Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
You know how people on The Escapist don't like MW2 rage threads or just threads about them in general?

I do believe the same will happen to Black Ops pretty quickly then.

Also... I guess I just hope they have a match type like Bare Bones in MW2 then, since most of the things you rant about are either good or about killstreaks.

Though I think it is pretty cool that they prevented quick scoping, maybe they could have had it that if you are moving at a certain speed while re-cocking the sniper it gets jammed.

Wait never mind, people would find a way around that fairly easily and quickly.
Good for you Treyarch. And no, it doesn't ruin sniping, it prevents stupid people from sniping and adds a new sense of skill requirement and strategy reorganization.

tipp6353

Oct 7, 2009
Well to be fair, the chopper gunner on a small map you are going to get a lot of kills, and I'm glad that they nerfed quickscoping, it gets old seeing all of the retards hoping up and down. The next time I suggest you should make this thread when the game has come out and when more gameplay has been uploaded, basing your entire opinion off two vidoes is a bit unfair to the game.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
It's pretty clear that the OP has never actually held a firearm. If he had, he'd know that aiming down a sight or scope takes more than a nanosecond. Same with the idiot trying to quickscope.

This has gone from being a repeat of Modern Warfail 2 to being a game i'm actually going to buy. Good job Treyarch. Don't let DICE have the only (semi) realistic sniper rifles.

Edit: WHO USES A BOLT-ACTION SNIPER RIFLE ON A CLOSE QUARTERS MAP ANYWAY?!?!?! Snipers engage targets at ranges beyond that of assault rifles, I.E. 300+ meters. You want to do some CQB? Use an assault rifle or a sub-machinegun!

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
JordanMillward_1 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Now can you please drop this? It's getting silly.
Ok, I've had enough now.

Get off my thread before you get reported.
Sorry man, I'm not sure you can report someone for stating the truth.
*High fives gentleman with utmost respect*

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Good! Quickscoping is finally gone (or at least nerfed)

Chopper gunner, simple with a SAM site or rocket launcher at your disposal.

The RC car only killed 6 people because it was a tight spot, and they were stupid attacking from one direction.

I'm liking the look and liking what I'm hearing (my mates are playing online as we speak, they are telling me everything and it sounds awesome!)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Looks even more rage inducing than MW2. Now I hate to be "that guy" but THIS is why I love Halo. Compared to the clusterfuck of imbalances that has become the new norm for CoD, Reach is pretty nicely balanced, and because there are so few insta-kills and none of those killstreak rewards (WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?!?!) it's really quite relaxing.

Oh, and last I checked Bad Company 2 still exists, and other than the M60, that's pretty well balanced, too (and it actually encourages team-work)......well okay, sniper is a little over-powered, and yes, having to unlock basic class abilities is pretty annoying, but other than that it's fine....

Meh. I'll get this either used or once the price goes down (probably both) and in the meantime Reach is doing a mighty nice job of scratching my online FPS itch.

EDIT- Just realized something. MW2's price never went down, and, disturbingly enough....I can't remember ever seeing it for sale used at Gamestop, and I go there admittedly far too often. Doesn't make me too hopeful for Black Ops getting traded in, either....oh well, there's X-mas.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
chemicalreaper said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
I don't EVER remember seeing a Sniper in any competitive match of Modern Warfare 2. Sniping was even easier than it was in COD4 there, and it was still unusable in any competitive situation because you had to give up your close range advantage.

I'm calling bullshit on your entire argument: snipers kept their close-range advantage because shotguns were secondary weapons. The AA-12 had great range, accuracy, and power -- it was broken to the point that it, for me at least, replaced the Model 1887s after they were 'patched.'

And, no, you're right. Quick Scoping requires slightly more than 'no skill.' Otherwise, yeah, all of the 12 year old kids who play would use it.

But actually sitting on a roof, behind a window, or on a balcony, and zooming in, and waiting for the right moment to take the shot? That requires a lot more patience and a lot more skill.
chemicalreaper said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
I don't EVER remember seeing a Sniper in any competitive match of Modern Warfare 2. Sniping was even easier than it was in COD4 there, and it was still unusable in any competitive situation because you had to give up your close range advantage.
I'm calling bullshit on your entire argument: snipers kept their close-range advantage because shotguns were secondary weapons. The AA-12 had great range, accuracy, and power -- it was broken to the point that it, for me at least, replaced the Model 1887s after they were 'patched.'

And, no, you're right. Quick Scoping requires slightly more than 'no skill.' Otherwise, yeah, all of the 12 year old kids who play would use it.

But actually sitting on a roof, behind a window, or on a balcony, and zooming in, and waiting for the right moment to take the shot? That requires a lot more patience and a lot more skill.
Your argument is flawed. If Snipers kept their CQB advantage because of Shotguns, then the problem was with secondary Shotguns, not Snipers themselves. Everyone knows secondary Shotguns were bullshit, I don't think anyone would argue against that.

Again, go try to do nothing but quick scope in CoD4, see how well you do. Some of the best snipers in the world have around a 1.5 K/D because aggressive sniping is hard. The biggest reason so many people do it is because it adds an element of challenge and skill to an otherwise easy game.

I'll just agree to disagree about camping taking skill. Patience? Absolutely. Skill? I don't consider staring down your scope for 5 minutes at a time and going 8-2 every game to be "skill".

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
im kind of disheartened at the quick scoping thing, not that i was into quickscoping because i blew at it, but my way of sniping was watching over the battlefield unscoped and when i spotted someone i would take a shot at them as soon as my sights were on them, so im hoping it will still be that way.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with the thing.
This is new? Also, it is a lot harder to get now since you can't rely on just your killstreaks to get it.
MiracleOfSound said:
And the dogs are even worse. They are now a one hit kill instead of two.
If you think about it, the dogs are trained to go for the vitals, so a 2 hit kill doesn't make much sense anyways.

Also, if you use a silenced secondary, you can dispatch the dogs without revealing yourself. If dogs are your problem, find a counter measure and stop complaining.
MiracleOfSound said:
Then there's the RC Car. You can get this with a 2-kill streak using hardline, and today I saw someone get a six-man kill with it. Random, luck based bullshit - exactly what ruined MW2.
That is your own, rage-based opinion. You can't state that as a fact. Personally, I despised the extreme amount of accuracy for automatic weapons that could easily kill me from across underpass the long way while I lied down in bushes, but that's my reasoning.
MiracleOfSound said:
Second Chance Pro looks like it's going to be more rage inducing than Commando, Martyrdom and Painkiller combined. Watch at 3.26. Not only will you lose a kill, team-mates can revive people in their auto-dropshot last stand, even if they don't have the perk themselves.
Well with last stand in MW2, you just stayed there waiting to die, sucks huh? And in spec-ops they allowed reviving people, so I don't see why not. You also might not be taking other concepts into your argument, like did they alter the health amount? Speed of health regeneration? How long does it take? Doesn't that make both of them vulnerable? Who will risk their own sorry buttock for someone in last stand with the "they took my kill" attitude anyway?

MiracleOfSound said:
Treyarch have added a mechanic that makes the sights sway erratically all over the place for a second and a half before settling, and during this time you cannot get a kill even if your crosshairs are on the target.
I said this a little while ago, but I shall repeat by saying good. Good for the game they did it this way. Maybe not the best way, but it prevents quick-scoping. Now it adds a stealth aspect to sniping, you know, which is what a sniper should be doing?
MiracleOfSound said:
For the people saying it's more realistic: Since when is it realistic for a rifle to automatically sway randomly around like crazy and a bullet not to go where the crosshair is for a second and a half every time you aim down the sights?
When you just stopped running and are out of breath, trying to fumble with the rifle as quickly as possible and to try to focus even though your heart beat pumps so hard that it shakes your arms, causing it to move? That makes sense.

MiracleOfSound said:
EDIT:
Don't forget I was the one talking up Black Ops for the last few months when everyone else was predicting it would be awful!
Well now your saying its awful either right when it came out for you or before you get it. Though i don't know which since time zones and whatnot. Congratulations.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I hope it's fun, at least. I'd rather rage at people being better than me.
Hopefully it isn't so cheap.

Under the circumstance the sniper was in, he could have just shot the guy.

I'm a bit more curious about the Cross bows.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
TheSentinel said:
You know, you could just play it for the story. No one is forcing you to play multiplayer.
Yes, he and all of us are going to pay $60 for a few hours of playtime.

ZING!

/terriblepun

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Lunar Shadow said:
Slycne said:
Ugh, there has got to be a happy middle ground for quick scoping, because that's just ridiculous.

I also find it really ironic that people are citing it as being realistic when it completely isn't. While it's true that a sniper isn't going to run around like that, the rifle doesn't magically become inaccurate if you don't look through the sights long enough.

Two solutions that I like better would be to increase the time taken to bring the rifle up to sighting it or to decrease the players speed for carrying a typically heavier weapon, like the 30 lbs Barret you see players running around with ease.
Actually most long rifles will wobble a bit if you sight while standing, especially at first because you haven't quite steadied it yet.
Every gun in the world is going to "wobble." It's called aiming.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Quickscoping makes CoD fun, herp derp, seriously so you think being able to run and gun with what is generally a one hit kill is fun, and you talk about the chopper gunner being OP its a small map with little cover, its not going to be like that every single bloody map.

Having the sway will make it so people cant just run around being douchebags, Killstreaks dont stack up so you actually have to kill people with your weapon and not rely on killstreaks to do it so it can be fairly difficult to get a high one.

Only thing i agree with though. The care package changer is a bit douchey and OP, but i think its a Perk which not many people will be carrying around with them.

EvanJO

Nov 8, 2010
Only real question is this - How's the competitive community going to like it? Pubbers opinions on balance is generally shit.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Oh joy. Now we get to put up with another year of "Wahhhh X weapon is overpowered they should take it out of the game" Because all the MW2 bitching clearly wasn't enough. How about you actually get better at the game instead of whining for all to hear?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Oh Treyarch.

Trying to act again like your nonretarded older brother, are you?

Isn't that just precious? ^-^