DLC will apparently be based on the aftermath of Liara's struggle to recover Shepard's body from the Shadow Broker two years earlier. That story was detailed in the four-part comic book series Mass Effect: Redemption [http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Redemption], which I didn't read but that, based on the brief encounter with Liara in Mass Effect 2, left some pretty hard feelings. Now Liara wants some payback and apparently Shepard and his team have decided to take a break from saving the galaxy to help her get it.

It seems a little weird to me that with the fate of the galaxy still hanging by a thread and Cerberus, with Shepard and company at the tip of its spear, still the only group taking the matter seriously, everyone would be so cool with knocking off for a few weeks to help Liara settle a score. Am I really supposed to care about some kind of intergalactic gangsta throw-down when life as we know it is staring down the barrel of extinction?

Eh, who am I kidding? I'll probably buy it the day it comes out. When that day will come hasn't been announced, however, so stay tuned!

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Time to get my ME2 disk back of my friend before it comes out.

That reminds me, I forgot to get Overlord as well...

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
FINALLY!

This is the DLC I'm waiting for before I play through Mass Effect 2 again. (And try all the DLCs I've missed.)

May 1, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
It seems a little weird to me that with the fate of the galaxy still hanging by a thread and Cerberus, with Shepard and company at the tip of its spear, still the only group taking the matter seriously, everyone would be so cool with knocking off for a few weeks to help Liara settle a score. Am I really supposed to care about some kind of intergalactic gangsta throw-down when life as we know it is staring down the barrel of extinction?
As good as Mass Effect is, continuity and correlation in its own universe is not its strength.

But aye, I shall get this upon its release as well, about time something meaty was made.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Do want! If it's as good as having Liara back and assaulting the shadow broker sounds, anyway. I don't want to spend hours hacking terminals and finding the computer they unlock again.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Hopefully this will be free for those with the Cerberus Network...

I honestly don't want to spend MicrosoftPoints for something I could have gotten for free if they had just kept using the system.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I try to get out, but they just keep pulling me back in. Although I honestly thought that the shadowbroker situation wouldn't be resolved untill ME3.

Estoki

May 25, 2010
She better be an actual character, instead of a person that only says 10 things and then resets like Kasumi and Zaeed.

May 5, 2010
The DSM said:
Time to get my ME2 disk back of my friend before it comes out.

That reminds me, I forgot to get Overlord as well...
Strangely enough, this is more or less exactly what I was going to say, including the "get it back from a friend" thing.

So yeah. I guess it's time to get my ME2 disk back from my friend before it comes out. Which reminds me, I forgot to get Overlord as well.

[small]Gotta avoid the low post content...[/small]

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Gabanuka said:
I'm thinking thay might add one with Ashley or Kaidan the way its going.
After the events of ME2, the only DLC I'd want to see involving Ashley or Kaiden would be "Miranda and Jacob Repeatedly Shoot Ashley or Kaiden in the Face". It would be quite short, but it would also be quite satisfying. I don't like those two much anymore.

Still, hopefully this DLC will be good. It'll be cool to have Liara on the team again. I'm guessing this DLC will also take place after the end of ME2, given that Bioware said they were going to be focussing on pre-ME3 DLC from now on.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Crap... wonder how she will feel... That my sheperd no longer likes her. 0.0

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
You should've seen my face when I read the headline. It was something along the lines of a very literal :D

Shit, how do I punctuate that? If I put a period after the emoticon, it looks like a chin mole or something. Or a horribly misplaced third eye. If I put it after the emoticon with a space separating them, my brain starts eating itself because it looks terrible. I can't put it before, because then the emoticon is no longer part of the sentence, and I'd prefer to just have a smooth integration because having a big sentence introducing (rather than merely utilizing) an emoticon looks ridiculous.

Back on topic, this should be very rewarding for everyone that read Mass Effect: Redemption. In other words, I'm going to be very rewarded. Hopefully. I need more coffee.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Seriously, did you not play the loyalty missions or something? It seems to me that no one in that universe has any idea what urgency means.