Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
omega 616 said:
To be fair, you can't shoot a pred. This is just slightly different, The pred can't be shot but you can hide indoors, the car can be shot but you can't really hide. (unless you climb up some boxes or something).
Well I was also of the opinion that the Pred missile was very unfair too. On open maps there was no way you were going to avoid dying from it.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Who exactly are these "most gamers"?
You know what -you're absolutely right.

You know what you should do?

Go start a poll. Call it 'Do you think partaking in a real life war would be more fun than playing videogames?'

There's your evidence.

Have a nice day.
Prove your own point. Since you "know" what "most gamers" want, which appears to be unrealistic guns with unrealistic properties in a game grounded in reality, it should be quite easy, no? But please, refrain from strawmen. It's quite a waste of effort to attack an argument I'm not making. And I'm not even making an argument really, I'm just pointing out fallacies in yours, hence "most players."

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
razelas said:
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Now can you please drop this? It's getting silly.
Ok, I've had enough now.

Get off my thread before you get reported.
I will if you can answer the question:

razelas said:
Who exactly are these "most gamers"?
Are you serious? Are you joking?

Do you not agree with his statement?

If not, please, go ahead, create a poll on this gaming website and ask everyone to respond seriously.

Poll: Would You Rather Run Around In A Gamee With Unrealistic Weapons Or Go To War And See Your Friends Die?

If you think most people won't give the obvious answer, you're delusional.
I can't remember the word to describe that question but it's along the lines of "do you want to be shot a few times or given a million pounds?" (I'm not thinking of rhetorical).

On topic. I have sore cheeks from watching that sniper try to quick scope, "fail ... fail ... fail ... fail ...", the endless enjoyment!

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
What's fun is not always balanced.
Really?

Because most people would be of the opinion that balance makes it more fun.
I hate to get involved in the apparent clashing of personalities, but I feel obliged to point something out. Every gamer is different, and derives their enjoyment in different ways. There is no 'defining body', if you understand what I mean? It's all very subjective.

You could also argue that game balance is subjective. Take MMO's as one example - they're basically never balanced, because the issue is so delicate. Unbalancing the game can also force the players into adopting new styles and adapting to the changes, so it's not always a bad thing.

Back on topic.. Seeing as the game isn't even released yet, I wouldn't worry too much about any glaring faults. Chances are that when the servers go live and everyone has their copy and is actually playing and experiencing it for themselves, things will change. Right now, people are criticizing the game based solely on what other people tell them. I'm not entirely sure the game's developers are willing to make changes based on third party input.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BelfastSpartan said:
If you get nailed by the same chopper gunner several times you probably deserve it!
MW2 it was called cold blooded.....also there were a handful of weapons to quite easily take down choppers in 1 hit!
The problem with that is

a)spawning next to your team-mates who don't have cold blooded

b) the Chopper Gunner's bullets have an area of effect, so you get hit by splash damage as soon as you spawn

It didn't happen all the time, but enough to be rather frustrating

Shaegor

Oct 29, 2009
I constantly hear this complaining about quickscoping in CoD games, and I'm wondering... Why do people find it so unbalanced? Well yeah, it doesn't exactly go with the point that snipers stand for but what else? I mean, in TF2 at least, quick scoping takes a considerable amount of skill.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
The bots/guys he's playing against could have shot that thing down with one stinger, or the easily gotten anti-air killstreak.

Also, I don't see the problem with the second video. He wasn't sniping, he was quickscoping. If he wanted to run around shooting guys at close range he could have just used any automatic gun.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
razelas said:
See those bolded parts? That's you trying to pass of your opinion as a consensus fact. Who exactly are these "most gamers"? Unless you can back up such statements with ANY evidence, stop using the phrase "most gamers."

Now can you please drop this? It's getting silly.
I think most people can make critical thinking post's without fear of having the semantics of the statement pulled apart for no other reason than to cause an argument.

I've read several of your posts here and they are just nitpicks on how Miracle structured his sentences, could you actually contribute in future please?.

~ColdStorage

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
razelas said:
Prove your own point. Since you "know" what "most gamers" want, which appears to be unrealistic guns with unrealistic properties in a game grounded in reality, it should be quite easy, no? But please, refrain from strawmen. It's quite a waste of effort to attack an argument I'm not making. And I'm not even making an argument really, I'm just pointing out fallacies in yours, hence "most players."
Did you honestly just make an account here to start fights with people?

Run along now, I recommend the Youtube user comments section, you'll like it there... they flame back.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Ugh, there has got to be a happy middle ground for quick scoping, because that's just ridiculous.

I also find it really ironic that people are citing it as being realistic when it completely isn't. While it's true that a sniper isn't going to run around like that, the rifle doesn't magically become inaccurate if you don't look through the sights long enough.

Two solutions that I like better would be to increase the time taken to bring the rifle up to sighting it or to decrease the players speed for carrying a typically heavier weapon, like the 30 lbs Barret you see players running around with ease.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Mazty said:
Modern Warfare 2 was f**king atrociousness and it surprises you that Black Ops is bad? Really?
Yep. Really.

Treyarch made WAW, which apart from the MP40, was the most balanced COD to date.

Oh... hang on... in my opinion.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
omega 616 said:
To be fair, you can't shoot a pred. This is just slightly different, The pred can't be shot but you can hide indoors, the car can be shot but you can't really hide. (unless you climb up some boxes or something).
You can... the guy driving it has to find you, doesn't he?

With the Predator it's just the giant glowing "Shoot Me Here" signs.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
The Chopper Gunner is ridiculous. Way too powerful. Not to mention that the game repeatedly spawns players outdoors and directly into its line of fire. Woody gets 26 easy kills with the thing.
I dunno man. There are new ways to take down air support. There is the 4 kill streak SAM turret that automatically locks on to air support and shoots it down, as well as new launchers, and the Valkyrie rockets that would destroy it in no time. This was a really small map with little cover so I think that's why he raped so much.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I hated the quick scopes of the last game, so thanks Treyarch, also I don't understand how it's ruined snipers or made them obsolete; you use snipers for long range and handguns for close range. The little remote control car bomb looks fun to drive but I doubt it can climb ladders or jump up stairs and considering the amount of time you spend in high ground in the last game it shouldn't be such a problem, though the difficulty in shooting it maybe a concern. Concerning the over the top kill streaks gaining masses of easy kills, I got used to it and when it was my turn to rain down a bombardment of fury, I enjoyed it.

Nukes gone. Love that, I always felt so cheap when using it.

The one thing I dislike the look of is being able to change your air drop reward, I always liked how you'd run up to the red smoke and pray for something good but instead got crushed by an ammunition drop. Then when, eventually, a decent drop came in you panicked ran quickly ,so no one would steal it, and hide away in a secluded part of the map to drop some bombs.

It's looking good, I'm just upset that I have to wait awhile to buy it because my bank account doesn't like me at the moment.

EDIT. I forgot to mention Zombies.

Zombies.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I see you're problem. You were thinking the Call Of Duty multiplayer wouldn't be a hopelessly unbalanced pile of shit, that's full of whiny 10 year olds.

prump1

May 16, 2010
well repeated no realism through retarded snipes from 2 meters away isnt fun either, they made fal for that shit, dont like it play counterstrike.

Nopenahnuhuh

Nov 17, 2009
You guys are making waaaaay too much of a fuss out of this. Each CoD brings new things to the table and takes something away, it's how it works. This CoD not your thing? Stick to a previous version. Simple, easy, effective.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
Thank you! I love what they've done to the sniping. You actually have to hit shit now.