BioWare Teases New Mass Effect 3 DLC

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
erttheking said:
Hey Krogan, the Brutes called, they want their

DVS BSTrD said:
Oh look a gravity hammer, just incase we weren't sure Mass Effect had completely lost it's identity by now.
....DAMN IT! NINJAED! Well in their defense, Halo doesn't have sci-fi war hammers copyrighted

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Super_sledge

And Mass Effect has always made cool clubs (looking at you afterlife) but...yeah, they really backed themselves into a cormer with the ending. I'll pass. It doesn't help that apparently the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?
I think a certain group of genetically-engineered super soldiers would like a word with you about their Thunder Hammers :p

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.
People are not moaners for not liking the game
This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

Is this moaning? I'll let Captcha answer that:
"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.
The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.
I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.
Uh...yeah, pretty sure that they care

Yeah, but everyone else isn't you. Besides, if a game series take up five years of your life and it crashes and burns, you can't just "get over it" right away.

So in other words, don't voice your opinions and don't pressure Bioware to learn from them. I don't buy it.
You're completely ignoring what I'm saying.

I hated BioWare for months for what they did. But at the end of the day, you can't hate a game, no matter how amazing it was, with such loathing passion for every day for an entire year.

At the end of the day, this is just a game. Sure, Mass Effect was an amazing series, extremely emotional, the only game that had ever made me truly care about the characters to the point I considered them friends, and more. And yes, this is a game series that people had invested in for 5 years. But it's only a game. A form of entertainment. It may have changed the people who played it (it certainly changed me), but it's still only a piece of entertainment produced for public consumption in exchange for money. Because it had a bad ending and some lazy design features does not warrant people complaining about it every single day for 11 months with the same hate. It's as if the game had stolen their girlfriend or got them fired by the way they have such loathing for it.

Now, I will say it again. READ CAREFULLY, because you always seem to miss out this vital point I've made in all of my posts: I think it's perfectly ok to hate the game. I think it's perfectly ok to say to BioWare "No, you made a shit game, I will not accept this." I think it's perfeclty reasonable to never buy a BioWare game again because of it. But do you have to tell everyone you're doing it every single day? Do you have to see a news article and write a 7 page essay on why you think Mass Effect 3 was a terrible game every time Mass Effect related news comes up?

If you don't like the game, you simply don't like it. You don't buy any more BioWare games, their sales drop, they realise they're doing wrong, they either change it or go bust. You could even contact them with constructive citisism, because that's always better than simply shouting in their face that they are worthless and terrible at making games. Or, you can continue playing BioWare games and enjoy it. It's your choice. But don't brag about your choice to hate the game every time some one says "Mass Effect 3."

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Devoneaux said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.
This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.
The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.
I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.
Uh...yeah, pretty sure that they care

Yeah, but everyone else isn't you. Besides, if a game series take up five years of your life and it crashes and burns, you can't just "get over it" right away.

So in other words, don't voice your opinions and don't pressure Bioware to learn from them. I don't buy it.
You're completely ignoring what I'm saying.

I hated BioWare for months for what they did. But at the end of the day, you can't hate a game, no matter how amazing it was, with such loathing passion for every day for an entire year.

At the end of the day, this is just a game. Sure, Mass Effect was an amazing series, extremely emotional, the only game that had ever made me truly care about the characters to the point I considered them friends, and more. And yes, this is a game series that people had invested in for 5 years. But it's only a game. A form of entertainment. It may have changed the people who played it (it certainly changed me), but it's still only a piece of entertainment produced for public consumption in exchange for money. Because it had a bad ending and some lazy design features does not warrant people complaining about it every single day for 11 months with the same hate. It's as if the game had stolen their girlfriend or got them fired by the way they have such loathing for it.

Now, I will say it again. READ CAREFULLY, because you always seem to miss out this vital point I've made in all of my posts: I think it's perfectly ok to hate the game. I think it's perfectly ok to say to BioWare "No, you made a shit game, I will not accept this." I think it's perfeclty reasonable to never buy a BioWare game again because of it. But do you have to tell everyone you're doing it every single day? Do you have to see a news article and write a 7 page essay on why you think Mass Effect 3 was a terrible game every time Mass Effect related news comes up?

If you don't like the game, you simply don't like it. You don't buy any more BioWare games, their sales drop, they realise they're doing wrong, they either change it or go bust. You could even contact them with constructive citisism, because that's always better than simply shouting in their face that they are worthless and terrible at making games. Or, you can continue playing BioWare games and enjoy it. It's your choice. But don't brag about your choice to hate the game every time some one says "Mass Effect 3."
I wonder if the irony of you complaining about other people you think are complaining is lost on you...

You know if you think what people are doing here is useless complaining, then you didn't need to come in here and stand up on your big marble pedestal to decry our discussion. Just sayin' you really added nothing to the conversation.
Tell you what; I'll give you that one.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
If EA would only let them make Jade Empire 2...

As long as Bioware gets let out of their development cave to make something, I suppose a long and agonizing death is better for milking out than a quick death

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.

All this DLC is awkward though, we're playing missions that I guess took place sometime in the middle of ME3 long after most of us have already played it through to the end. At least with ME2 you could continue playing the game after the credits but with ME3 the ending is pretty final.

If Bioware wasn't intending to end the Mass Effect series with ME3 they sure dug themselves into a hole.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Mike Richards said:
Wave One: people complain about the ending.
Wave Two: people complain about EA and how they think Bioware is terrible now.
Wave Three: people complain about DLC.
Wave Four: people complain about the other people complaining.
Wave Five: people complain about having to see this whole debate get carried out yet again.

Round over, no winners, no survivors. Everyone levels up. New match starts.
Strange game... The only way to win is not to play...

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
erttheking said:
It doesn't help that apparently the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?
Source? And why didn't they just do that? (i know, money dear boy, but seriously).

Nuttydwarf

May 15, 2012
Devoneaux said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
Ughh... I am so very weary of reading ME3 complaints... judging by these threads you'd think ME3 was actually bad or something.
ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.
ME 3 better then ME 2? o_O dear god, I hope your just trolling

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Devoneaux said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
ME3 isn't bad? I mean I know it's better than ME2 but it's not the high quality storytelling some people claim it to be.
Maybe it's not Dostoyevsky, but it's a Sci-fi videogame with a better story than most Sci-fi movies. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. It takes characters we have strong feelings towards and puts them into extremely dramatic situations where our choices determine who lives, who dies, and how the larger world is affected. Major events of the game, such as the genophage cure and the Geth/Quarian faceoff, are natural conclusions to important conflicts introduced at the start of the series. The trilogy's numerous characters each get some sort of final conflict before their story arcs get completely wrapped up, and then we get to say a last goodbye to each of them before Shepherd goes on to fulfil his or her destiny/quest/mission. The game has it's flaws for sure, which get endless, endless scrutiny the likes of which I've never seen before in a videogame, but to say it's not even marginally decent, to call the whole game 'bad' is just being hyperbolic about something that didn't live up to your expectations.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
skywolfblue said:
I hope they release that hammer for the multiplayer. A krogan vanguard with gravity hammer? That's just cheating! Yes please!
Dear god yes.
Hopefully it's light enough to be used and retain +200% weight.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I just hope this DLC gets back to what Bioware do best and that is their characters.

Perhaps biggest of all my dislikes about Mass Effect 3 is that interactions felt like they had no importance and were just generic platitudes.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

actually it does make it less valid do to the fact that by this time its been said so often and by so many people most will just look ignore it at this point. hell i only read your post cause you tend to be a level headed person,and one of my few friends on this site. Now dont take this as me saying your wrong in the way you feel about the game, your not we're all intitled to our opinions, but do take it as most people just dont give a shit any more and have already decided to love or hate the game.

now that thats done can we just hug and go back to laughing at zeels old posts like the good old days?:)

Nuttydwarf

May 15, 2012
Devoneaux said:
Nuttydwarf said:
Devoneaux said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
ME 3 better then ME 2? o_O dear god, I hope your just trolling
ME3: Tacked on RPG elements

ME2: what RPG elements?

ME3: Still about the reapers and shepard stopping them

ME2: About stupid bug things that we've never heard of before and will never be important again.

ME3: Shepard takes on a leadership role, bringing the galaxy together so that they can just bet it all on black and hope for the best.

ME2: Shepard is a completely passive character who just does whatever TIM tells him to, even after TIM readily betrays him on at least one occasion.

It's also worth mentioning that ME3's problems started with ME2. Since ME2 wasn't in any way plot integral, ME3 ends up loaded down with exposition since it has to carry the weight of two games.
Question: have you have gone or done a class in which you look at character development, story progession, character archtypes, story pacing, Direct and Indirect action of characters?

also exposition is not correct word your looking for.

definition of Exposition (used from Merriam-webster):
1: a setting forth of the meaning or purpose (as of a writing)
2 :
a : discourse or an example of it designed to convey information or explain what is difficult to understand
b (1) : the first part of a musical composition in sonata form in which the thematic material of the movement is presented
(2) : the opening section of a fugue

3: a public exhibition or show

here's a quote for you: "a story can have a bad middle but can not have a bad beginning or a bad ending. The reason for this, is the beginning draws in the audience and the ending leaves the final impression on the audience."