BioWare Splits Difference with Reversible FemShep Mass Effect 3 Cover

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
With all the crazy marketing stunts they've pulled for ME3, I fear we might end up with a segment that likes ME3 exclusively and disses the rest, like it happened with ME2. You know, the Gears/Halo crowd.

DAMn....? Is that DLC thing a fact?

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Why not split the difference and launch some copies with the Femshep cover facing the front?

Raise your hand if you downloaded the Reckoning demo after watching this video.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
scorptatious said:
Wow that's really cool. I've noticed a lot of people talking about how FemSheop isn't getting the recognition she deserves.

Of course, knowing this site, and most game sites in general, people will find something to complain about this.
Adam Jensen said:
I guess that's cool. I just don't know why they chose to go with the generic looking cover with a [space]marine holding a gun. It's just so retarded and tasteless. It looks exactly like CoD and Battlefield. Mass Effect 1 still has the best cover and even that one was not that great.
Vuljatar said:
Huh. That's cool I guess.

Too bad I hate the "official female Shepard". She's too young.
Like so.
Well, they should have given us more choice than just the hair color.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Vuljatar said:
scorptatious said:
Wow that's really cool. I've noticed a lot of people talking about how FemSheop isn't getting the recognition she deserves.

Of course, knowing this site, and most game sites in general, people will find something to complain about this.
Adam Jensen said:
I guess that's cool. I just don't know why they chose to go with the generic looking cover with a [space]marine holding a gun. It's just so retarded and tasteless. It looks exactly like CoD and Battlefield. Mass Effect 1 still has the best cover and even that one was not that great.
Vuljatar said:
Huh. That's cool I guess.

Too bad I hate the "official female Shepard". She's too young.
Like so.
Well, they should have given us more choice than just the hair color.
You can make your Shepard look however the way you want him/her to look in the game. I don't understand why people make a big deal over what the default Shepards look like.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
scorptatious said:
You can make your Shepard look however the way you want him/her to look in the game. I don't understand why people make a big deal over what the default Shepards look like.
I don't think it's a big deal one way or another, which is why my response to the OP is a resounding "meh". It's nice that they're giving FemShep some face time, but they should have given people more choice than the hair color when they were re-doing her.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh huh... this manages to be both rather clever and a bit silly at the same time.

Honestly, the constant mewling from the femshep crowd is getting tiresome, and that's coming from someone who prefers the bloody female version of Shepard.

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
One question I have: Is there even a fricking manual in the box?! Call me pedantic but for some reason I dont feel the game is complete without a physical book I can read telling me what weapons I can expect or what class has what powers so I can plan my Insanity playthrough. It may be in the pause menu or the starting menu like in Kingdoms Of Amalur but who wants to read that in the game itself?

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i i do not get it with a femshep on a front cover...

... i will just flip it over at my earliest possible convinience

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Not into the games but I like developers going the extra mile and doing things like this for fans.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
um...cool i guess. i still think its weird that suddenly everyone is making a big deal about the gender but whatever makes fans happy. the last thing the game needs right now is more bad publicity

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Fappy said:
Jaeke said:
I don't like the femshep that they ended up choosing for default but that is a damn good idea. good job EA (for once)
I liked the femshep that won the vote... didn't really like how it was adapted in the actualy game >.>
I just wish she didn't have freckles...

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Why yes three codes just to play IS ridiculous. Which is why I refuse to give EA any of my money.
I'll happily let Best Buy take my money instead.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I would have preferred a one sided sleeve and have the game cost $1 dollar less. Was this whole FemShep v ManShep that huge of a deal? If it was, then there are many, many sad people with jacked up priorities in this country.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
Entering codes... hmm, this might be a way for them to use the Kinect sensor or iPad app for XBOX users. What if the back of the "code card" had a scan-able image like a QR code? Heck, if it had the scan-able image and a 4 letter pin, that'd be better than the 25+ characters we have to enter now.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I still don't understand the complaint of the 'more female friendly' stance. Shepard is a male, always was from the start, and for no specific reason. I don't complain when the Metroid series doesn't make a male equivalent protagonist.

People like to complain about the stupidest things, this is time and money that could be spent making a better fucking game.