BioWare Says SWTOR Subscriptions Haven't Dropped

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I know as someone who really enjoys the game, I can't play multiplayer on my laptop without lagging to shit. that is one of the major reasons I haven't logged in a while...that and graduate school.

I know WoW lagged the same way on my old computers, but I guess now I just don't have the patience for it. /shrug

Apr 5, 2008
It is quieter than I would like in-game. At any given time, whatever level, it can be very hard to find 3 other players to put together a balanced team for a dungeon/flashpoint. Doing heroic quests can also be challenging...not because the mission itself is challenging, but finding another person with whom to do it is challenging. I think a server merges is a very good idea.

The other idea is one I really can't understand why it isn't implemented. It would almost entirely eliminate the "population" problem and the faction imbalance problem. I understand why Republic and Sith players are kept wholly seperate..because WoW did it that way, and WoW is successful. Well it's a stupid, needless feature. WHY can't player's from either faction enjoy PvE content with each other?

In Eve Online, an Amarr can play with a Caldari. In Age of Conan all factions can play with each other. Same in Fallen Earth and many others. In City of Heroes/Villains, games which are quite seperate allow opposing factions to join together for certain PvE content (and since Going Rogue, even SWITCH SIDES!).

The Faction restrictions may make sense from a story perspective I'll grant, but from a gameplay perspective it is frustrating and needless. If we could play with each other in PvE there would be significantly more content, more players, more players of an appropriate level to team with, more chance of finding tanks/healers as needed, etc.

The other feature I wish the game had and cannot understand why EVERY MMO doesn't have it, is CoH/V's Lackey/Sidekick system. This allows players of any level to play with other players of any level and get level-appropriate rewards. I appreciate that in a story driven game this isn't an easy thing to implement as is. However, it would mean that as a max level character I can join my low or mid-level friends for dungeons without crippling their XP gain, with a challenge for myself and so on. This results in...more players to team with and the ability to join friends whatever level they are.

We could have a larger, functioning economy rather than the pathetically understocked trade house atm, more content, more players to enjoy said content with and still enjoy the inter-faction battles, stories and PvP.

icnfde

Dec 27, 2007
Karathos said:
People I leveled with on release started bitching about lack of content the moment they hit 50. Once I politely reminded them how little endgame content WoW had on release, that shut up quite a few naysayers.
You mean the 2 complete 40-man raids (MC+Ony, which unlike TOR, didn't get cleared a week within hitting level cap) and the 6 progressive end-game dungeons (Scholomance, Stratholme Living + UD, Blackrock Depths, Upper + Lower Blackrock Spire)?

They probably shut up because it's no point in arguing with someone as delusional as you are.

davispunx

Apr 30, 2012
icnfde said:
Karathos said:
People I leveled with on release started bitching about lack of content the moment they hit 50. Once I politely reminded them how little endgame content WoW had on release, that shut up quite a few naysayers.
You mean the 2 complete 40-man raids (MC+Ony, which unlike TOR, didn't get cleared a week within hitting level cap) and the 6 progressive end-game dungeons (Scholomance, Stratholme Living + UD, Blackrock Depths, Upper + Lower Blackrock Spire)?

They probably shut up because it's no point in arguing with someone as delusional as you are.
The two 40 mans were Onyxia and MC. However, you couldn't walk right in. There were quest lines to become "keyed". The Ony chain was very long, and included runs through some of the 5 mans before you could enter. MC had 8 bosses, and due to some "resistance" fights, quite a bit of farming for resist gear was needed . This model was abandoned mostly from Vanilla on with a few exceptions. The first bosses of MC were killed in January of 05, a few months after release. Almost every other raid since vanilla has been cleared either the same day or a few days after the release of the instance so its not like MMOs have a history of providing challenging raid content (See mmo-champion website for source). I personally like the idea of being able to cake walk through the first couple of raid tiers as the game is developed (See Naxxrammus 2 which was easy mode).