Black Cloud-RP (rebooting) [Open/accepting sheets]

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The soldier man with he dog came over, attempting to converse but coming off brashly. "Rust bucket or a tin can man like you. Maybe I'm the only real human around here". Calia gave a wave off to Beth, ending the conversation before she had time to respond. The short rogue, as she liked to be noted as, cause it summed up what she did very well. Scampering over back up to the top of the bench to regain some height, she continued on. "Why remark on that I'm the only other human here. You trying to find some common ground between us cause you like me". Calia gave a laugh, turning to a toothy grin. "I like you tin man. Most can't take me constantly riving them with words. I really hope though that what I said wasn't the reason for trying to talk to me"?

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal laughed. "This is an expedition to the surface, not a dating service, right? Maybe it's both..." He winked and laughed again.

"You can call me tin can all you want, Shorty. Either way, I remark you're the only other human here because Angel here prefers humans. Also, I want to know who I can trust to watch my back."

Keal quickly realised that he probably shouldn't have said that, and quickly finished, "Along with everyone else..."

Keal shook his head slightly, wishing his helmet could hide his face. He didn't mean to be racist, in fact he tried not to, but sometimes it just comes out the wrong way. He sat down on the bench Shorty was jumping on and pulled out his weapons, checking them.

His assault rifle was in perfect condition, as always. He test fired the gun, shooting a wall on the far side. The hole appeared right where he aimed and Keal smiled. He clicked his rotating blasters out, checking they were loaded and firing a small burst at the same wall. The holes appeared, but his aim was all over the place. "Stupid things are only good for close range."

He spun them without firing then swung them up to point at the short red head. They screamed as the barrels spun in and out. He laughed and then swore, "Shit!" His display was showing the gauntlet was overheated, but he didn't need a display for that. His hand was roasting. "Ow damnit!" He smashed the gauntlet against the seat then tore it off.

He looked up sheepishly at the short girl and said, "Now that my entirely safe weapon has nicely cooked my hand, what kind of weapons are you decked out with? And come to think of it, how the hell would you last a minute in a fight?"

Note on my blasters. They are built into the gauntlet and the barrels rotate in and out, loading as they go in and firing as they come out. It makes a VERY loud screaming noise and overheats pretty quickly. It is only useful at short ranges and burns up ammo very quick. Despite this quad-negative, they firing incredibly quickly, and can shred most targets in seconds.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
BETH raised an artificial eyebrow, silently wondering to herself why people enjoyed circling her like that.

"I do not recall meeting you, and my memory is flawless, so I would remember. The odds of meeting any one Nandroid is well into the millions. There are only three of us, and we have been very busy."

BETH turned her attention to Kael, saying politely, "I am not a 'rust bucket', I am a complex, sophisticated model made almost entirely of nanomachines, each of which is estimated to be worth more than your largest weapon, designed to enforce the law and maintain peace."

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
"If anyone else drops out of the sky today I swear I'm gutting them." Kabreeg muttered under his breath. At least they were keeping themselves amused and hadn't tried talking to him yet. He didn't want some pathetic human or portable armory wannabe trying to buddy up with him.
The dog owner suddenly started smashing his hand into things and tore his gauntlet off. Kabreeg sniggered.
"I don't see why everyone needs to overcomplicate the very simple." He tapped his heavy machine gun, still slung over his shoulder "This thing preforms the same as purpose as your fancy wrist cannons and doesn't fry my hand of anywhere near as often."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
He then gestured for everyone to sit, and then after taking three heavy strides across the courtyard he began to brief them.

"Ok, the reason I have called you all here today is of the utmost importance, many of our ships have been shot down recently by unknown forces of unknown origins on the surface, at the moment we suspect that the indigenous Kraxex tribes below have stumbled onto a piece of weaponry which they are using to destroy them, many lives have been lost, our mission is do go down into the smog and retrieve this weaponry, and hopefully kill the murderous dogs responsible, one of the ships is seem was not completely destroyed, we're picking up a signal from a downed distress beacon, the coordinates for the beacon are about 20 miles due south, we will be taking pods to the surface to the nearest safe landing zone, which is about 3-4 miles from the beacon," if you would kindly follow me we will head to the dock," he said to the whole group as he picked up his equipment.

"All who need breathing equipment say so, the surface is toxic to non Kraxex, beth I'm guessing I can count you out." He said as the group began to ready themselves.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
"A breathing apperatus is unnecessary. Any perceived breathing is simply a subroutine to make me appear more human, and thus approachable."

BETH simply adjusted a large, rectangular... something on her back, hooked there seemingly with nothing. It looks like a big irregular box wrapped in cloth.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal slipped the helmet over his head and everything went black for a moment, then lit up when his display shot on. This helmet clipped down onto his armour, with a filter just below a straight strip of dark, protected glass he could see out of. He quickly flicked through his systems, checking everything. The gauntlet had just cooled down to operational levels, so he locked it in.

He walked up and said to Grash, "No safe places huh? We dropping right in?" Keal didn't mind that, but that meant Angel had to stay. "Alright, Angel, you go home. Go home. Home!" Angel whimpered, but after Keal sat down and gave her a pat she scampered off. "Well, that's dealt with. So, who's ready?"

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Kabreeg checked he had his equipment: sword, machinegun, pistol, ammo, recharger unit...yep, he was all set.
This news that his own kind were responsible was not unexpected, but still...they were his flesh and blood, in a way. Kabreeg felt uneasy about the prospect of killing those just like himself: oppressed, ex-slaves just trying to be heard.
He shook himself. Weakness. Such thoughts shouldn't enter his mind. The clan leader had given his orders and he would obey. If other Kraxex were the enemies, so be it, they'd do the same as him in his position, as he would in theirs. there was nothing to forgive or feel guilty about. As long as he didn't think about it too hard that is, but he'd become used to that.
"Ready, willing and able sir." He stated calmly

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash grabbed his grenade belt from a table as they walked out in single file through the narrow entrance, no light at the end of this tunnel, reaching the end Grash slammed a fist into a faintly glowing pad on the wall, with a stoney woosh the wall in front of them slid apart, opening up onto the third-ring market district.

Walking through the clammer of the market Grash smiled to himself as people of all sizes gasped and moved out of their way, the two hulking Kraxex walking at the lead, the sun at their backs, the rays glinting off the metal plating of the androids and Keal. They slowly made their way out of the fleshy congestion, the paths getting narrower, less people, more dirt. After a few minutes they turned round one sharp corner out onto a platform overlooking the massive dock below, contrastingly clean and sturdy compared to the streets above, floating cylindrical tanker ships returning with shipments, solar-kiters docking to return full batteries. The dock was huge, several thick steel piers jutting out into the air with space in between of varying sizes, some large enough to contain a destroyer.

Standing in awe, more a sense of intrigue for the robots Grash gestured for them to continue, down the stairs they went and over to the furthest right pier which was cleared of all traffic, for them of course. Reaching the end a set of military pods were placed along either side.

"In your pods people, these are your rides, just hit the two buttons, one to close and lock, one to go, the coordinates have been punched in already." Grash said loudly to the group behind him as he neared his own pod.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
BETH walked calmly along behind Grash, seemingly paying little mind to the people as she strided by. In reality, she was scanning every inch of every face she could. Just in case there was a convict hiding among them.

Finding none, when they arrived at the dock, she scanned that, too, and made a "mental" note of its location by marking it down on a built-in GPS system.

The white android removed her large rectangle from her back and set it into the pod, then climbed in herself and locked the door. "Awaiting signal."

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Calia trotted along with the group. Usually she hated being in the market, constantly being shoved around because people didn't notice her. It was nice to be in a group, for these situations.

Grash led them to the docks, they were very grand in scale being one of the few truly open areas. Calia put on her mask and pulled a hood over that would bond onto her under suit. It seemed a rather flimsy defense against the acidic environment below but her gear was highly advanced and very resilient to the environment down there. She'd last a long while before her gear failed. The real threat was the baddies down there. Her shield was the only line of defense, plus a few pieces of armor, between living and a bullet or something to the face.

Calia stepped in her pod, taking a deep breath before sealing the door. "Ready to drop".

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal walked along through the market place, glad of his armour. Normally when he walked through here, he would be in his normal clothing and would have to squeeze through, but in his bulky armour the path cleared for him. When he walked into the hanger, Keal stood in awe of the huge hanger. He decided that he might as well have some fun, and gunned his jet pack.

It was linked directly to the suits display, so he could control it without the handles and buttons of regular jet packs. He hovered just over the top of the group and the jet pack roared as it pushed the bulk of him and his armour up. He spun around a bit and then swooped back down to follow the group, jet pack flaring.

He switched it off as they came to some pods, and he walked up to one. He had to fold back some armour and slip his assault rifle in the side, but soon he was locked in. He hit the button and the pod slipped down and closed. He keyed his in built radio, "Ready to jump into hell, Grash."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Theran watched it all in silence, as his systems made the necessary changes for hostile environment work. The walk through the markets drew little attention from the scientist, he had no need of whatever the vendors where selling, thus they were unimportant. The dock on the other hand did interest him...he had a remote mini-lab built there, and it housed his latest experiment.

Walking a dozen paces away from where the pods where docked, he stopped, crouched down and removed a large floor panel. Under the panel was a large, bullet-nosed, cylinder sitting on magnetic guide rails that pointed out into the sky. Opening a hatch on the cylinder, Theran used some of his manipulators to make final adjustments to the device in side, before closing the hatch, and replacing the floor panel. He then returned to where Grash was standing. "[small]PLEASE DELAY LAUNCH FOR A MOMENT GRASH.[/small]"

Seconds later there was a thunderous bang, as the cylinder was fired horizontally at nearly seven times the speed of sound. Theran stood stock still facing in the direction of the launch for a minute, before there was a bright glow on the horizon followed eventually by a shockwave that made the whole city rumble. "[small]THAT WAS...UNFORTUNATE. I AM NOW READY TO PROCEDE.[/small]" He said, climbing into a waiting pod.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal was sitting back waiting when the pod shook and a huge shock wave and bang shook him around. He squeezed back into place and keyed his radio again, "What the hell was that? Are we under attack? Answer me Grash!"

He punched the close pod button and this time his pod slip open. He looked around, "What the hell?" He saw the Hroge cyborg climbing into his pod. "Oi, Clanker! Do you know what the hell was that?!"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"[small]THE SHOCKWAVE YOU FELT WAS THE AFTEREFFECT OF AN EXPERIMENT FAILURE.[/small]" Theran replied as he checked the pod over. "[small]I WAS ATTEMPTING TO CREATE A ZERO POINT ENERGY DEVICE, FOR USE AS A POWER SUPPLY. AS A SAFTEY MEASURE I INSTALLED THE PROTOTYPE IN A CAPSULE, AND LAUNCHED IT AT SEVEN TIMES THE SPEED OF SOUND. UNFORTUNATLY THE DEVICE SUFFERED A CATASTROPHIC CASCADE FAILURE UPON ACTIVATION, CAUSING A ZERO POINT ENERGY DETONATION 8 567.4 KILOMETERS AWAY FROM OUR CURRENT LOCATION. THERE WAS NEVER ANY DANGER TO YOURSELF OR THE CITY.[/small]"

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Keal climbed back into his pod, "Friggin' crazy robots..." He got back in, looked around to make sure the cyborg wasn't blowing anything else up and then hit the close pod button. It locked in and once Keal did a check of all his weapons, keyed his radio for the third time.

"Ready to jump into hell, again, Grash."

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Just a heads up, guys; the more crazy super-tech you invoke, the harder your life is going to get.

So far, I've spotted a couple of useful technologies. Please, continue...

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
ThreeWords said:
Just a heads up, guys; the more crazy super-tech you invoke, the harder your life is going to get.

So far, I've spotted a couple of useful technologies. Please, continue...
Keal pulls out a cyborg robotic mechanical mini stick man driving a tank and presses a button which fires a bullet the size of Earth itself and then puts on a shield stronger than anything in the universe.

Sorry, what were you saying?

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Kabreeg grumbled to himself as he clambered into the pod. It was almost like the damned machine was showing off!
"If you've quite finished toying with powers that could atomise this entire city, perhapse we could get on with the mission?"
The Kraxex placed his main gun on the seat beside him and strapped himself into the pod. He hated these claustraphobic drops. Kabreeg drew his sword and started spinning the handle around in his hands, taking care not to press the "Extend" switch, it would be awkward if he skewerd the pod before it had even launched.
He pressed the close button and waited for conformation to begin the drop.

Aug 12, 2009
William Looked at the pod and sighed. The entrance to it was slightly too thin to enter on his hover tripod. He folded them inwards, then pushed them up inside himself. The Hover function disabled, causing him to clank to the floor. He crawled into his pod and made himself comfortable.
Code:
"Ready for Launch Sir"