Black Metal fans?

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
No, I like some metal but black just seems like making alot of noise for the sake of being loud nothing behind it.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Nmil-ek said:
No, I like some metal but black just seems like making alot of noise for the sake of being loud nothing behind it.
Agreed, I never seemed to get into Black Metal.

Tears of a Tree

Apr 23, 2009
I love black metal. Its a little like wine in that you have to develop a taste for it... at first it kinda sounds a wall of noise since the guitars are so distorted but once you can hear it right you'll be hooked.

burzum's my favorite

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
I have never heard black metal. I heard of it, Never listened to it that is.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Is Slipknot, Mudvain or Dark Funeral black metal? Those are probably as far as I go with that genre.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I've heard it, I can't say I'm really bothered by it. I like maybe one or two Dark Throne songs. I'm more of a Death Metal person.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
I love Black Metal. I'm not exactly into the views or lifestyles that come with some of the music, but I find the music to be really atmospheric and powerful, especially the more raw and noisy and sometimes less technical stuff. Lately I've been listening to a lot of it, Xasthur and Burzum quite a bit, though I'm also really into the less "true" black metal like Wolves in the Throne Room.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I feel an asshole post coming up.

For the love of GOD, this metal/music thread thing has been done enough. At least rephrase it to turn it into a legitimate question.

Derailing thread!

Does anyone here enjoy black metal? What about it, specifically? Are there any parts of the "Black metal" lifestyle that you don't agree with?

And for those who don't enjoy black metal (like myself); what about it do you not like? Is it more the music or the lifestyle associated with it?

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
I'm more of a fan of white metals such as Tin and Aluminum.
Lol'd.

Despite my avatar presenting a Death Metal band, I am quite fond of Black Metal. I've been trying to listen to more Mayhem but I'm rather fond of Darkthrone and Dissection. I recently picked up a Bathory CD that I'm enjoying so yeah. There you have it. I also just recently composed an orchestral piece with a black metal theme.

ratbob985

Nov 28, 2008
Im not such a fan of black metal, I can really appreciate it for what it is but it lacks intensity, im far more of a death metal person

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
Tears of a Tree said:
Nazulu said:
Is Slipknot, Mudvain or Dark Funeral black metal? Those are probably as far as I go with that genre.
NO
Then give some bloody examples! What do you think is the best black metal band?

Gorrister

Apr 17, 2009
Nazulu said:
Tears of a Tree said:
Nazulu said:
NO
Then give some bloody examples! What do you think is the best black metal band?
Tvangeste are alright, my personal favourite is Traces though. Myspace music them, they're phenomenal.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
Gorrister said:
Tvangeste are alright, my personal favourite is Traces though. Myspace music them, they're phenomenal.
Thank you. I'll go check them out on Youtube, it's cheaper!