BioWare Reveals Most Used Cmdr. Shepard Names in Mass Effect

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Jane was fine with me? Wait, I actually went with Kana, because I named her after a person who I admired.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Guilty as charged, I did name my character Alex. Of course through multiple play through with different class I changed names. I did use the default at one time, but can't remember the others I used. Female I used Twla and Sandra.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
If you look at the geographic breakdown at the bottom of the image, you can see that the most popular names for Shep are the most popular names of that region. It's not exactly surprising to see the Alex's and Kate's. Jack and James are very close to John as well. What interests me is "Michael". I wonder how many people where referencing the archangel in the bible? It certainly fits the character.

Additionally, I've used Jessica as a femshep name before. Pretty neat knowing I was far from the only one. But the rest of the names got nothin' on mine [http://oi58.tinypic.com/qyfyuf.jpg].

Longing

Nov 29, 2012
seems like the community has as much imagination as the actual industry.
is it a requirement for a white burly dude to be called jack?

ps. my femshep was named after the much superior cate... blanchett. queen. basic ass winslett.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
My femsheps were named Maria, Matilda and Sofia. Only played as maleshep once, and I called him Celo, which happens to be my name.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
RedDeadFred said:
I'm surprised John isn't up their to be honest.
Did you even read the article?

John is the default man Shepard name, so it wasn't included in the results.
These stats are only for people who used a name different from the default.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
No one picked Hermione Shepard?
She plays as a biotic.

Come on, it fits.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Objectable said:
Hawkeye21 said:
Objectable said:
I'm surprised "Cocksucker" or "XXX360NoScope666XXX" aren't on there. I've played the games a couple dozen times and always chose those.
I'm surprised "Titty", "Beefcake" or "Sweetcheeks" aren't on the list...
Really, if last names were an option, my Shepard would have so many different names
<spoiler=names my shepard would halve if I could do last names>

Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bold Bigflank

Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bolt Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese

Buff Drinklots
Trunk Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefgnaw
Smash Lampjaw

Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Chunkman
Dirk Hardpeck
Rip Steakface

Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Brick Hardmeat
Rip Sidecheek
Punch Sideiron

Gristle McThornBody
Slake Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson
Blast Thickneck

Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefrock
Touch Rustrod
Reef Blastbody

Big McLargeHuge
Smoke Manmuscle
Beat Punchbeef
Pack Blowfist
Roll Fizzlebeef
How on earth did 'Bob Johnson' make it on to that ingenious list?

OT: Whenever I played as a renegade male I would always name him Sweet Shepard, because it makes him sound like a ruthless space pimp.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Do people really go with their normal names when playing games like these? I usually try to do something at least a little different.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
for a male Shepard in Mass Effect 2 i gave him my name.. and for a female Shepard i original used the name Raven.. untill DC Universe online caused my PS3's hardrive to crash back in 2012 and i lost all my save data.. at that point when I started a new game with a female Shepard i used the name Izumi.. (i'm majorly into anime and Japan in general so most games where you name your own character they end up with Japanese names.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
Femshep: Jenna.. because I'm in love with Jenna Jameson.. what can I say? ><

Manshep: Doomguy, because by total accident I got him looking so much like Doomguy from Doom 3 it just fit

I played through all 3 games as both characters, Jenna slept only with females (both cuz its what JJ does irl and cuz I'm a red blooded American male) and Doomguy slept with as many women as he could cuz Doomguy is a badass like that

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I put a lot of thought into character creation, so this is fun to learn. I've done a fair few playthroughs of Mass Effect, and the 3 I went through the whole game with were Juan, Ahmed, and Juliet (I don't really go for making characters that look like me/have my name, because what's the point of a character creator if you're not going to be creative with it?).

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Wow Bioware fans. Y'all are lella name. Go for the high score.

I personally named my Femshep "Yup" (it's an inside joke among friends so this sounds just as lame)

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
s69-5 said:
Hasn't anyone notice that Jack Shephard (the most popular male name) is this character:

From Lost

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the face model. I know the face model for Kaidan announced himself on tumblr last year...let's just say a lot more people were following him for the wet dreams than his gay organization goals.

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
I really did think that "Commander" would be on here, people have mentioned it on this thread and I knew other people who used it. Oh well, my Shepards are...
Femshep Engineer- Rain
BroShep Vanguard- Rainer
FemShep Adept- Rainest

These idiots have been with me since the beginning.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
Male Soldier - John
Male Infiltrator - Tanis
Female Vanguard - Tanya
Female Adept - Kira
Female Engineer - Samantha
Male Sentinel - Victor

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
My Fem!Shep always ended up with the name 'Celeste'. I have no idea why, but the name 'Celeste Shepard' rolls off the tongue nicely.