Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
EDIT: Having played the game a lot now, the good news is the game is fundamentally really fun and fast paced.

I can confirm that air support doesn't appear all that often, which is a relief.

Second Chance, however, is horrible. Just horrible.

RC Car is super annoying too. I think it needs to be a 5 killstreak, not a 3.

The spawns are also atrocious.

As for the sniping, I'm stayng out of it from now on as I don't snipe, but my buddy had a tough time with it last night and was very disappointed to the point where he had to change over to an assault class.

Here's Woody's gamertag having a game of Black Ops and as we can see, two of the worst problems in the franchise are just as bad, if not worse, than before.

The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with the thing.

And the dogs are even worse. They are now a one hit kill instead of two.

Then there's the RC Car. You can get this with a 2-kill streak using hardline, and today I saw someone get a six-man kill with it. Random, luck based bullshit - exactly what ruined MW2.

I for one know I won't be spending another year of my gaming life getting mad at Call Of Duty, so unless Treyarch are true to their word, listen to the community and patch the shit out of this game, I won't be playing it for long.

Second Chance Pro looks like it's going to be more rage inducing than Commando, Martyrdom and Painkiller combined. Watch at 3.26. Not only will you lose a kill, team-mates can revive people in their auto-dropshot last stand, even if they don't have the perk themselves.

Now watch this:

Treyarch have added a mechanic that makes the sights sway erratically all over the place for a second and a half before settling, and during this time you cannot get a kill even if your crosshairs are on the target.

They have not just nerfed Quickscoping, but utterly ruined sniping. They have such a huge sniping community that this just seems like complete madness.

For the people saying it's more realistic: Since when is it realistic for a rifle to automatically sway randomly around like crazy and a bullet not to go where the crosshair is for a second and a half every time you aim down the sights?

Hell, I don't ever snipe, I don't like quickscoing and even I can see that this was a ridiculous decision. It makes the Sniper Rifles utterly redundant.

So let's say a little prayer that Treyarch will fix these things soon, or many of the COD community will finally be moving elsewhere.

EDIT:

Yes, I know I'm probably over-reacting guys. But I love the COD series and it will break my geeky little heart to have another game ruined by random, overpowered, flow-breaking, frustrating bullshit, so yeah, I get a little passionate :D

Don't forget I was the one talking up Black Ops for the last few months when everyone else was predicting it would be awful!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Well, it's a very little map, but, yes, that chopper gunner is horrendous. And that care packagae changer. What the hell.

I don't have a problem with the second chance though. If you can't secure the kill, too bad.

And the snipers look reasonable. I mean, he did try to semi-quick scope, I think.

Also, the map looks fucking cool.

I'm sorry, Miracle, this is not broken by any means. Just a tad problematic.

Dec 14, 2009
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Give it time. Seeing as the game isn't even officially out yet, I see no reason why we should be panicing in the streets and eating babies.
I'll give it to you though, changing care package... say what?!

Chopper gunner can be shot out of his seat I think though so that balances a little bizzle...

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
It doesn't look as bad as you're making it out to be. Also holy shit double rainbow on that map.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, it's a very little map, but, yes, that chopper gunner is horrendous. And that care packagae changer. What the hell.

I don't have a problem with the second chance though. If you can't secure the kill, too bad.
He would have secured the kill if it weren't for second chance. It's like having extra health, and then your buddy revivies you... it rewards the person who sucked and got shot down, and punishes theEDIT guy who did well and shot him first.

JourneyThroughHell said:
I hope you're right, I really do.

I saw another video with the dogs and it looked horrendous. Plus, I saw someone get a six-man kill with the RC Car. EDIT: Which he got after two kills due to hardline.

Tell me that's not bullshit!

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
So let's say a little prayer that Treyarch will fix these things soon, or many of the COD community will finally be moving elsewhere.
Damn right.
That Chopper Gunner looked awesome in theory, but now it's even worse!
All the stuff you mentioned.... Fucking hell Treyarch, it's not hard to balance your game. MW1 did it quite well, and it's bloody obvious what your flaws are and how you can fix them.
There's nerfing quick-scoping, and then forcing you to wait TWO TO THREE SECONDS.
In that time a guy can have killed you thrice over.
[small]Yes, I meant thrice, not twice.[/small]

Plus, what's up with that map? Graphics looked really... off.
And what's up with the wierd model people that stood there motionless?

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
You're overreacting. It's hard to get a chopper gunner / any high killstreak on nuketown if the other team doesn't suck too hard. (I played the game) The balance is fine, sniping works fine, even in gun game where you're usually up against other guns like smgs or launchers.

Dogs are pretty easy to avoid if you hide somewhat, they don't attack if you don't shoot, and then you can easily knife them when they get close.

I agree on second chance though, that shit is ridiculous (and will be banned on my pc server)

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
Honestly chopper gunner looks like it is the same as before. Just now it is harder to get because of no predator/harrier/chopper gunner. For the quick scoping I was a bit disappointed. But I consider cod4 to be the best modern warfare in my mind so it takes me back to sniping in cod4 which i loved. There are going to be many people pissed off about the quickscoping. But what are you going to do.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
My point exactly. Sniping means holding ground and providing support, not taking point running into battle and jumping 360 degrees off boxes for Youtube montages.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Nuke Town is about the size of Rust. If a player gets their Kill Streaks going to the point that they get the Chopper Gunner, than the other team deserves to be crushed for sucking.

Also, I watched my brother playing Black Ops on his PS3 with the sniper rifle a few hours ago. It's clear that the guy in that video sucks. Majorly. I mean, seriously. My brother isn't exactly all that good at Black Ops at the moment and he didn't have any trouble using the sniper rifle to drop people at range. You know, the distance a sniper rifle is supposed to be used at? Not this close range attempted quickscoping business which just makes the person recording it look like a fucktard failure.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
He would have secured the kill if it weren't for second chance. It's like having extra health, and then your buddy revivies you... it rewards the person who sucked and got shot down, and punishes theEDIT guy who did well and shot him first.
Well, then they need to make a second chance user's health lower. Problem solved.

MiracleOfSound said:

I saw another video with the dogs and it looked horrendous. Plus, I saw someone get a six-man kill with the RC Car. EDIT: Which he got after two kills due to hardline.

How did they die? If it's right after spawn, that's bullshit. If not, it's not.

Also, how often do you imagine people getting dogs? Not too often.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Lowbreed said:
You're overreacting. It's hard to get a chopper gunner / any high killstreak on nuketown if the other team doesn't suck too hard.
He got it from a Care Package. Not difficult. It's that randomness that ruins COD for many players.

It is certainly possible that I'm over-reacting a bit... I'm passionate about the series and have been so excited about this game, talking it up when everyone else was saying ti would be shit. Now I'm afraid I'll be let down again.

Lowbreed said:
I agree on second chance though, that shit is ridiculous (and will be banned on my pc server)
I wish I had a gaming PC.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Throughly agree here.
Bitches need to find some cover and camp like they used to back ont he great pc planes of gaming. crouched on a boxe from four miles away, back when men were men and snipers had some kind of clairvoice and could determin when you'd creep around a corner and pop you in between the eyes for 200 yards.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

JourneyThroughHell said:

Or he's just got really lucky with the RC car. Really, nobody of those six guys shot it as it was coming?

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Here's Woody's gamertag having a game of Black Ops and as we can see, two of the worst problems in the franchise are just as bad, if not worse, than before.

The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with thing.
You're prematurely basing Chopper Gunner on only one game in a VERY small map with little to no cover. Granted, the spawning system is as bad as ever, but you don't account for the fact that Chopper Gunner will have varying effectiveness on different maps.

MiracleOfSound said:
Second Chance Pro looks like it's going to be more rage inducing than Commando, Martyrdom and Painkiller combined. Watch at 3.26. Not only will you lose a kill, team-mates can revive people in her shitty auto-dropshot last stand.
You do realize last stand/second chance pro are negated by the use of explosives, knives, and headshots? Way to exaggerate.

MiracleOfSound said:
Now watch this:

They have not just nerfed Quickscoping, but utterly ruined sniping. They have such a huge sniping community that this just seems like complete madness.

Hell, I don't ever snipe and even I can see that this was a ridiculous decision.
OMG, TREYARCH IS TRYING TO MAKE SNIPING AS REAL AS POSSIBLE?! THOSE BASTARDS!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
archvile93 said:
Or he's just got really lucky with the RC car. Really, nobody of those six guys shot it as it was coming?
Nope, because it came round a corner where they were all together, I presume it was thier spawn.

There's even a little RC route outside the map in Nuketown that lets you drive undetected into the enemy spawn.

Thank god for barebones mode.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
He got it from a Care Package. Not difficult. It's that randomness that ruins COD for many players.
My point exactly.
Randomness makes the skill aspect obsolete.

MiracleOfSound said:

That's not bullshit.
If he was up against a team that was so mindlessly retarded that they moved in an entire six-man formation, and were so tightly together that they could all get caught in the blast, then they deserve to all get blown up.

comadorcrack said:
Chopper gunner can be shot out of his seat I think though so that balances a little bizzle...
If they even get the chance to aim down their sights before getting blown apart.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Gameplay balance? Not important as long as sales figures and network usage is still strong.
You gotta please those talentless hacks some how.