BioWare Working "Around the Clock" on Return to Ostagar

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
I found Return to Ostagar on usenet. I was/am going to buy it cause I want to support Bioware and this awesome game, but they just don't want to give it to me. My video card died (unrelated to any possible RtO bugs) while playing it, and I didn't finish it, but it does work. I don't understand these issues they are working around the clock on. You'd figure that if it leaked, they would just release it to help turn piracy into sales.

/shrug

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Maybe if instead of having multiple overpriced short DLC, if they just took their time on one HUGE reasonably priced DLC, stuff like this wouldn't happen... Yes, I know that doesn't make sense but if only they can be convinced of it!

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
squid5580 said:
It is a shame they don't charge for fixing issues that should have never made it past testing in the retail game. Then maybe they would be working "around the clock" to fix them first. Ahh but who needs bows to do actual damage?
You mean you didn't like the part where dexterity didn't affect the damage of anything either?

I know there was a fix for that on PC, but I no longer recall if the community provided it or if it came from Bioware. In either case, the fix is only a few k and was produced by the time I finished my first playthrough.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Eclectic Dreck said:
squid5580 said:
It is a shame they don't charge for fixing issues that should have never made it past testing in the retail game. Then maybe they would be working "around the clock" to fix them first. Ahh but who needs bows to do actual damage?
You mean you didn't like the part where dexterity didn't affect the damage of anything either?

I know there was a fix for that on PC, but I no longer recall if the community provided it or if it came from Bioware. In either case, the fix is only a few k and was produced by the time I finished my first playthrough.
Oh yeah having Liena (I can never spell her name right) doing 26 points of damage with the best bow in the game at level 20 was awesome. Sure made me get my money's worth. Took hours to beat anything down with her nerf gun.

I unfortunately bought the 360 version. The red headed stepchild of this release. We got one patch so far and well you probably know what that did. I know the PC is up to 1.02.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Xanthious said:
They sure are taking a long time for what I've heard is about an hour worth of content. Keep on milking that DLC cash cow EA !
And it took them nothing to make it. It reuses the same scenery with a bit of snow. Has 1 new enemy (not type, enemy) that actually looks different (there are a few with different names but still the same). And just to save time they reused the same cutscenes from the retail game. And the armor that you are buying is practically worthless. It doesn't even look as good as it does in the game (never mind the stats stink).

And no I didn't pirate it I got the advanced 360 version.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
GamesB2 said:
I downloaded the update and return to Ostagar and completed it in an hour. I haven't had any problems but I don't want to corrupt any data so I'm leaving Dragon Age until the update comes out to fix whatever's broken.
Any good?

Jul 22, 2009
hypothetical fact said:
GamesB2 said:
I downloaded the update and return to Ostagar and completed it in an hour. I haven't had any problems but I don't want to corrupt any data so I'm leaving Dragon Age until the update comes out to fix whatever's broken.
Any good?
Yeah it's alright. Not much story too it but its decent for a bit more exp and some decent armor and weapons. For 400msp i thought it was worth it.

Jul 22, 2009
thenamelessloser said:
Maybe if instead of having multiple overpriced short DLC, if they just took their time on one HUGE reasonably priced DLC, stuff like this wouldn't happen... Yes, I know that doesn't make sense but if only they can be convinced of it!
"Dragon Age : Awakening"