Black Ops II Day 1 Preorders Already Beating MW3's

Death on Wheels

Mar 17, 2012
Yay more over priced DLC content bought to you via a Disk.
Same engine, same tired idea.
Why would you pre-order this?
Answer, cos the multi-player servers for MW3 are going to empty quicker than a whore house that has the Claps.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
A few tweeks could actually get me back into Cod.

1- Take the K/D stats out of the game completely, no one cares and it means fuck all in real life. Grow up!
2- Take the killstreaks out of the game, they promote smugness and camping.
3- if you are going to have ks, go back to the old 3/5/7 system
4- Dedicated servers, honestly, people are throwing enough money at this shit, provide them with some quality for once.
5- Take corners out of the game, I've played enough of MW2 and MW3 to realize that the game is infested with campers and corner dwellers.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
They got rid of second chance. That's almost made me want to buy it to try it out. Almost.

But I've been spoiled by Battlefield 3 and have no need for Call of Duty. And Battlefield 3 doesn't have second chance (reviving doesn't count. You still get the kill even if they get revived), or any perks for that matter. Plus I love the destructive terrain, damn Call of Duty and it's indestructible garden fences.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
F4LL3N said:
Worgen said:
The amount of a money factory this series is, is retarded, the last really good one was cod 4, the rest are just have bombastic single player games that have no sense of pacing and the multi is an over priced map pack.
I've got about 5 days play time on MW3 and I'm still ranked something like 1.2million out of ~15 million. That would suggest there's over a million players who have clocked at least 120hrs on multiplayer alone. A lot of people have 30-40days worth of playtime just in a 5 month period. How many single, or even multiplayer games give that many people that much decent gameplay time? That's not even including ~8hrs per playthrough of the campaign and countless more in spec-ops.

I know I've spent $100 on a game and got sick of it literally 20 minutes in (multiple times.) I think people just want to get there money's worth.
That logic doesnt work, have lost 160 hours on BF3 and I dont think that its that good of a game, its just that I dont have all that much else to play. The problem here is how is anyone capable of pre-ordering the game without knowing almost anything about it, has anyone even seen how the RTS mode works?

They could even make a pre-order pack that would include the 3 next Call Of Duty games (they would still be released 1 year appart from each other), add some pre-order bonus and people would still pre-order it because "Its COD", and that is exactly what they did here, watched one trailer (that doesnt show anything and isnt even pre-order worthy) and pre-ordered it only based on the brand "Call Of Duty".

I dont blame people for liking COD for what it is, my favorite was COD:4 and while I dont like the newer ones as much they can still be fun, but god dont just blindly buy the game just because its COD.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I don't like Call of Duty but surely the best way to continues the series is to hust abandon the story all together a just focus on making the online deeper and more expansive. Nobody I know who plays CoD doesnt even touch the story.

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
xplosive59 said:
I don't like Call of Duty but surely the best way to continues the series is to hust abandon the story all together a just focus on making the online deeper and more expansive. Nobody I know who plays CoD doesnt even touch the story.
I've spent most of my gaming years in offline play; for me, what you can do offline is just as important as what you can do online, which does include CoD's Story mode.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
josemlopes said:
But we already know the game will be on the same/similar engine as previous entries, so the core of the game will be as good as we already expect.

I do understand what you're saying though. I won't be pre-ordering this time even though I'm likely to get the game on release day.

You didn't like Battlefield 3? Only thing wrong with it imo, is it's not as polished and smooth as CoD.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
Because Not even COD fans really like MW3 maps they are just a jumbled mess black ops maps are alot better

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
Syzygy23 said:
What the frickin' HELL, how can people still be BUYING the SAME DAMN garbage? Seriously, the ONLY way this is possible is if EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device they turn on whenever they need to release another Call of Duty game, or there are more Dude-Bros out there than we previously imagined, and they are singlehandedly keeping this franchise afloat with their Dudical Bro-ness.
Syzygy23 said:
What the frickin' HELL, how can people still be BUYING the SAME DAMN garbage? Seriously, the ONLY way this is possible is if EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device
Syzygy23 said:
Seriously, the ONLY way this is possible is if EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device
Syzygy23 said:
EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device
Syzygy23 said:

Call of Duty is owned by Activision, dude. Also, people keep buying Call of Duty because they like it. Simples.
This made me giggle :')

OT: Yeh not surprised, and im not surprised by the amount of "OMFG NO FRIGGING WAY ITS HAPPENING AGAIN ARGHHHHHHHHH" that is on this thread.

COD isn't just bought by gamers, it's bought by pretty much everyone. and the reason for that is because everyone buys it, including friends. the amount of party's i have on my XBL friend list with people playing COD is ridiculous.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
F4LL3N said:
Worgen said:
The amount of a money factory this series is, is retarded, the last really good one was cod 4, the rest are just have bombastic single player games that have no sense of pacing and the multi is an over priced map pack.
I've got about 5 days play time on MW3 and I'm still ranked something like 1.2million out of ~15 million. That would suggest there's over a million players who have clocked at least 120hrs on multiplayer alone. A lot of people have 30-40days worth of playtime just in a 5 month period. How many single, or even multiplayer games give that many people that much decent gameplay time? That's not even including ~8hrs per playthrough of the campaign and countless more in spec-ops.

I know I've spent $100 on a game and got sick of it literally 20 minutes in (multiple times.) I think people just want to get there money's worth.
Skyrim (over 200 hours for me), or any decent RPG can give that amount of single player playtime easily. also I have about that much time invested in TF2 and it's free and personally I feel like it's a much better game, and I believe that it's older than the last good COD game in MW1.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
*sigh* its times like this where i feel really depressed and i don't even understand why

eh, can't say i wasn't expecting this to happen though

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I really appreciate the level of quality Treyarch has managed to get to.

Did anyone ever play COD 3? That was my first ever experience with Treyarch and I must say, it was not pretty at all. What a pile.

But they have made improvements every release, and it's gotten to the point where I trust them as much as I trust Infinity Ward. Maybe even more.

So we have another AAA FPS game, made by a company that actually excels at making great AAA FPS games. Add in a new setting, and new maps and you have plenty of fun. Practically guaranteed.

It's not like this game is being made by THQ, or Dice, or Crytek or Danger Close. All companies that have attempted to make the next big FPS game and instead released garbage with shoddy engines or poor hit detection or both.

No these servers will last years.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
This is so sad.
Devoneaux said:
Syzygy23 said:
What the frickin' HELL, how can people still be BUYING the SAME DAMN garbage? Seriously, the ONLY way this is possible is if EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device they turn on whenever they need to release another Call of Duty game, or there are more Dude-Bros out there than we previously imagined, and they are singlehandedly keeping this franchise afloat with their Dudical Bro-ness.
I like how MMO players have been doing this for years for about three times the cost, but now that it's CoD all of a sudden, the community here is OUTRAGED!

You know, if I didn't know any better, i'd say you're all haters.
Thanks for letting us know EVERYONE LOVES MMOs. And everyone plays them.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I don't hate CoD anymore, whenever a new CoD comes out every single online community gets sanitized of assholes.

It's like when all the fuck heads go to 4chan in the summer, it's glorious. I can play GTA 4 online without 5 year olds for a month or so.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Devoneaux said:
Abedeus said:
This is so sad.
Devoneaux said:
Syzygy23 said:
I like how MMO players have been doing this for years for about three times the cost, but now that it's CoD all of a sudden, the community here is OUTRAGED!

You know, if I didn't know any better, i'd say you're all haters.
Thanks for letting us know EVERYONE LOVES MMOs. And everyone plays them.
*Cough* Condescending prick *Cough*

It's a well established fact that Wow is priced at 15 dollars a month. All it takes is a little basic math to come to the conclusion that MMO players have been getting gouged at the wallet all this time for years, playing the same exact game, for years. It doesn't matter if you play or not, it doesn't stop my point from getting across derp.
Because EVERYONE WHO PLAYS MMOS PLAYS WOW. Or P2P games.

Grow up.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
To everyone saying "why do people buy the same game over and over again?": While I think that that argument definitely applies to Modern Warfare 3 (more of the exact same shit, it might as well be Madden or FIFA), you fail to realize that this game is actually promising a change of pace for the first time in 5 goddamned years.

I think that this will be the peak of the Call of Duty franchise as a whole. After this, Modern Warfare 4 will end up taking a steep downturn (as it should). From there, maybe we'll get a lot more actual risk-taking like Black Ops 2 seems to do.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Worgen said:
Actually, each CoD game has a complete overhaul in available weapons, unlock/upgrade system, maps, graphics, balance tweaks, and a lot of "Under the hood" adjustments. The single-player game part of CoD is little more than an extra diversion, sometimes with a few new experiences.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, needs more than just an ocassional "Map Pack" to keep the online part "Fresh", especially one that gives players incentive to keep playing through Unlockable Bonuses: A new game every year allows the player to completely 'reset' their progress, without actually losing their previous accomplishments. It also levels the multiplayer field this way: Even veterans have to adjust to the slight changes in the game and learn the new guns (Which is more fun than it sounds) and it shakes up the player behavior by purging the "Complacent Gamer Syndrome" that eventually infects and cripples large multiplayer games over time.

Also: The network effect.