Black Mesa Website Starts Mysterious Countdown

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Charcharo said:
Olas said:
Retail version? You mean a paid for mod? KILL IT!!!! BURN THE HERETICS!!!!
I dont know whether I should respond... but...

This is actually better and with more content then most AAA drivel. It deserves some money.
I totally agree, I was being sardonic there. Sorry, I forgot about Poe's law. Since I've played through Black Mesa twice now, I already feel that I owe them some money so I'll probably buy it even if I don't play it again until the Xen levels are released.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Bindal said:
In other words, you want every to just cater to you specifically and if you're not interested in something, people shouldn't even make it.
Can you be anymore egoistic and self-centered than that?
Yes, I could, but I've no interest in talking to you as of your last post toward me, so kindly bother some one who cares and actually values what you have to say.

Charcharo said:
Make no mistake mate. I know some people dont like the "Master Race" joke. The thing is... I also dont care :p . I like it. That is MORE then enough for me.
I tend to liken the people that use it unironically to the same irrational fanboys that should be shunned and mocked for how utterly blind they are.

So yeah, don't be that guy, I like trolling that guy.

Actually changing the levels, AI and balance is a VERY big deal. It is not a straight remake then. it is something more.

Well tell me of a game that is deserving of its hype and status. Sure as hell aint Skyrim :p .

Now to answer your question:
No. Here is a list of mods you need check:
Lost Alpha, Priboi Story, Valley of Shorohov.
Research and Development, Minerva Metastasis, Lambda Wars
Eastern Front.

Check these mate. That will somewhat answer your question better then I could.
So it's a better remake then most. Still a remake. Using the example given of Zero Mission, they changed a LOT of shit in the level layout and AI, item locations and even added a BUNCH of shit to it in the form of bosses and locations.

It's STILL a remake -.- Just cause they got under the hood to do more then update textures does not change this.

Of course Skyrim doesn't deserve the praise it gets, and mind you' I like Skyrim, but ...

It's a frame work, a sand box. The story is crap when it dares to show it self, combat is just as bad, and ya know Bethesda's legendary bug testing, not to mention the character models *shudders*.

Only reason TES is still around is because of the modders coming in and finishing the game by bug fixing, making the game look better, and adding worth while content to it. If it wasn't moddable it would have died off a LONG time ago with not a single fuck to be given.

As to what game deserves to be treated like gods gift to gaming with way HL is? No such game exists, not even HL deserves it, it probably deserves it less since it's 'innovations' are likely what lead to the current state of the FPS.

*Looks up the mods and sighs*

really ... that's your play? throwing mods for more games I've no interest in at me?

Zuljeet

Jan 14, 2010
There's a neat-o picture of the g-man when I open the console in firebug ^_^ (inspect element -> open the 'console' tab -> and there he is). I'm wondering if there isn't anything more interesting tucked in the code someplace.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Olas said:
Retail version? You mean a paid for mod? KILL IT!!!! BURN THE HERETICS!!!!
Retail is basically "prettier version" as the free version is still supported. You just pay for a more polished version.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
What about Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Decay?

I absolutely loved Blue Shift.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
K12 said:
It's kind of annoying that they've spent their time making a sellable version of something that was already done rather than finish actually finish it.

Oh well, maybe it'll be something more than that but I tend to doubt it.
I agree.

The cynical bastard in me thinks they just threw in some multiplayer maps in order to get it turned into something they could sell.
I'm not against them making money from the mod, just finish the damn thing!

Bindal said:
Retail is basically "prettier version" as the free version is still supported. You just pay for a more polished version.
Really? Where? It vanished from my Steam library a long time ago. If I search for the game in 'Store' it comes up empty.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Aerosteam said:
I'm really looking forward to Ricochet 2.
On an entirely serious note, I would quite like to see a Ricochet mode added to Team Fortress 2 to go along with Dodgeball.

Puling off a decapitation was so satisfying and Scout already double jumps...

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Bindal said:
That's because it's not released yet, Einstein? The News post clearly states that one of the possible results of the outcome is that very same release on Steam, as standalone 'retail'.
Reading isn't your strenght, is it?
Clearly grammar isn't your strong point. You don't use a question mark when making a statement. 'News' should not be capitalised as it's not a pronoun. Your second sentence is just odd to the point that it almost makes no sense (your strange use of the comma doesn't help). Also, your spelling of 'strength' is wrong.

I was asking a simple question and you decided to respond by criticizing me. You may insult me if you like, but perhaps you should do so in a post which isn't filled with errors. It detracts from your attempt to make yourself look better than me.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Bindal said:
Li Mu said:
Bindal said:
Really? Where? It vanished from my Steam library a long time ago. If I search for the game in 'Store' it comes up empty.
That's because it's not released yet, Einstein? The News post clearly states that one of the possible results of the outcome is that very same release on Steam, as standalone 'retail'.
Reading isn't your strenght, is it?

Baldr said:
What about Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Decay?

I absolutely loved Blue Shift.
Opposing Force: http://www.tripminestudios.com
Blue Shift: http://www.tripminestudios.com
Decay: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hazard-team1 (The mod is dead, however)
And yes, OpFor and BS are both developed by the same team. They were originally two seperate teams but most worked on both anyway, so they joined forces. While there hasn't been any news recently, they're not dead.
Was there really a need to insult the person? I don't believe so. You could have given the person the information they needed without resorting to insults.

On Topic: Interesting. I will have to keep my eyes that site and see what is revealed when the countdown ends.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Bat Vader said:
Was there really a need to insult the person? I don't believe so. You could have given the person the information they needed without resorting to insults.
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer - it's that simple.
If the newspost itself mentions that the countdown could lead to the retail release of Black Mesa (and with now a few other things popping up confirming that, including the official Black Mesa Twitter account sending out Steam Keys to selected YouTubers), then you do not ask "why can't I find it on Steam?"

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Bindal said:
Bat Vader said:
If the newspost itself mentions that the countdown could lead to the retail release of Black Mesa (and with now a few other things popping up confirming that, including the official Black Mesa Twitter account sending out Steam Keys to selected YouTubers), then you do not ask "why can't I find it on Steam?"
Except you didn't need to answer like you did. Just because you can insult someone doesn't mean you should. I don't see the point or reason to act hostile and/or insulting towards someone because someone dislikes their question. If that's the case why even answer it at all? Why create bad blood?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Bat Vader said:
Bindal said:
Bat Vader said:
Except you didn't need to answer like you did. Just because you can insult someone doesn't mean you should. I don't see the point or reason to act hostile and/or insulting towards someone because someone dislikes their question. If that's the case why even answer it at all? Why create bad blood?
Because I don't feel like spoonfeeding and babysitting everyone when the answer is straight in their face already.

-Datura-

Nov 21, 2009
Little ***** Bindal is raggin 'coz the Black Mesa team didnt send hookers and blow to his house.