BioWare Uses Stock Photo for Tali in Mass Effect 3

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
BioWare Uses Stock Photo for Tali in Mass Effect 3

Dec 14, 2009
A shit storm is a coming.

Okay people, come with me if you want to live, I have a bunker.

Honestly? This doesn't really bother me. It isn't going to lessen my experience of the game and I quite like the picture. What does it matter whether it's made from scratch or not?

Well, unless you're a Talimancer of course, but then you've got more things to worry about.

Feb 13, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Statements like the above make it hard to understand exactly why people are upset.
Perhaps that Matthew Leete and the model are getting a maximum payment of £325 from a franchise that sells 2 million copies. You'd expect Chobot and Yvonne Strahovski are getting slightly more.

(Actually chaps, can anyone check if Matthew Leete's name appears in the credits of ME3? I'm betting it doesn't)

The really funny thing is that, if true, it makes Tali an Essex Girl.
(Check the photo tags)

One wonders if she's had a vajazzle.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
"Bioware uses stock photo for ME3" would have been just as effective a title without the spoilers.

Apr 28, 2008
Thread is already kind of spoiler-y, but I'll ask my question in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Tali kills herself? Why? Someone want to fill me in? I'm not going to be buying this game for a while, and obviously don't give a damn about spoilers since I'm already here, so why did she do it?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Even without reading the article there's a pretty big spoiler in the title.
Well done there escapist.

Apr 28, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]"Bioware uses stock photo for ME3" would have been just as effective a title without the spoilers.
That, and put up a spoiler warning in the title. Because otherwise people would click it, see the Tali pick for the news story, and connect the dots.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Irridium said:
Thread is already kind of spoiler-y, but I'll ask my question in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Tali kills herself? Why? Someone want to fill me in? I'm not going to be buying this game for a while, and obviously don't give a damn about spoilers since I'm already here, so why did she do it?
After killing the Reaper that was controlling the Geth, Legion suggests uploading the Reaper tech into the Geth so that they can upgrade themselves. They're willing to stop fighting if the Quarians stop.

If you don't do things properly, the Quarians refuse to back down, and the Flotilla is annihilated by the Geth fleet. Watching everyone die, Tali takes off her mask to expose herself to infection, then throws herself off a cliff.

Apr 28, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Irridium said:

After killing the Reaper that was controlling the Geth, Legion suggests uploading the Reaper tech into the Geth so that they can upgrade themselves. They're willing to stop fighting if the Quarians stop.

If you don't do things properly, the Quarians refuse to back down, and the Flotilla is annihilated by the Geth fleet. Watching everyone die, Tali takes off her mask to expose herself to infection, then throws herself off a cliff.
I see...

So, if you do do things properly, does she still live and everyone is happy?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Irridium said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Irridium said:

I see...

If you don't side with the Geth, then the Geth die and the Quarians live. She is sort of happy then. She feels quite bad about how they basically had to murder a friend as she kills legion if you try to stop him since he attacks you.

I BELIEVE there maybe a way to save both the Quarians and the Geth but for some reason, the extra options were blocked. Which made no sense since I had been paragon a lot and it never greyed out in the same so far...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Irridium said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Irridium said:

I see...

Sorta. Legion will always "die" (in this case uploading his consciousness into the Collective}, but both sides can be brought to peace. The Flotilla stops fighting, Legion upgrades the Geth, Tali lives, and both come to terms with each other.

I'm going by the script leak, but you could probably find a youtube link.
Here's one. It shows the bad ending, but the description also talks about how to make peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0DWB9IzK0

Sep 14, 2009
Korten12 said:
Irridium said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Irridium said:

I see...

If you don't side with the Geth, then the Geth die and the Quarians live. She is sort of happy then. She feels quite bad about how they basically had to murder a friend as she kills legion if you try to stop him since he attacks you.

I BELIEVE there maybe a way to save both the Quarians and the Geth but for some reason, the extra options were blocked. Which made no sense since I had been paragon a lot and it never greyed out in the same so far...
this seems to be the only problem i have with mass effect 3, after the past 2 games were about triumph over the impossible and bringing everyone together, it seems like mass effect 3 took the ballsy route of destroying all that effort you put into the first two games (this is including the endings for ME3)...otherwise the game is shaping up to something i like.

OT: meh it doesn't bug me in the slightest, i think only talimancers will be truly disappointed with it.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
so she does not look like Dr Zoidberg, big freaking deal!

I think far to many fans WANT to be dissapointed by Mass Effect 3, and so are looking for anything to do it. what I want to know is why is Tali wearing a Kashmir sweater?

Feb 13, 2008
As Frehls [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.353336.14019438] puts it though, there has been a lot of stock photo-raiding...

Half is a Desktop called Winter on Mars, I think...the other is the original inspirational ending...

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
There are a lot of 'borrowed' images in ME3. That's going to happen when you outsource your art.

Rassmusseum

Oct 11, 2010
Well, I read this article and got to the minor spoilers part thinking, "well, I can handle minor spoilers, it's not a big deal." After reading that paragraph, I thought, "oh, it's just gonna be a photo of Tali, and I'll see that anyway pretty soon, so what the hell."

And then I read the text above the photo on the right. Really Greg? Really? Did you HAVE to include that text? I realize it's ultimately my own fault for looking since it was CLEARLY marked as spoilers, but despite that, I can't help being a little pissed off right now.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I'm not going to get enraged about this, but it all comes off as somewhat suspicious. I just can't tell if it was intentionally done or laziness.

Edit: Before anyone decides to reply to my post, I've already explained in a later post that I have never had Cable/satellite in my life. So I don't watch television that isn't watchable on the rabbit ears.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
What do you mean about Samus? *googles*

What? Samus is a GIRL? WHYYYYYY?

I think part of the problem here is in the context. In a world of all sorts of fantastic creatures, they likely expect something a little more than photoshopped eyes and veins. That is, as the French would say, le fucking lazy. And it really does look kind of cheap, the sort of job you'd see done by a bored kid in the internet, not by a professional studio which is known for AAA games.

Plus, within the context, this is an alien who couldn't survive without her suit, posed in a pretty open setting. I mean, I don't really care about the series that much anymore, but it's not hard to see why people might think this is another case of Bioware screwing up their own canon. What, do Quarians get a day off once in their life so they can conveniently pose for stock photos?

The_root_of_all_evil said:
One wonders if she's had a vajazzle.
Ew.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
Waaghpowa said:
I'm not going to get enraged about this, but it all comes off as somewhat suspicious. I just can't tell if it was intentionally done or laziness.

It's meant to tie the two together. It's intentional.