Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
The Chopper looks pretty brutal, while I am glad and annoyed about the Quick Scoping nerf. For one no more quick scoping which is good, and trying to make it be used as a long range weapon its also good. But this also means that If you aren't just sitting in one place always in scope, you will suffer. And if you are sitting in one place, people will find where you are easier, and you won't see you surroundings or radar in the scope. Multiplayer in COD games are much more about running and gunning than just sitting in one place.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Well the chopper gunner is just terrible all around. Their are no redeeming qualitys, if you get it, you win. Un fair and I already hate it.

Second chance is good in theory, however, having your teammate be able to help you up, NO. That take s it from being useless, do WAY overpowered.

Quick scoping gone.... HELL YEAH!

This actually sucks for me though, most of my friends play JUST for quickscopes. It kind of sucks because they wont play for that long and the 60 dollars I spent will be a little bit more regrettable.

I just wish they would patch the games more frequently. I honestly think if they got rid of something like the chopper gunner, people would care about the game more.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
TimeLord said:
MiracleOfSound said:
TimeLord said:
If anything, CoD brings out the worst in people like you. Complaining about something that isn't even released yet and then proclaiming you won't play it. The person you are calling rude has a point. Which I will back up with a motto of mine.

Your in your house,
Your playing with a toy,
Get the fuck over it.
Voicing concerns, not complaining. I love COD and want it to be as great as it can be, that's all.

And if that is your motto which you intend to use often, you might want to learn the correct way to spell 'you're'.
I will spell it 'your' till the day I die just to annoy you for being condescending about a small mistake.
First post since April... It has been a while...

That's really not fair to the rest of us who care about that kind of thing, you know. How about as a favour for me, you don't? Pwease?

OT : I have mixed views on this. On the one hand - the car thing was a fluke, plain and simple. It's like lobbing a grenade onto the bomb in Sabotage and getting 6 kills.

The Chopper Gunner... well... It is high in the killstreaks, and it is more-counterable (?) than it was, plus Ghost perk. And that was a small, openish map.

As for sniping - Good. Fucking. Riddance. I'm sick of quickscoping, and sniper rifles being used as shotguns. You have to aim for a few seconds? Good. Sniping has been mangled since CoD4, which today is 80% people using the M40 sniper's weapon. I look forward to getting kills from afar, in nice cover, covering objectives/chokepoints/my team.

And this is pre-release. Let them tweak what needs tweaking in the coming months.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. MW2 was a big let-down, and this seems to be a nice way for the Call of Duty series to get back on its feet, insane sales notwithstanding.

Shame I can't play it tomorrow though - Amazon are being absurd with my order and my TV's out anyway.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Killstreaks are fine. Hardline Pro is a little overpowered, but at least it's interesting. Makes care packages more powerful, that's for sure.

Sniping on the other hand is completely impossible in Black Ops. Unless you're one of these "You should lay in the bushes and snipe like the real snipers do!" people that everyone hates, then this change doesn't matter that much to you. For us players who like to snipe aggressively because it's fun and challenging, this pretty much ruins the whole experience. I won't pass judgment until I try it for myself tomorrow, but things look bleak. I don't see much point in even using a Sniper Rifle at this point, since a lot of the assault rifles appear to be pretty accurate at range. Sniping was very easy in MW2, and even there it was underpowered compared to the UMP.45 and ACR.

The only change that needed to be made was removing Snipers from Sleight of Hand Pro. There, Sniping goes back to the way it was in CoD4. The way it should be, in my opinion. It was difficult, but fast, responsive, and very fun.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Good about the quick scoping. Everything else only reinforces my lack of excitement for this game.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Steppin Razor said:
Shaegor said:
I constantly hear this complaining about quickscoping in CoD games, and I'm wondering... Why do people find it so unbalanced? Well yeah, it doesn't exactly go with the point that snipers stand for but what else? I mean, in TF2 at least, quick scoping takes a considerable amount of skill.
Quickscoping in Modern Warfare 2 abuses the aim assist function. When you hit aim with the crosshairs centered over an enemy, the gun will be locked onto them when you look down the sight. How it abuses it is that the weapon will already be locked onto the target pretty much the moment you hit aim, so you can fire a sniper rifle and hit a target before you get anywhere near looking down the scope. Factoring in that a sniper rifle with FMJ and the Stopping Power perk has around a 85-90% chance of getting a one shot kill makes it an extremely effective, and fairly frustrating to face, tactic. Sure, it works well, but it looks all sorts of wrong when people charge in with a sniper rifle that they use like a shotgun.
This post is almost entirely untrue.

The only effect aim assist has on quickscoping is that if you drag your scope over the person it slows down very slightly when you're over them, making it slightly, slightly easier to hit them.

You do not lock on, that is simply, and demonstrably not true.
Furthermore until you are actually in scope, any shot is treated as a no scope, i.e. will go anywhere in your crosshairs.
Lastly, you will do better with an automatic gun every time, this is fact.
A sniper rifle is a one hit kill, eh 70% considering hitmarkers, it takes a little while to bring up the scope, long enough to be killed by a Scar, or a FAMAS, and then you have to factor in how much more difficult it is to aim and hit someone with one bullet rather than thirty.

All of this quickscoping hate (or at least the vast majority) comes from people who're butthurt because they see people owning them with a sniper rifle and are pissed off.

Pause when you hear the gun fire at about 17 seconds. Tell me how that just worked if what you siad is true.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Why not simply not purchuse the game?

Let me be honest, if you follow the gaming world at all you'd know what a group of rats Activision is, and they are the ones who made this game, the dev team works for them. The gouging on DLC from Activision has been legendary, and they have been mistreating their customers.

If on top of this you also think the game is broken, and while not a FPS player I see exactly what your talking about here, and agree with you, why the heck are you even considering giving them money for this?

Let's be honest, if you buy this game your not only reinforcing Activision's treatment of it's customers, but also saying that you'll buy a game that you *know* is broken, and ultimatly be encouraging more shoddy "we can patch it later" work, and untested gameplay mechanics.

"Black Ops" is going to be a hugely successful game, there is no way around that, but stop and think about both the behavior of the company, what happened to Infinity Ward, and all of the complaints you just made... ask yourself if it really deserves this success, or if your being abused.

People buying products like this, under these conditions, is part of what contributes to the accusations that gaming is addictive the way drugs are. Rationality going out the window from people who need their fix, and don't care what they have to do, or endure, in order to get it.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
This looks like one of the worst multiplayers I've ever seen. I loved Modern Warfare 1. World at War was pretty cool too. But MW2 and this? Ugh I'll pass.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TerranReaper said:
I will say the same thing I said about Second Chance in regards to the perks related to it, if you haven't already adapted to wasting a few extra bullets for the possibility that the enemy player has Second Chance/Last Stand from the last 3(?) games, then you deserve to die. This is based off of speculation and since the game isn't out, I can't say anything for sure.
It's not dying form it that's the problem for me, it's the way it slows down the flow of the game.

TerranReaper said:
I also got to point out, that before the person got Chopper Gunner, the score was "2800ish-800ish", this means that his team had 28 kills to their 8 kills and this also means that the opposing team was terrible. It would not surprise me if they were too incompetent to try to shoot down the chopper, it also wouldn't surprise me if they fed someone into a chopper gunner anyways.
Whihc sucks for you if you're on a team with 5 useless players... they'll keep dying and you'll get punished for it.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
TimeLord said:
MiracleOfSound said:
TimeLord said:
If anything, CoD brings out the worst in people like you. Complaining about something that isn't even released yet and then proclaiming you won't play it. The person you are calling rude has a point. Which I will back up with a motto of mine.

Your in your house,
Your playing with a toy,
Get the fuck over it.
Voicing concerns, not complaining. I love COD and want it to be as great as it can be, that's all.

And if that is your motto which you intend to use often, you might want to learn the correct way to spell 'you're'.
I will spell it 'your' till the day I die just to annoy you for being condescending about a small mistake.
But you're complaining about that he's complaining about a game.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Tommy T. said:
First off, nobody's 'raging' at the game, we are voicing our concerns about our favorite shooter because we want it to be as great as it potentially can be. That's not such a bad thing is it?

Second, the person you were talking about was clearly just trying to pick a fight with me by picking out ridiculous minor trivialities in my sentences and saying that I was stating my opinion as fact, when actually it seemed pretty clear to me that everything in any forum thread is someone's opinion and this should not need to be stated every other sentence.

It has nothing to do with post count or who is in a particluar group, or 'mob'. He was picking a fight and that's why people told him off. The same thing would happen to me or anyone else who did that, in fact we would probably be treated more harshly as we've been here longer and should know better.

Squeaky

Mar 6, 2010
Lt. Dragunov said:
SalamanderJoe said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
My point exactly. Sniping means holding ground and providing support, not taking point running into battle and jumping 360 degrees off boxes for Youtube montages.
Finaly some people who understand what REAL sniping is. You guys bring warmth to my heart.
Well CoD has never been about realism so.. why would that be good if you want some real sniping try Arma, Joint Operations or BFBC2/BF2. however BFBC2 does fun and realism.

Does look a bit stupid, but the only reason i came into the thread was to see how stupid.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
omega 616 said:
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Steppin Razor said:
Shaegor said:
I constantly hear this complaining about quickscoping in CoD games, and I'm wondering... Why do people find it so unbalanced? Well yeah, it doesn't exactly go with the point that snipers stand for but what else? I mean, in TF2 at least, quick scoping takes a considerable amount of skill.
Quickscoping in Modern Warfare 2 abuses the aim assist function. When you hit aim with the crosshairs centered over an enemy, the gun will be locked onto them when you look down the sight. How it abuses it is that the weapon will already be locked onto the target pretty much the moment you hit aim, so you can fire a sniper rifle and hit a target before you get anywhere near looking down the scope. Factoring in that a sniper rifle with FMJ and the Stopping Power perk has around a 85-90% chance of getting a one shot kill makes it an extremely effective, and fairly frustrating to face, tactic. Sure, it works well, but it looks all sorts of wrong when people charge in with a sniper rifle that they use like a shotgun.

The only effect aim assist has on quickscoping is that if you drag your scope over the person it slows down very slightly when you're over them, making it slightly, slightly easier to hit them.

Furthermore until you are actually in scope, any shot is treated as a no scope, i.e. will go anywhere in your crosshairs.
A sniper rifle is a one hit kill, eh 70% considering hitmarkers, it takes a little while to bring up the scope, long enough to be killed by a Scar, or a FAMAS, and then you have to factor in how much more difficult it is to aim and hit someone with one bullet rather than thirty.

All of this quickscoping hate (or at least the vast majority) comes from people who're butthurt because they see people owning them with a sniper rifle and are pissed off.

Pause when you hear the gun fire at about 17 seconds. Tell me how that just worked if what you siad is true.
That would be a no scope... Which as I just fucking said in my last fucking post, is anywhere fucking in your crosshairs.

Please read my post before replying.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
chemicalreaper said:
If you get it from an 11-kill killing streak, you probably deserve it -- especially if killstreak rewards don't stack up.
You can play amazingly and still get punished if your team-mates are shit, that's my problem with the killstreaks.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
For the people saying it's more realistic: Since when is it realistic for a rifle to automatically sway randomly around like crazy and a bullet not to go where the crosshair is for a second and a half every time you aim down the sights?
Errr... Depending on your definition of "realism", since when in real life did people have crosshairs?

Actually, a 1.5 seconds is pretty damn quick time for a marksman to centre his scope on the target. Sure, the gun won't jerk around of its own accord, but when you "aim down the sights" of a sniper rifle (something I heartily warn you don't, seeing as how you'll break your nose and genuine sniper's weapons really are only effective when steadied on a bipod/piece of cover) your arms will naturally sway and you will not be perfectly still. At all.

If possible, try going to a firing range and hitting a target with a low-recoil weapon such as a .22 rifle, at 50 yards. The smallest move of your arms, the quietest breath, will move your aim inches on the target.

One cannot, in good conscience, apply the term "realism" to a Call of Duty game. No, quickscoping was just cheap, annoying and tended to be performed by some amazingly ignorant CoD players, not a demographic I rank very highly in the intelligence department.

Like I said - I'm still looking forward to Black Ops, but really. This is silly. Even if any of these problems were problems, and they aren't, Treyarch would fix them.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
OMG, TREYARCH IS TRYING TO MAKE SNIPING AS REAL AS POSSIBLE?! THOSE BASTARDS!
Realism does not equal fun.
Its not even realistic... this looks like the sniper has just had a brain hemmorage as he brought up his gun. In real life, no, you couldnt just instantly aim a sniper rifle dead onto a point- but a decent sniper would be capable of bringing it to bear, controlling it and getting it on target without it shaking everywhere.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
ItsAChiaotzu said:
omega 616 said:
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Steppin Razor said:
Shaegor said:

That would be a no scope... Which as I just fucking said in my last fucking post, is anywhere fucking in your crosshairs.

Please read my post before replying.
Want to watch that again? The cross hairs aren't even over him.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
ShockValue said:
It doesn't look as bad as you're making it out to be. Also holy shit double rainbow on that map.
OMG! There is! What does this mean?

OT:The chopper gunner does look way to powerful, but the nurfed quickscoping looks great. Now people will actualy have to snipe.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
well maybe if you werent so whiny about cheap deaths, you could enjoy the game a bit more. OHNOEZ i died and i didnt see it coming! i refuse to play this game!