BioWare should get into the MMO game

Eilanis

Mar 14, 2008
If BioWare wants to get into the MMO scene, it needs to realize that their games are run on multiplayer. Neverwinter Nights 2 sucked, and to this day more people play the original because the story was blah and the real fun was in running servers in an MMO meets actual online roleplay (gasp!) situation. While I bought and have been playing Dragon Age: Origins, I was only slightly surprised but still rather pissed that BioWare doesn't know that games largely sell on multiplayer.

Dungeons and Dragons Online aside (haven't tried it yet), NWN took a pen-and-paper game and adapted it to PC and effectively gave players the tools to run games in a mix between MMO-style gaming and pen-and-paper that can be found. Granted, I don't play anymore because the controls feel clunky, the graphics suck, and I prefer other games, but NWN holds a certain amount of nostalgia. In addition to what we've seen, they could add an SDK and allow gamemasters to design their own worlds, towns, or something like that. Lots of work? Yes, but those that are well designed will stay with the community and people will spend ages building them, just like pen-and-paper gamemasters slave over their own campaign worlds.

FireFox170

Dec 15, 2007
MMORPG's suck anyway. If bioware makes an MMORPG, I won't play it, I won't even give it a chance. They will probably lose more business than they would gain if they made an MMO. Don't take Bioware away from the Singleplayer RPG genre...please...we need them. There are tons of other MMO's, you don't need more.

Neverwinter Nights 2 sucked, and to this day more people play the original because the story was blah and the real fun was in running servers in an MMO meets actual online roleplay (gasp!) situation.
Neverwinter Nights 2 in itself did not suck, the singleplayer was better than the Original NWN1 campaign, and the expansion was even better. However, the main problem was that the Toolset that accompanied Neverwinter Nights 2 was much more complex.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Love the ignorance of how people do not realize that BioWare are creating The Old Republic.