Black Cloud: [dead thread]

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
As the last member of the team entered grash smiled, "It seems we are all here, so we may begin," he said to the group.

Grash took a few steps away from the group then turned back to them and in a solum tone said
"After we left Amistad, I had no wish to return and I expect most of you felt the same, but it seems that the virus he infected TF-038 with also infected one of the smaller computers in the pod, when we returned to Aetheros it spread to the cities networks, although we have managed to remove it now, while here it managed to wrench the cities coordinates from our databases and send them back to Amistad, now that infernal machine is on the war path, it plans to destroy the city and is on it's way now, we have also had reports from our intelligence agents that Amistad has been gathering and producing a large amount of antigrav technology, so it will either shoot us out of the sky or attempt to launch itself up to us. Now..... we are tasked with destroying Amistad, this time..... we are prepared, this time we are attacking it, and this time.... we've got everything we need to succeed, if any of you have questions then go ahead, otherwise we will head off to the armory, I have been granted permission to equip you all with whatever the empire has to offer."

Grash then stood still and folded his arms, awaiting any questions from the team.

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
"I don't think anyone has questions... but I think I'll just be keeping my weapon instead of untrustworthy Imperial weapons." Jason said, standing up from his chair and walking over to Grash.

"If you want bait while you finish off that bastard of a machine, I'm your man." Jason said with a gleam in his eye.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"don't worry jason, I already have the perfect plan for this mission, and don't be too hasty in your descisions, the technology in your gauntlet is still based on imperial tech..... and I've also been granted access to some.... exotic gear, everyone please follow me to the armory so we can get all the weaponry and gadgets we need," Grash turned back to the door and walked through it, the group followed swiftly.

The group went down the hallway and halted at a large metal door similar to the one from the room they had just left, grash placed both his hands on a scanner, then pushed in a 12 digit code on a panel next to the door, the door beeped twice then swung inwards. Grash walked in and switched on the lights, the large lights above flickered on to reveal an overwhelming hoard of weaponry, they walked forwards and gestured for the group to go take their pick, then stopped the three mechs in place and told them "If you want any upgrades our top engineers would be happy to give you anything you need, from guns to scanners to shielding they have it all," he gestured to a pair of hroge technicians who were standing to one side of the room next to a complicated array of machines for modifying mechs.

Meta_Trooper

Mar 6, 2010
"with your knack for survival you'd barely distract him for a moment... i'm an old machine grash, would they really have something compatible with my systems?" TF-038 hadn't spoken at all until now, he was much different after the repairs, at the moment he was totally weaponless, the right katar and gun had been removed and his entire outer shell had been replaced with a similar but less bulky one, some inner systems were replaced while others had just been left out and the mech fiber underlay that provided shock absorbtion had been repaired, the main difference that anyone could notice however, was his voice, TF's voice now sounded like that of a human male, the robot like sound wasn't there.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Don't worry yourself, we can fit you with whatever you need, this new tech is designed to be malleable to match the constant change in models and the huge variety of mechs, you need new weaponry, for this mission i suggest you go for something stealthy, you are already lighter, but you need to be hidden from Amistads sight, and they could do wonders for your anti-viral equipment," Grash said with a friendly smile.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
"Great news D, you're gonna be handling some new equipment."
"Wonderful sir, I cannot wait."
CJ followed Grash into the room.
"I do have one question though. Why cant we just carpet bomb or nuke the hell out of Amistad? I mean its pretty clear that he isnt friendly."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
As Grash examined a large plasma rifle he turned to CJ and said "don't you think we haven't tried that already? Every plane we send, every missile we fire, Amistad shoots it down before it gets close, this is our last resort, which is why we're being given so much equipment."

Grash stopped sorting through the weapons and came to a stop in the middle of the room with his chosen gear, he still had his combat knife, and he had upgraded his original revolver for a larger one which carried explosive rounds, and he had swapped out his sniper for a .55cal repeater rifle, it was one of the strongest single barrel guns there. Grash had also given himself some motion tracker gear and a lightweight body armour, he then said generally "only one more bit of gear and I'm done"

Meta_Trooper

Mar 6, 2010
TF walked over to the technicians and asked for a list which was provided on a computer screen, he started to flick through and select different equipment from it and showed the one of the techs the list before moving on to the machines which started to remove the plating of his mid section and left arm to fit various internal systems to support his selection while one of the techs brought the components along with other things, on top of the components for a shield and cloaking sytem and a arm mounted plasma beam emitter TF had requested an ASA 975 anti tank sniper rifle, a plated ammunition belt for the rifle and a plasma blade, finally after the machine finished with the internal systems it cut and fitted several thick, dark armour plates onto TF's main body for extra protection should the shields be breached.

TF stood away from the machine and picked up the other items, the sniper rifle was a compact type which he put on his back, it clicked in place as several small clamps extended out and grabbed the rifle, and he put the blade on the belt after filling it with a large number of clips for the rifle and putting it on, once done he turned to grash and activated his cloaking device which made him completely invisible except for a minute outline distortion. "how do i look? techs did a good job as far as i can tell."

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Samaji wandered around the armoury with disinterest, feeling that he couldn't improve on what he already used. He maintained that feeling until he came upon a device that seemed to have a cloaking capability. He activated the device, seeing how far it's cloaking power extended.

He had expected it to perhaps have the ability to alter the light and make him appear distorted or blurry. What he hadn't expected was him suddenly becoming almost invisible, with slight light ray alteration being the only evidence that he was there.

"Wow...I think I'll take this." He said as he deactivated the device, fastening it to his belt.

He walked around more until he came to Grash. Leaping onto one of the shelves so he could whisper into the Kraxex's ear he simply asked "So. What are the chances of us getting out of this alive?"

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash turns to the Hroge next to him and whispers back "Depends, I plan to stay undetected for this mission, we should get out if we play this right, I will explain the plans once everyone is ready,"

Grash then walked over to a far shelf and smiled broadly as he spotted the final piece of gear he had wanted, "Beautiful, simply amazing" he said softly as he picked up a small disc shaped object, it was about 20cm in diameter and had a small red circle in the middle, attached to the side of the device were three smaller removable discs which looked similar, "You guys will love this thing once we're down there."

Almost everyone seemed to have finished picking their weaponry so Grash stepped back and began to service his equipment as the last few finished up.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
CJ looked around the armory and couldnt find anything that really suited his taste except for a small PDA-like device.
"Hey D look at this. With a few modifications it can be just like a PET [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Terminal_(MegaMan)]."
"Are you sure that is the best idea sir? You still need my assistance to use the suit fully."
"Yeah I know but wouldnt it be nice if you got outside of the suit more often. I sure you would like a change of scenery."
"Whatever you say sir."
CJ hooked up the PET to his suit and transferred D.
"Well what do you think?"
"It definitely is different sir, but needs some internal remodeling. I can fix that in a few minutes."
"Glad to hear it."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash then turned back to TF and said "You look deadly," with a grin, Grash then turned to Samaji once again "Where did you get those claws?" he asked.

As he talked Grash put the Discs into a Hardcase on his thigh, locking it securely.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Samaji leapt down from the shelves, landing with barely a sound. "I made them myself. Never really needed nor had the space to carry swords or the like with what I used to do on the homeworld. So I had to make something that was easily transportable and deadly. A few weeks on the drawing board and these are the result."

He looked up at Grash. "I'd be more than happy to sell the blueprints to the army for a sum you know..." He trailed off, winking at Grash with one eye.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash looked down at samaji and smirked "Very clever samaji, I hope you make thousands, you could buy yourself a mansion on the central ring with that money,"

Grash then looked over the room, everyone seemed done with their weaponry more or less, "before we go, I have some things for the mechanised persons in our team," he said while reaching into the hardcase and removing the three smaller discs and handing them to the three mechs "These will protect you from the larger disc, It's a special weapon to fight Amistad, and I don't want you to be effected."

Aug 12, 2009
Warden looked through the upgrades,selecting them carefully,then sitting down to open up his chest cavity for the first two,one was a mini nuke device he could detonate with a special command word,and one he'd give to Grash and Mira in case of emergency.A cloaking device that would cover him and one more person he was in contact with.There was a loud hissing noise as he removed the sniper rifle from his arm and replaced with a compact light laser gun (A million laser blasts per second).Finally,he welded the armour plating onto himself,it was made out of a material designed specially for warships,and was strong enough to withstand a railgun blast.He was suited,booted and ready to fight something that he had classed in his data banks as his god.Before he told Grash he was ready to go,he downloaded a program that would block out The Executioner and hopefully defend himself from Armistad's viruses.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Ok, we're all set then, lets move on this way, I can brief you, follow me," Grash said with a more serious tone. Grash walked back out of the doors, down the hallway and back into the original room, he stood infront of the back wall and tapped a small pad on the wall, next to the pad a screen appeared with some pictures of amistad and some vague blueprints of all known parts of it, although not all of its features were known.

The group gathered behind him, awaiting the briefing, he paced the width of the screen once then faced the group and said "Ok, our task is to destroy Amistad before it can attack Aetheros and kill us all. Amistad has a range of AA guns, not to mention the huge rail gun on the top so there's no way we'll be able to land on it or even land anywhere near it. We are going to use a Trojan horse-like plan, although this way, Amistad won't see the horse, we know it has been gathering anti-grav tech, so the empire has provided us with an old transport frigate, it is covered with anti-grav tech, it has been fitted with a near to indestructible arcanite core which we will stay in, no doubt Amistad will shoot it down and gathe the pieces, once it brings us onboard we will plant these bad boys," he gestured to a crate full of electronuclear bombs, "And run like hell, there will be a rescue team waiting to pick us up the moment the air is safe, any questions?"

Meta_Trooper

Mar 6, 2010
"while we're 'running like hell' what's to stop Armistad from detecting and disarming those bombs? or just turning them off, it seems like a simple plan, too simple for an AI, armistad may be old but not stupid." TF thought back to the first encounter with Armistad and how easily he mistook them all for humans, even the short hroge, he sighed and said, "okay, so he is stupid, there's still a possibility that he'd notice them as we escape, do we have cloaking field emitters for them or something?"

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
"Not only that, wouldnt he immediately detect the mechs when we start planting the bombs and then proceed to convert them like he did last time? D and I could handle maybe 2 minutes against an infection from Amistad but the AI is a bit powerful."
CJ thought to himself for moment.
"Unless we turn off any to all external communications that the mechs receive. If they dont have anything on to receive a signal then Amistad can infect them."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash smiled and reached into the hardcase "Thats where this comes in," he said takin out the disc, "this thing will give us all the time we need to escape, and will prevent him from disarming the bombs, Amistad will not detect us until it's too late,"

Grash smiled and then turned to CJ and said "Oh, and they will be safe from virus", the three smaller discs will prevent any harmful programs to get anywhere near them."

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
".. We don't have any NNEMPs? Unless that's the thing you're holding..?"

Mira looked up from where she'd been fussing on the side of her ribcage with the straps of some armor. It had been difficult to find anything in her small size that was light enough that she felt it was going to be of use. She'd also gotten a matching set of bracers and cuisse. Other than extra ammo, the only other thing she'd picked up was a cloaking device like the one Samaji had discovered.

"Short-range NNEMP would mean that one of the nonmech persons in our group could scout ahead of the rest and take out those heavies that almost wiped us out before the ships arrived."