BioWare talks about the next Dragon Age.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
wow does bioware have some sort of brain damage their announcing shit that was mostly in their games before and anyone claping and cheering like a retard at anything they announce I'm very suspicious that these are biowarEA plants

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Or maybe they are just people who like that a Developer is at least saying they will return to the old ways instead of becoming CoD?

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Xanthious said:
Look at all you people talking like Bioware still exists. That's funny. Bioware's dead and gone and the sooner you all accept that EA just has their hand up the ass of Bioware's rotting and bloated corpse to part foolish gamers with their money the better off you'll be.
Believe what you want, but if the ending was ignored momentarily, ME3 was one of the greatest games put out in the past few years.

I like Bioware. They're far from my favorite dev, but they hardly deserve the flak they're getting. After the fallout from the ending controversy, they have no choice but to take their time and do things well or they'll be thrown out on their asses.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Hurray those are some interesting points and I applaud them for their humbleness...too bad with the trend of Bioware's marketing I can't take their words at anything else other than face value...I'll just believe it when I see it.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Seanfall said:
]Me too. At least we're getting pandas. What is DA3 getting? Hype that's about it.
Never played WoW never will.

I'm a guild wars person myself.
never Played GW. Heard it was ok. GW2 looks interesting. will have to wait and see.

SajuukKhar said:
Or maybe they are just people who like that a Developer is at least saying they will return to the old ways instead of becoming CoD?
COD with Crossbows swords and magic....they should make a mod for that.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Seanfall said:
never Played GW. Heard it was ok. GW2 looks interesting. will have to wait and see.
Guild wars wasn't really a MMO, its was more like Diablo but permanently online.

Seanfall said:
You know what I meant, but I would actually want to see that mod.

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
Sounds like they've listened to peoples complaints and are changing things, in some cases back to the way they were before. What more do people want? I mean they made a couple mistakes design wise, get over it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
ravenshrike said:
It was a VERY short lived dev post on the BSN 1-2 years ago, and apart from the fact that the general plot of DA2 was originally meant to be an expansion to DA:O the rest of my post is purely conjecture on my part if I'm being honest. However it certainly fits.
I'm thinking your memory might be playing tricks on you.

I recall that the story of DAO: Awakening was originally one if the ideas they had for Dragon Age II, but was turned into an expansion instead. Not the other way around with Hawke's adventure.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Seanfall said:
Guild wars wasn't really a MMO, its was more like Diablo but permanently online.

Seanfall said:
You know what I meant, but I would actually want to see that mod.
One of these days I'm going to have to actually play Diablo. People keep bringing it up there's gotta be something to it. And yes I know what you meant. And I would love that mod just to hear this phrase. "Stealing my kill you *****? don't make me pull out my +2 mace mutha fucka...I'm bout to get medevil on your ass."

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Seanfall said:
One of these days I'm going to have to actually play Diablo. People keep bringing it up there's gotta be something to it. And yes I know what you meant. And I would love that mod just to hear this phrase. "Stealing my kill you *****? don't make me pull out my +2 mace mutha fucka...I'm bout to get medevil on your ass."
Diablo is fun but keep a spare mouse..... or two...... and maybe a spare hand or two, you might break one or the other clicking so much.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
And So my Waxed Seal of Disaproval for Bioware is complete. Keep beating that dead horse like you did mass effect. If only they had the brains to help spend more time the team working on the enhanced baldurs gate edition.

This is not some lame protest about Mass Effect, I actually thought it was a mediocre and ok game to purchase second hand. But the origin software is what made me not buy it.

Bioware is dead to me now

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Besides Jessica looking wicked sick when cosplaying as Hawke, this video troubles me.

From what i've gathered, they're just going with what they did years ago and bringing back those elements into the newest game. It could be for the better, but does that mean they'll always just stick with what they've used to do in games that date as far back as say Fallout 1 or basic RPGs from early 1990-2000?

I could be wrong, yet after the results of DA2 getting hate plus how horrible ME3's ending turned out to be.. I can't see Bioware pulling off DA3. Why? Because somehow ether the style, the mechanics, the story, or even the ending will cause a huge stir by the fans. Bioware has been losing their touch and it's obviously showing now. Hopefully their future games shall prove me wrong, thus I want to be wrong. But my gut tells me this is how it's going to be. That, and because EA is hurting Bioware in the worst possible ways and shall continue to inflict Bioware until they're bankrupt sadly.
Its not sad at all, they totally deserve to go bankrupt. Nearly all the devs that made bioware a name in the gaming industry have moved onto better pastures because they were all ripped off. Fallout New Vegas is just where some of the Devs ended up.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
-_-

Is the DA part of Bioware going to start acting stupid now as well? Equipment for companions? *Looks at NWN, DA:O and SW:TOR* Yea, that's hardly something new or even something to be proud about bringing back. It should have been there in the first place.

Also 'Decisions Matter'? *facepalm* So when's this coming out? I want to finish this:
Retake DA3 20**
Setting themselves up for another one.

Bioware. Just make a good sequel to DA:O, thats all we're asking.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
I remain a skeptic. Bioware has lost me as preorder/Day 1 buyer, they will have to earn me back.

I'm not even a Retake Mass Effect supporter, I just think their work recently has seemed shoddy in alot of ways, the Mass Effect 3 ending being just one in a line of decisions I find distasteful. I appreciate their ability to listen and respond to criticism, but it's too late at this point, I don't think that DLC "clarifying" the endings does anything for me. The fact of the matter is I got an ending, a terrible one full of plot holes that left a bad taste in my mouth after what had been a phenomenal gaming experience, but to end a series in that way.... it was bad for me, and I question the creative decisions that went into it most of all.

I suppose that is the crux of the argument here. My motivation to buy Bioware's products is fueled by my appreciation of the excellent work they do and by my belief in the ability of their creative minds to create an enjoyable experience. If it was, in fact, the creative minds at Bioware that have been producing such lackluster content then I'm afraid I may have to move on. I'm willing to give it another shot, but only after careful research and with not a little trepidation.

Dragon Age: 2 was terrible, Mass Effect's ending was awful. There is no going back and fixing that for me, I had my experience and it was not up to par for me as a consumer, they can't go back and fix that experience, it's already done and over with.

Bioware was one of my favorite companies but I have no problem waving them farewell if this is the type of product that they are going to put out. I am also a major objector to Day 1 DLC and I found the exclusion of content from my experience was a travesty, if that is the way they conduct business, then I will voice my displeasure with my dollars.

For good or for ill, that is how I feel on the matter.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
They pretty much confirmed that DA3 will have a voiced protagonist.
YES!!!

OK, so it's not a huge thing, but I found the one-sided conversations in DA:O a little weird and creepy. I kept feeling like I was supposed to be saying the Grey Warden's lines out loud myself.

(And a couple of times I assumed the line was sarcastic, only to extrapolate from the other character's response that it probably wasn't...)