Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
BlackandBlueMage said:
well maybe if you werent so whiny about cheap deaths, you could enjoy the game a bit more. OHNOEZ i died and i didnt see it coming! i refuse to play this game!
There's a difference between cheap and utter bullshit. If I walk around a corner and get shot by a guy hiding behind a couch, fine. I've probably been behind that couch myself a few times.

When I kill a guy, then suddenly go flying from a grenade launcher shot across the map randomly by someone who just respawned? No, that is bullshit.

I wouldn't go as far as to quit the game (yes I would) but it's random things like that that cause issues for the game.

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
For me, Black Ops is all about the Zombie mode. I could not care less about how the MP plays

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
TerranReaper said:
I will say the same thing I said about Second Chance in regards to the perks related to it, if you haven't already adapted to wasting a few extra bullets for the possibility that the enemy player has Second Chance/Last Stand from the last 3(?) games, then you deserve to die. This is based off of speculation and since the game isn't out, I can't say anything for sure.
It's not dying form it that's the problem for me, it's the way it slows down the flow of the game.

TerranReaper said:
I also got to point out, that before the person got Chopper Gunner, the score was "2800ish-800ish", this means that his team had 28 kills to their 8 kills and this also means that the opposing team was terrible. It would not surprise me if they were too incompetent to try to shoot down the chopper, it also wouldn't surprise me if they fed someone into a chopper gunner anyways.
Whihc sucks for you if you're on a team with 5 useless players... they'll keep dying and you'll get punished for it.
That's kind of the problem that plagues ALL team games though, which means it isn't exclusive the CoD series, if you end up with crappy players, it is almost impossible for you to carry them.

bodyguarddied

Oct 25, 2009
The video of the sniper just convinced me that my purchase will be worthwhile. Thank god, maybe snipers won't try and use their gun as a shotgun. Treyarch, I think i love you now...

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Yay no more quick scoping, even though I saw none of it on PC far as I could tell. As for the chopper gunner? It looks nothing special. Like someone said above me, if you get the 11 kills to get that thing, then you deserve it for sure. Take it away from the packages though and I shall be content.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
chemicalreaper said:
Seriously, what do you expect? It's a fucking Vulcan minigun. It tears people apart. That's what it's designed to do.
You do realize he was talking about balance and not how the gun reacts in real life. Frankly, I don't give a fuck about real life when I play a game and giving that Call of Duty is and will always be an arcade shooter with absolutely no ties to realism this simply cannot justify bringing in an overpowered gun into a game like this.

Incidentally, Bad Company 2 did the "chopper gunner" right.

chemicalreaper said:
That might not be a bad thing. People got really good at killing dogs in World at War -- a few months after the game came out, they were practically useless (and they were one of the highest killstreak rewards!).
So what if it was a high killstreak reward? It was perfectly balanced. If you were caught by surprise then you were dead but if you were strategic then you could survive.

chemicalreaper said:
You gotta see this from another perspective -- it's a great anti-camping gadget. There were several times in MW2 (where grenades were woefully underpowered) where three people holed up in a room and just hid there. The RC car would discourage people (especially snipers) from holing up in one place for too long.
I partially agree with this because campers won't have the ability to really camp anymore. Still, look at it from the perspective of other players. You're running around or defending a position only to have a car ruin everything for you. Say you're capturing a flag in Domination and then suddenly this car ruins your day. At least with grenades you can sort of avoid them but this...

Also, grenades were underpowered? I'm fairly sure the sticky grenade exists and I'm even more sure the blast radius is large.

chemicalreaper said:
I think Treyarch will be a lot better about patching stuff than Infinity Ward ever was -- IW got cocky and arrogant because they thought they could do everything without feedback or a public beta, et cetera.

And what else is there to satisfy your need for FPS action? Reach -- eh, unbalanced with terribly designed maps, and people are moving away from it.

Did Treyarch host a beta for Black Ops? Hell, did they even listen to actual constructive criticism?

Also, any Battlefield game. A series million times better than Call of Duty.

chemicalreaper said:
So you follow the good old rule of "Double Tapping" -- make sure you follow their body with your crosshairs as they hit the ground. It worked wonders for me against people in Modern Warfare 2 with Last Stand.

Black Ops, as it seems, is completely based on twitch reflexes as any situation that is "under control" will soon turn to chaos and it can be quite annoying dying when you're on a streak. Hell, just attempting to kill multiple targets will be problematic as it's sort of impossible to pay attention to everything. If he goes down you assume he's dead. Honestly, I wouldn't even give a fuck about last stand if it weren't for the kill streaks. Kill streaks just ruin that game.

chemicalreaper said:
Er, yeah, I can't actually see why that's a bad thing. Quick Scoping was ridiculous and took no skill (thanks to Aim Assist). Now, good snipers will actually have to be good snipers.

This new mechanic can pose a problem when actually attempting to snipe. Say you noticed something near the wall. You immediately scope and shoot only to realize it didn't register. I'm not against ruining quick scoping but I am against ruining sniping if there's even such a thing in Call of Duty.

chemicalreaper said:
Even in airsoft, where weapons are usually lighter than their real-life counterparts and there is no recoil, you can't just pull a scope up to your eye, pull the trigger, and expect your shot to go right where you want it.
What I said above applies here as well.

chemicalreaper said:
The people who will be 'moving elsewhere' will be the ones who cannot adapt to the changes. The ones who 'move elsewhere' will be the people who suck at the game -- the ones who rely on cheap care package rewards, quick scoping, and juggernaut to get a positive kill-death ratio.

I'm actually surprised the Call of Duty series is still going strong. I mean, the changes that were about to ruin the series sort of became obvious by Call of Duty 4. It's amazing that after 2 games in which these changes have finally become obvious people are STILL flocking to it like it's some sort of holy grail.

Call of Duty has become a terrible series and the fact that it's still going shows how naive the masses are.

Also, whilst there are certain changes the "cheapness" is still there and frankly I refuse to pay 60 dollars to play this broken piece of shit. I'd much rather play MW2 since it's basically the same experience except with a minor tweak or two. Hell, I could just go back to Battlefield and forget Call of Duty ever had a sequel past 2.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Actually, I hope it doesn't sell too well..It would be kind of nice to have a new type of shooters to look forward to..*puts up flame shield*

Heatray

Sep 1, 2010
The chopper gunner streak looks like it's gonna piss some people off. Hopefully the STINGER missile returns in this game.

The sniper scope sway is FUCKING AWESOME. If you complain about it, I really hope you stop playing the game. That's probably the smartest thing Treyarch has ever done, and I might buy the game just to reward such forward thinking on their part.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
More like they have fixed sniping. Game is awesome, and of course it will be patched asap

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm going to play the "PC Gamer master race" thing here because it is absolutely painful to watch that woodsey gamer guy slowly lumbering around, inching his sights towards a target.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Yes, I know I'm probably over-reacting guys. But I love the COD series and it will break my geeky little heart to have another game ruined by random, overpowered, flow-breaking, frustrating bullshit, so yeah, I get a little passionate :D
Shipmate, it is not the play mechanics of a game, that ruin that game. It is the players playing it. This has been proven true in every single instance of online multiplayer gameplay.

Your bitching about the mechanics being borked is not without merit, but you seem to be labouring under the impressions that:

A. Treyarch should release a game with no new/cheap/OP/unusual play mechanics, and stick to the tried and true, Fox Only, Final Destination style gameplay that we all know gamers ADORE...

and

B. That players, being players, will not work their butts to the bone to figure out ways to piss you off in the game.

Blame your peers, my friend. They are almost always the ones ruining your experience.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

(OK apparently Im just dopplic today. Oh well. The quote function doesnt like me. Deal.)

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I think this is awesome.
Have a two man team working together. Both get the RC/spyplane kill streak. One calls in plane, other gets RC. Plane finds largest bad guy group, RC chases them down. A few kills later, RC user can now call in chopper gunner, and wrap up the match.
This could be awesome when combined with split-screen online.
Sniping
I love MAG's system. Heavier the gun, a little bit more delay going to scope. When walking, there is wobble*2*gun's weight+breathing
when crouched and moving wobble*1 1/2*gun's weight+breathing
when crouched wobble*1 1/4*gun's weight+breathing
when prone wobble*gun's weight
subtract gun's weight if there is bipod/grip on gun (on prone, no wobble)
It was simple, and nicely balanced on the move sniping and crouching away from the battle. Varying sniper rifles allow a sniper to adapt to the situation. .50 cal is one-shot kill on any but heavy armored guys, but is only really effective on long ranges. second best is better at medium, but has trouble at closer. starter one is better in a smaller-medium field.

This delay for it to work seems to be alienating players unnecessarily. Say I'm playing, but a guy suddenly moves up on me. I run, and then turn, and try to scope at the door. He runs after me, but I can't get a shot because it's wobbling around like crazy. Do a little wobble, but not much. Maybe have it go in small ovals for a second. Good for a close "oh my god, he's right there" kill, bad for longer ranges (be patient) or jumping around.

neolithic

Feb 22, 2009
F-I-D-O said:
This delay for it to work seems to be alienating players unnecessarily. Say I'm playing, but a guy suddenly moves up on me. I run, and then turn, and try to scope at the door. He runs after me, but I can't get a shot because it's wobbling around like crazy. Do a little wobble, but not much. Maybe have it go in small ovals for a second. Good for a close "oh my god, he's right there" kill, bad for longer ranges (be patient) or jumping around.
you have a secondary weapon for a reason.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Slycne said:
Ugh, there has got to be a happy middle ground for quick scoping, because that's just ridiculous.

I also find it really ironic that people are citing it as being realistic when it completely isn't. While it's true that a sniper isn't going to run around like that, the rifle doesn't magically become inaccurate if you don't look through the sights long enough.

Two solutions that I like better would be to increase the time taken to bring the rifle up to sighting it or to decrease the players speed for carrying a typically heavier weapon, like the 30 lbs Barret you see players running around with ease.
Actually most long rifles will wobble a bit if you sight while standing, especially at first because you haven't quite steadied it yet.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Now can you please drop this? It's getting silly.
Ok, I've had enough now.

Get off my thread before you get reported.
Sorry man, I'm not sure you can report someone for stating the truth.