BioWare to Sell Fan-Designed Mass Effect Hoodies

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
BioWare to Sell Fan-Designed Mass Effect Hoodies

One fan's awesome Mass Effect hoodie designs are getting the official treatment from BioWare.

You might recall Christine Schott's designs for hoodies based on Mass Effect costume designs [http://lupodirosso.deviantart.com/art/mass-effect-hoodie-project-STATUS-UPDATED-AGAIN-294739828 ]. They cropped up on various news sites after she posted them on Deviant Art back in April. I assumed the concept art to the right would be the last I'd ever see of the project, but rather surprisingly, BioWare has decided the idea is just too cool to ignore. According to Schott, the Mass Effect 3 developer intends to produce apparel based on her designs. No word on when we'll be seeing the finished product, however.

As she wrote on her Deviant Art profile.

"Yup, thats right. I had a talk on the phone yesterday with a couple of people who are part of the team that make official mass effect apparel. they were really nice people, and I was a nervous wreck. XD it was agreed their designers will be taking on the hoodie project!

Chances are my hoodies are nowhere near the final product, after all I'm no true designer and haven't got the slightest idea what looks good on clothing and what doesn't. I just conceptualized the idea. they will be redesigning the hoodies, and will sell a few as a trial run, and if it goes well more hoodies will be added I'm sure.
Though there's been no official word from BioWare or EA just yet, Schott assures fans she's being compensated for her work. Bonus points to the first person caught fighting crime in their new Garrus hoodie.

Source: Deviant Art [http://lupodirosso.deviantart.com/art/mass-effect-hoodie-project-STATUS-UPDATED-AGAIN-294739828]

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Bonus points to the first person caught fighting crime in their new Garrus hoodie.
Challenge accepted my good sir. I already fight crime dressed as Saxton Hale. Why not Garrus?

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
They look great...

But what I really want is that leather N7 jacket. That thing is pure sex.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Artemis923 said:
They look great...

But what I really want is that leather N7 jacket. That thing is pure sex.
*grumble* we got shafted with the dress....

but anyway....I'd probably go with the mordin one or Liara one...

EDIT; oh kasumi! definetly...

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah I could see wearing Legion. So yeah, this might well be a smart move and one I would like to see come to fruition, even not being a huge fan of ME

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
I wouldn't mind a Mordin (*sniffle*) or Kal'Reeger, but if Bioware is selling these then they will likely be at least as expensive as the N7 ones. Which is WAY to much for me to justify ANOTHER hoodie.

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
The moment I saw the title I knew which fan-designed hoodies it meant, I am pleased :D

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Oh I SO want a Garrus hoodie! But I doubt I'll get one. Can't afford one cause they're just too damn expensive and when you consider how much a N7 hoodie costs with it's minimalist design and then look at the designs in that picture...yeah those things are going to cost even more.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I would love to buy one of each hoodie. If I had to get just one it would pry have to be the Legion one. The Garrus one looks cool too.

oldirtymongrrel

May 16, 2012
Full Paragon if pictured calibrating something, full Renegade if pictured cleaning the streets, or helping someone in need and/or upholding the law.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I want the garrus hoodie just because I regularly have to pull apart fights as it is. Would be better if I could do it in that hoodie.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
I'm not exactly blown away by the designs, but as the artist herself said, she is no expert on clothes as was just throwing concepts together, which I can whole-heartedly applaud. As for the finished product; I doubt I'd buy one. Just because I can almost guarantee they'll be far more expensive than they're worth and the sizing will be completely off so none of them will fit my bizarre frame (a serious issue since these probably won't be available in physical stores to try on before I buy).

It is good that a games company is finally realising that awesome merchandise is one of the best ways to make money from a loyal fanbase, shame about the irony of that company being Bioware...