Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Captain Pirate said:
MiracleOfSound said:
So let's say a little prayer that Treyarch will fix these things soon, or many of the COD community will finally be moving elsewhere.
Damn right.
That Chopper Gunner looked awesome in theory, but now it's even worse!
All the stuff you mentioned.... Fucking hell Treyarch, it's not hard to balance your game. MW1 did it quite well, and it's bloody obvious what your flaws are and how you can fix them.
There's nerfing quick-scoping, and then forcing you to wait TWO TO THREE SECONDS.
In that time a guy can have killed you thrice over.
[small]Yes, I meant thrice, not twice.[/small]

Plus, what's up with that map? Graphics looked really... off.
And what's up with the wierd model people that stood there motionless?
true for chopper gunner, as for the quick scoping... i don't care. I don't find if fun to play with snipers anyway
as for the map, it's a nuke town, as in, nuke testing town. seen the beginning of kingdom of the crystal skull? it's like that.
i'm not a fan of the model peeps though, they'll be distracting as hell. 'hey, i see someone. no wait, it's a doll >.<'

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
archvile93 said:
Or he's just got really lucky with the RC car. Really, nobody of those six guys shot it as it was coming?
Nope, because it came round a corner where they were all together, I presume it was thier spawn.

There's even a little RC route outside the map in Nuketown that lets you drive undetected into the enemy spawn.

Thank god for barebones mode.
I'm willing to bet you can hear it. I have an RC car, they make some decent noise.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
People will have to use a sniper rifle like it's meant to be used. *gasp* THE GAME IS RUINED!

No more children yelling "HARDSCOPE NOOB!" is a good thing.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
To be honest it looks fun; I like the idea of the new perks and the idea you can pick people is a nice addition. Chopper Gunner seems the same like it was in MW2 so Meh it dosn't phase me too much. But regardless Im going to be at my Midnight launch tonight ^____^

I cant wait!!!!

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
SalamanderJoe said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
My point exactly. Sniping means holding ground and providing support, not taking point running into battle and jumping 360 degrees off boxes for Youtube montages.
Finaly some people who understand what REAL sniping is. You guys bring warmth to my heart.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
archvile93 said:
I'm willing to bet you can hear it. I have an RC car, they make some decent noise.
...which brings me to another point.

According to Woody, WingsofRedemption and a few other youtubers, the background noise in the game is really loud, negating the use of sound severely.

We'll have to just see for ourselves tonight!

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
archvile93 said:
Or he's just got really lucky with the RC car. Really, nobody of those six guys shot it as it was coming?
Nope, because it came round a corner where they were all together, I presume it was thier spawn.

There's even a little RC route outside the map in Nuketown that lets you drive undetected into the enemy spawn.

Thank god for barebones mode.
People don't spawn close enough together to get a 6 man kill with the RC car. Those people were retarded. The sort of retarded that makes you smile when they lose spectacularly because they do moronic things in game. Things such as standing next to each other on a small map.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
OMG, TREYARCH IS TRYING TO MAKE SNIPING AS REAL AS POSSIBLE?! THOSE BASTARDS!
Realism does not equal fun.
What's fun is not always balanced.
Really?

Because most people would be of the opinion that balance makes it more fun.
That's the point I'm making. But you seem to think that "quick scoping" is balanced and therefore fun, which Treyarch seems to disagree with (as well as I).

Also, "most people" and "I" are not synonymous, unless you can find some sort of statistic.

Tyrant T100

Aug 19, 2009
Bah I hated quick scoping in God games, update for the better I say.
Also cant wait for steam to let me install it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE_agajFx6g

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
That's the point I'm making. But you seem to think that "quick scoping" is balanced and therefore fun, which Treyarch seems to disagree with (as well as I).

Also, "most people" and "I" are not synonymous, unless you can find some sort of statistic.
You're very wrong there.

I have never quickscoped in my life. I hate quickscoping, and I never even use Sniper Rifles because I'm terrible with them.

My point is that the guns seem to have been nerfed to the point where they will be completely ineffective and redundant, which to me is unbalanced.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Floppertje said:
true for chopper gunner, as for the quick scoping... i don't care. I don't find if fun to play with snipers anyway
as for the map, it's a nuke town, as in, nuke testing town. seen the beginning of kingdom of the crystal skull? it's like that.
i'm not a fan of the model peeps though, they'll be distracting as hell. 'hey, i see someone. no wait, it's a doll >.<'
So they're fake dummies, not just awful AI?
Ok.
I haven't seen Crystal Skull yet, and I barely remember seeing the other Indy films..
Note to self: Rent and watch all Indy movies one night.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:

My point is that the guns seem to have been nerfed to the point where they will be completely ineffective and redundant, which to me is unbalanced.
Since when is it "unbalanced" to encourage players to use a sniper rifle correctly?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Steppin Razor said:
People don't spawn close enough together to get a 6 man kill with the RC car. Those people were retarded. The sort of retarded that makes you smile when they lose spectacularly because they do moronic things in game. Things such as standing next to each other on a small map.
Here it is:

True they were stupid to be so close together. but imagine how annoying the RC Car is going to be in Ground War or Headquarters! Trying to cap a flag with 3 team-mates and BOOM all dead.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I will rage if this game feels like MW 2 all over again :[.

Seriously, I tried telling my friends, "Noo don't buy into this shit again", but they didn't listen.

Anyways, I'm not too worried about the chopper gunner, I'm placing my hopes on that AA turrent you can get with a measly 4 kills.

If I even attempt to snipe, of course I'm going to do from far away.

Either way, I think I'm good.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
Since when is it "unbalanced" to encourage players to use a sniper rifle correctly?
Since the entire weapon class is now very underpowered compared to the other ones.

Honestly, how hard is that to understand?

COD4 got it just right, apart from the ACOG bull. I don't see why they didn't just leave it that way.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Steppin Razor said:
Here it is:

True they were stupid to be so close together. but imagine how annoying the RC Car is going to be in Ground War or Headquarters! Trying to cap a flag with 3 team-mates and BOOM all dead.
Is it really too much for Treyarch to expect players to think? All of sudden Treyarch has to think for people?

Soldiers in real life deal with this danger (i.e. IEDs); is it too much to expect ordinary people to maybe deal with this in a fucking video game?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
The guy in the second video, for want of a better word, is a complete gobshite. Heaven forbid you use a sniper rifle at *gasp* close or medium range!

Chopper gunner and Hardline Pro look pretty bollocks to me, but I'll mostly be playing Local with bots and friends so I'm all good.