BioWare Wants Fan Input on Sexy Anime-Style Mass Effect Statue

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
ultimateownage said:
vrbtny said:
Bioware fans hating a character being sexed up and generally being altered without their knowledge or fan-girlish approval.

Surely you Jest!
I was pretty surprised Bioware fans objected to the boobs. That community is full of perverts.

O.T. They might as well have cut to the chase and made a statue of a massive pair of alien boobs.
Hey! Just because the Nude Patches for their games is always on the top10 downloaded mods you dont have to judge them as the majority. Im sure a lot of Bioware folks dont even download mods in the first place. Second, Bethesda's games are aswell. and Shooters with female characters... I think Gamers in general tend to have a pretty large ammount of perverted folks. Just saying.

GoGrapefruit

Apr 25, 2011
...Bewbs

I mean how retarded are they? If you change a popular character you can guess how people will react.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Deflate the tits, get rid of the panty shot and for the love of potato, fix that blow-up doll expression. Then you'll have yourself a cool statue.

I'm almost impressed at how totally useless she looks. It takes talent to make someone seem that nonthreatening when they're holding a gun.
Absolutely agree. Well said, sir!

This style does not work for Liara at all.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Meh. This has no effect on the games themselves, and that's all I care about. So they can make figurines for xenophiliac pedophiles all they want, and I'll have forgotten about this before the day is done.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
Here was my comment:

I don't know about anyone else, but I expect a seinen anime or at least a mature shoen anime. Also, I am well aware that manga drawings don't translate well in 3D, so I'll forgive the face.
With that said, only use the bishoujo trope if you do it in a mature mannor and stick to her character. I trust you on this. Also, just to nitpick, make her boobs into a B cup to get people to stop complaining.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
This is wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start...... *sigh*

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
[ShaleVoice]Is that what inbred Asari look like?

It seems to have a deformed spine.
It's 'breasts' seem to host a variety of tumours.
It's facial expression points to mental retardation.
It's pose suggests utter incompetence.[/ShaleVoice]

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
It's just that weird pose.

That and I don't remember Liara being a hooker...

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
I wonder which member of the design process managed to swing in "Moar Tits!" as a sensible alteration. It also doesn't look anything like the character that it's supposed to, barring the gun and coat.

Blech.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
I think this superior to the Dragon Age figures I've seen at my local comic book store. The costumes were accurate, but the figures looked awful. The characters had more identifiable features than the Asari characters in ME, but the differences in appearance in the Asari are almost entirely based on COLOR! Until I see it colored, I won't pass judgement.

Really the design looks just like the Marvel and DC characters that are getting made into Japanese figures, which I believe is also being done by Kotobukiya.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Beryl77 said:
I don't really like it that much. It just looks nothing like Liara, both the face and the breasts are completely different, the only thing that they have in common is the race.
What? Theres a face on that model? Surely you jest!

Dear God that is not how I visioned my Mass effect Universe :( It was never about sex it was about the different races coexisting and the universe and the characters. Bioware you make me sad

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Damn it ladies, people with bigger boobs than you are people too. In particular, they're more attractive people than you. That's okay.

This is showing what Liara might have been like if Bioware was trying to make us imagine less clearly that there's probably not a vagina in there.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
And what was wrong with just making statues of the character the way she really looks?

I can't even get around the idea that Bioware wanted this made...

It makes no sense...

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Nikolaz72 said:
ultimateownage said:
vrbtny said:
Bioware fans hating a character being sexed up and generally being altered without their knowledge or fan-girlish approval.

Surely you Jest!
I was pretty surprised Bioware fans objected to the boobs. That community is full of perverts.

O.T. They might as well have cut to the chase and made a statue of a massive pair of alien boobs.
Hey! Just because the Nude Patches for their games is always on the top10 downloaded mods you dont have to judge them as the majority. Im sure a lot of Bioware folks dont even download mods in the first place. Second, Bethesda's games are aswell. and Shooters with female characters... I think Gamers in general tend to have a pretty large ammount of perverted folks. Just saying.
Even then, the forums are full of threads about wanting to fuck characters. Even some mods there got in on it once.
Sure, a lot of gamers and game communities are perverted but the pervert population in the Bioware fan community is the most prevalent I've seen.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
This will be an item in Mass Effect 3: Weeaboo Hooker Edition.

Bloody Japanese and their obsession with huge tits.

(Not that all Japanese are obesessed mind you, but it is very apparent in anime.)
Isn't that an Okami avatar? You are the ladt person who should be using words like weeaboo.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
For a Kotobukiya statue it's actually downright subdued. At least she's wear her regular outfit and not the stripper costume.

Dec 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This will be an item in Mass Effect 3: Weeaboo Hooker Edition.

Bloody Japanese and their obsession with huge tits.

(Not that all Japanese are obesessed mind you, but it is very apparent in anime.)
Isn't that an Okami avatar? You are the ladt person who should be using words like weeaboo.
I'm a fan of Japanese mythology and folk-lore. Okami is based extensively on these things.

I'm also a fan of God of War, based around Greek mythology, and Assassin's Creed which is set in a myriad of locations, including Jerusalem during the Crusades and Italy during the renaissance.

Don't presume to know me based on an avatar.