Black man Wearing apparel of possible political messaging with no known connection to his actions as of yet, kills 3 human beings

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
This is why I found this line of thinking baffling, is how easy it becomes to see Trump and his supporters as, gee, I don't know, murderous psychopaths and thugs. But frankly, I'm done with this partisan as hell nonsense.
Blame the people who push this partisan nonsense. Seems like everyone is just playing by the same rulebook.
"He wore a MAGA hat! He's a white supremacist! This was a hate crime!"
"He wore a BLM shirt! He's a black supremacist! This was a hate crime!"

If you don't speak up when it happens to them, your objections when it happens to you ring hollow. Should I quote Niemöller?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Blame the people who push this partisan nonsense. Seems like everyone is just playing by the same rulebook.
"People keep shitting in my house, I know! I'll shit in my house too! That'll show 'em!"

Also, are you really going to complain about me not white-knighting in on my horsey* to save you with my stunningly intellectually placed F-bombs, then I don't know what to tell ya.

*unrelated, but is Richard Pryor is funny as fuck

EDIT: I'll let you in on a little secret: up until recently (well, a little less than a decade ago but it doesn't feel that long ago. Time sure does fly when you're stuck in a series of low paying, dead end jobs) I was quite firmly in the conservative camp, and still am in several ways, but even as a "tired" teenager I could see that the Republican party was taking on a "rules for thee but not for me" mindset around the Obama years and they've only gotten worse.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Also, I feel a bit miffed that my efforts, for the most part to remain neutral in my wording (in the Kenosha thread I only used the word homicide in relation the the deaths), and my demeanor neutral (again, for the most part), and my general distaste for this forum's tendency to dog pile people that my comments are someone less worthy because I don't like these shouting matches as much as others here. All I was saying is that the current thread title is incredibly rude right now.

EDIT: I mean, with a title like "Racist maniac guns down three people in restaurant", you could have had people coming in here thinking it was a white person shooting black people and then sprung your gotcha.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Bad. Don’t bring guns to protests. My stance hasn’t changed.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
EDIT: I mean, with a title like "Racist maniac guns down three people in restaurant", you could have had people coming in here thinking it was a white person shooting black people and then sprung your gotcha.
Was he racist? Probably, but it's not certain. Was he wearing a "Justice For Breonna Taylor" shirt? That's a proven fact.
Yes, it would have been a good 'gotcha', but I think that trying to intentionally stretch the truth and mislead people with speculation would be worse than stating facts, however uncomfortable those facts might make one feel. Facts aren't rude.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
intentionally stretch the truth
Okay, so insinuating that a black man killing three white people might be racist is stretching the truth too far, but insinuating that he killed them because "Justice for Breonna" (and all related BLM type things too) is actually code word for kill all whitey isn't?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
but insinuating that he killed them because "Justice for Breonna" (and all related BLM type things too) is actually code word for kill all whitey isn't?
I never insinuated that with the title. I think you're just projecting what you have in your heart.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I never insinuated that with the title.
BLACK MAN WEARING A "JUSTICE FOR BREONNA TAYLOR" SHIRT KILLS 3 WHITE PEOPLE

EDIT: Boy, they sure put the font at the top of the forum head big don't they (just copy and pasted it).

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
BLACK MAN WEARING A "JUSTICE FOR BREONNA TAYLOR" SHIRT KILLS 3 WHITE PEOPLE
Yes, that is what happened.
Any insinuation that is done between BLM-type things and "kill all whitey" is only happening inside your own head. Maybe because you think that's a logical connection to make? I dunno, it's your head.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Any insinuation that is done between BLM-type things and "kill all whitey" is only happening inside your own head. Maybe because you think that's a logical connection to make? I dunno, it's your head.
Well, I could go trawling for all your related thoughts about how BLM is actually a super racist organization but I have better things to do (like finish my beer).

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Well, I could go trawling for all your related thoughts about how BLM is actually a super racist organization but I have better things to do (like finish my beer).
Sure you could, but I thought we were just talking about this specific title?
Are you saying that I'm subtly planting thoughts in your head, months in advance, instilling a Pavlovian response in you, so that when I say "BLM" you think "kill whitey"? That's crazy talk.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
If there is no agenda with the part about the shirt then why add it? I'm certain that there is more relevant information that could be added to a title, but instead a conscious decision was made to include this particular tidbit.
How about some alternatives such as the town or state? Or perhaps the weapon used? Maybe whether or not the suspect was arrested or is still on the run?
A title sends a message and should, in journalism and debates, contain information that is relevant, so by including the part about the shirt you're implying that it has relevance.

Reactions: Kwak and bluegate

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Houseman becoming a fashionista, wanting to spread awareness for the fab wardrobes worn during crimes.

Looking forward to your "Man in white socks runs from police", "Woman in jeans arrested for burglary" or "Child with yellow shirt molested by man in green shirt" topics later on.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Houseman becoming a fashionista, wanting to spread awareness for the fab wardrobes worn during crimes.

Looking forward to your "Man in white socks runs from police", "Woman in jeans arrested for burglary" or "Child with yellow shirt molested by man in green shirt" topics later on.
It is important to know what articles of clothing can be associated with what crimes. It’s like that Monk knock off, Numbers, where a mathematician helps the cops.
Edit - now that I think about it, I watched a lot of Monk knockoffs.

Last edited:

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Sure you could, but I thought we were just talking about this specific title?
Are you saying that I'm subtly planting thoughts in your head, months in advance, instilling a Pavlovian response in you, so that when I say "BLM" you think "kill whitey"? That's crazy talk.
1600590705467.png

Reactions: CaitSeith

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Okay, as for "on-topic opinions", it's a tragedy that more people have died in another senseless shooting, however the thread title is terrible. Should have just gone with the "3 killed in restaurant shooting in Louisville", unless you are seriously suggesting the shirt had anything to do with it (we know nothing at this point outside that picture), because that would be silly. It would be like saying we need to ban metal music because a school shooter was wearing a Pantera shirt.
So we should just ignore the obvious?

I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. It's a bit of a testament to how tolerant the US really is as a society. Most other people with such easy access to guns would have lost their marbles and murdered a whole bunch of cops and people on the "other side" ages ago. But it happens so rarely and it's the lunatics that do it.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I never insinuated that with the title. I think you're just projecting what you have in your heart.
What did his pants say? Was he wearing nikes or addidas?

It's almost like "the facts" you're sharing are selected to provoke a reaction.

But sure, plead innocence or ignorance to your shit stirring. We all know you do it, and the mods seem to turn a blind eye to it 🤷‍♂️

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm actually surprised that this doesn't happen more often. It's a bit of a testament to how tolerant the US really is as a society. Most other people with such easy access to guns would have lost their marbles and murdered a whole bunch of cops and people on the "other side" ages ago. But it happens so rarely and it's the lunatics that do it.
Yeah, same, school shootings every week (when school's on) and the Westboro Baptist Church still exists. Weird.