Black March: Could You Pull It Off? Would you Want To?

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Is it worth it, or is it one of those things that makes someone go "That'd be awesome" then hop on iTunes?

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I just dont see it as being realistic. The media will never let this get the coverage it would need to work. Just a few hardcore internet users will see it...

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
If I were to preorder Mass Effect 3 now, would that be ok?
Either way, I'll do it. Not sure how many others would, or how much of an impact it would make, but I'll still do it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Of course I could pull it off but that doesn't mean I want to. Will it harm the people who did no wrong in this? If yes, that's a definite no.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Sure, I'll do it. Of course, I've probably done plenty of "Black Marches" without even realizing it, so I don't know if anyone will notice.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Veylon said:
Sure, I'll do it. Of course, I've probably done plenty of "Black Marches" without even realizing it, so I don't know if anyone will notice.
Kinda what I'm thinking, seeing as all I've bought, game wise, in the last year was some stuff for LOTRO, Borderlands GOTY when it was 7.50, and FO:NV.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Even if this gains steam I wouldn't support this. You know why? Because this isn't going to hurt executives and lobbyists, in any kind of financial loss its usually the workers who take the hit. It could result in programmers getting fired from their studios, artists being dropped by their labels, innovative screenplays being turned down by producers etc. I wouldnt want to be the cause of that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess I will be "accidently" taking part of it but only because I got no game, CD or music to buy on March. (Yay?)
The Last Story is out next Friday and Pandora's Tower is out in Apirl (Europe) and these days I can't afford to buy DVD and music. Oh and the only film in Cinemna I intend to watch next is The Avengers which is out in May.

This campaign itself is a fruitless attempt since I highly doubt anyone can stop buying at least one of the products for a month unless they are short on cash like me.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
i usually do anyway because im a poor bastard, but does pre-ordering ME3 count?

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I wouldn't have bought anything anyway as I'm skint, but all this will accomplish is a gigantic hike in prices come April 1st, if that.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
I'm not participating. My birthday is in March and I'm not giving that up for a protest which isn't going to work.

Esotera said:
I wouldn't have bought anything anyway as I'm skint, but all this will accomplish is a gigantic hike in prices come April 1st, if that.
I sincerely doubt it. When there's more supply than demand the prices generally tend to drop; that's the very first thing you learn in an economics class. That said the media has time and time again proven how dumb they are so they may actually raise prices.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
OK, I see this affecting different people somewhat differently:

hardcore internet geeks - they probably wouldn't do it, because downloading stuff is their thing
normal users - they probably wouldn't do it because they don't really care that much

also pirates - yeah right

I doubt it would be a massive success, maybe there would be a small decrease in online activity but I question whether it would be noticeable at all (would it deviate from normal highs and lows of internet usage).

And stop portraying Megaupload as the victim! Sure, maybe it was just a bit harsh to close it, but it's not like it lacked any illegal stuff. It was a pretty solid alternative to torrents for pirating.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
The only conclusion I can see for that, with the hypothesis that it would work in practice, which it won't, is:

No one bought anything. They must have pirated them (until it's too late with the new legislations).

Mar 30, 2010
Surely the industries involved would simply view the fall in sales as an increase in piracy, and make sure these bills are pushed through faster?

Just a thought...

EDIT - Damn ninjas.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Hang on, let me just check to see what I have left on my list of things I need to buy.

Kingdoms of Amular:Reckoning.

Mass Effect 3

Syndicate

I am Alive

Yaaaa, sorry dude. The entertainment industry is getting my money, assuming I don't buy 2 out of those 4 before March.