?Black mesa Source revealed by valve, Steam download up.

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
Black mesa source has been revealed by valve. As of now, i do NOT see it on the steam store, however there are multiple sources for it citing its existence as being revealed, and currently there seems to be heavy love from multiple torrent sites. I may be mistaken in not finding it one steam, as i only did one source for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twAzTmYgHEg&feature=g-all-u
At approximately 3:40 the scene for it opens up in this video.

http://stickskills.com/2012/09/14/black-mesa-source-now-available-for-download/#!prettyPhoto
this website ALSO has an announcement for it.

I dont know much about valve games PERSONALLY, As i have never used much of steam. However If im not incorrect, black mesa is a major thing in half life, is it not? this may pave the way for a new reveal coming up soon maybe.
*cough cough* Half life three please *cough cough*

EDIT: Sorry, it is a FANMADE version rather than a published valve creation. Sorry for the confusion

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Black Mesa came out yesterday, so you're late for the party. It's also not made by Valve. It;s a fan-made remake of Half-Life 1 in the source engine. It's still not on the Steam store, though.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
DoPo said:
Black Mesa came out yesterday, so you're late for the party. It's also not made by Valve. It;s a fan-made remake of Half-Life 1 in the source engine. It's still not on the Steam store, though.
It is also quite excellent. You should play it.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:
I am. Right now. Literally. Love the new bullsquid :D

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:
Never having played the first Half-Life, at all, would you recommend I instead play Black Mesa and forego Half-Life?

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Bernzz said:
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:
Never having played the first Half-Life, at all, would you recommend I instead play Black Mesa and forego Half-Life?
Yes. Well, you'll be missing the final...about third or quarter of the game, though. Up until then, it's still a very cool game. Well, I'm not that far in Black Mesa but based on observation so far, it should be really good. The final part of the game will be released, too, just at a later date. According to the devs it will be in reasonable timeframe but not this year.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
DoPo said:
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:
I think you mean Cthulhu Dogs.

And this is all really fun, but I think the Marines are a bit too accurate with their shots. All of them, headshots. I'm often faced with fighting a squad with less then 30% of my health, and then dying around 5 times before I kill them all.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
A Satanic Panda said:
DoPo said:
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:

And this is all really fun, but I think the Marines are a bit too accurate with their shots. All of them, headshots. I'm often faced with fighting a squad with less then 30% of my health, and then dying around 5 times before I kill them all.
I was having trouble with them, but then I learned the way to beat them is to be constantly sprinting, preferably not right at them. The marine sections are still tricky, but they're much more doable like this.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
A Satanic Panda said:
DoPo said:
ohnoitsabear said:
DoPo said:
Yes, I'm sorry. And I did tell them to send my regards to Yog-Sothot.

A Satanic Panda said:
I'm not there yet but that's sound good. They are trained soldiers, after all.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
I love this damn game, they definitely put a lot of love into making it and the music is amazing. My favorite piece of music is from the ambush during questionable ethics.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
ravenshrike said:
Anybody found a grav gun yet? I'm wondering if it's in the game or they just didn't remove the button from the keybind menu.
I guess it's just an oversight. I really doubt the gravity gun will be in the game.

DaKiller said:
I love this damn game, they definitely put a lot of love into making it and the music is amazing.
So much this. I'm downloading the soundtrack right now.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
I loved the puns the scientist uses after you blow up someone's lunch in the microwave.

"Make like a nut, and bolt."

"Make like missile, and cruise."

"Make like a prom dress, and get off."

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
A Satanic Panda said:
I loved the puns the scientist uses after you blow up someone's lunch in the microwave.

Heh, and there is another scientist a bit before the insertion sequence, who has a very meta complain - why should he just stand around, look at screens and occasionally press buttons - that's an intern's job.

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
I still do not understand in what world does it take 7 rockets to shoot down a helicopter, all to the glass part no less D:

neverarine

Nov 18, 2009
i love how you can just pick things up... i think i got around a few places just by stacking barrels and boxes that where nearby and bypassing all the fancy jumps thanks to my tower...

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
DoPo said:
A Satanic Panda said:

Heh, and there is another scientist a bit before the insertion sequence, who has a very meta complain - why should he just stand around, look at screens and occasionally press buttons - that's an intern's job.
Hehe, or the scientist complaining about the computers and such, and then saying "Well, at least it can't get any worse." Right before you enter the "test chamberrr." (How the subtitles actually spell it.)

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Just finished it. Can't wait till they add Xen. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Definitely recommended to anyone, regardless if you've already played the original Half Life or not (note, if you haven't played it before though, you will be missing out on the last sequence of the game, as it hasn't be completed in the mod yet - no word yet on when that'll be added).

Just thought I'd ask though, does anyone else find it a lot easier than the official version of the original Half Life? I guess it has been many years since I last played through it, but I went through the entire game without dying to enemy fire, and I'm nearly positive that it was a bit more challenging than that. Particularly the Military; I could have sworn I remembered them being far more relentless. The only instances in which I ever died in this playthrough was due to falling off ladders. I hate ladders :mad:!

Anyway, two thumbs up to the Black Mesa team! Great job :)!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
GoldenEyes said:
Just thought I'd ask though, does anyone else find it a lot easier than the official version of the original Half Life? I guess it has been many years since I last played through it, but I went through the entire game without dying to enemy fire, and I'm nearly positive that it was a bit more challenging than that. Particularly the Military; I could have sworn I remembered them being far more relentless. The only instances in which I ever died in this playthrough was due to falling off ladders. I hate ladders :mad:!
For me it's the opposite. It feels like the original Half-Life was easier. It's been a while since I've played the original but to me, the soldiers aim seems to be more accurate in the mod. I'm having trouble to kill the soldiers without them hitting me and my health often drops down to around 40 or even lower after fighting a bunch of soldiers. I remember that being easier in hl1.
Agree on the ladder part though.