Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
neolithic said:
F-I-D-O said:
This delay for it to work seems to be alienating players unnecessarily. Say I'm playing, but a guy suddenly moves up on me. I run, and then turn, and try to scope at the door. He runs after me, but I can't get a shot because it's wobbling around like crazy. Do a little wobble, but not much. Maybe have it go in small ovals for a second. Good for a close "oh my god, he's right there" kill, bad for longer ranges (be patient) or jumping around.
you have a secondary weapon for a reason.
maybe...
Ok, there's that, but I almost never use my secondary weapons. If I have ten bullets left in a clip in my assault rifle, I use those, then switch. If I'm running with my sniper, I'm not thinking about switching guns. But that's my own idiocy.
That being said, you made a good point. I'd probably learn after dying a couple times.

lightningmagurn

Nov 15, 2009
comadorcrack said:
Give it time. Seeing as the game isn't even officially out yet, I see no reason why we should be panicing in the streets and eating babies.
I'll give it to you though, changing care package... say what?!

Chopper gunner can be shot out of his seat I think though so that balances a little bizzle...
But it's so much fun to do that...

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
chemicalreaper said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Treyarch have added a mechanic that makes the sights sway erratically all over the place for a second and a half before settling, and during this time you cannot get a kill even if your crosshairs are on the target.
Oh my god! You mean snipers will actually have to have patience and be careful with their shots!?

Er, yeah, I can't actually see why that's a bad thing. Quick Scoping was ridiculous and took no skill (thanks to Aim Assist). Now, good snipers will actually have to be good snipers.

MiracleOfSound said:
They have not just nerfed Quickscoping, but utterly ruined sniping. They have such a huge sniping community that this just seems like complete madness.
No, it just means that the sniping community will actually have to get good at sniping. Most of the 'sniping community' probably couldn't shoot for shit without quickscoping -- I say, good riddance to them.
If quick scoping took no skill, then it would be far more popular than it is. I'd like you to go play CoD4 and try to only keep your scope up for about 1 second before firing every shot. Then tell me it's easy.

If quick scoping were overpowered, or in any way imbalanced, Snipers would be used in competitive matches. I don't EVER remember seeing a Sniper in any competitive match of Modern Warfare 2. Sniping was even easier than it was in COD4 there, and it was still unusable in any competitive situation because you had to give up your close range advantage.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Killstreaks are what ruined CoD. That and unbalanced perk system. If they just get rid of that stuff and add more regular weapons and fun stuff that everyone can enjoy things would be so much better. I wonder when will those fucks at Treyarch or IW grow a few braincells to figure that out. I guess IW wont since they're fired and all. Lets hope Treyarch will. I don't care though. I'll get the game on PC and play on servers without killstreaks. PC gamers tend to be more mature (because most PC gamers are older) and they don't like killstreaks as much as console gamers.

As for snipers I think now you have to stand still in order to hit someone. Just like in Counter Strike. That's a good thing IMO. Running around and killing everyone with a sniper is not a good thing. If you have a one shot-kill weapon you should have some actual skill to use it!

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
means its more tactical with sniping, you go with your side arm out instead of the sniper rifle instead, means you need to find a hiding spot and camp harder not just run and gun.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Captain Pirate said:
And what's up with the wierd model people that stood there motionless?
Oh yeah, they're all dummies in a mock-up town like what they test nuclear bombs on... took me a while to figure that one out.... Nuke town it all makes sense now!

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
Amen, i actually agree with you. I only would want the snipes to require a 1-2 second time to settle not a 2-3. That small time will make a difference.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
chemicalreaper said:
AndyFromMonday said:
...I refuse to pay 60 dollars to play this broken piece of shit.
Right. The game isn't due to come out for another 16 hours, and you're a psychic so you already know the game is a broken piece of shit.

Well, to be honest Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is broken as well -- remember the SAW? I do. That's just as broken as Chopper Gunner. Medal of Honor is broken as well -- in fact, it's probably worse than Call of Duty.

So, yeah. If you don't like it, don't play it. But despite how much you claim you "hate" Black Ops (which is interesting: you can't say you don't like something until you've tried it), I reckon that you'll still play this game.

And hey, who really cares if it's 'broken' if it's still fun to play, and capture flags, and shoot people, and blow up RC cars, launch missiles, and not to mention the insane level of customization both online and in local multiplayer.

Besides, just about every game is 'broken' in some way, and most FPS games are 'broken' in very similar ways: MoH had insane lag and unbalanced weapons, BFBC2 had unbalanced weapons, MW2 had unbalanced weapons and quickscoping, Halo: Reach had poorly designed maps and unbalanced weapons, Gears 2 had ridiculous host advantages.
The difference is that they have been patched. MW2 never got really patched and that has left a bad taste in people's mouth. I agree that as long as its fun, its good.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
SalamanderJoe said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
My point exactly. Sniping means holding ground and providing support, not taking point running into battle and jumping 360 degrees off boxes for Youtube montages.
That's not the point though, the point is that a gun, aimed directly at a person's center mass, misses for no discernable reason. There could have been a more subtle way of nerfing quickscoping.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Octorok said:

Like I said - I'm still looking forward to Black Ops, but really. This is silly. Even if any of these problems were problems, and they aren't, Treyarch would fix them.
Just like they fixed the MP40?

If you're right and I'm wrong, I'll be happy because COD will be awesome. but I'm not getting my hopes up.

mythgraven said:
Blame your peers, my friend. They are almost always the ones ruining your experience.
I would never have gotten mad with a One Man Army noob tuber if Ininity Ward had patched it out... catch my drift?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JordanMillward_1 said:
Sorry man, I'm not sure you can report someone for stating the truth.
If he was stating the truth for a reason other than to pick a fight, you might have a point there. You're late to that already-dead party, so mind your own business.

Cmichaels

Jul 14, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
razelas said:
Sorry, but I have a problem when people dictate their opinions as facts. It's a condition called "critical thinking."
Right, let's just end this conversation here because we clearly aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I know you're new here so I'm not going to be a dick about it.

Your tone, however is a little smart-assed and arrogant. Making condescending comments like that doesn't help make your point. If you are willing to discuss this in a civil manner, then let me know and I'll be happy to continue.
Speaking of condescending...
Using a sniper on a small map isn't a good choice to begin with, and chopper gunner doesn't seem to bee that far off from MW2 so no complaints.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
THIS. YES. THANK YOU!

Quickscoping is and stupid thing to have in a game, with the aim assist on consoles it means that you can basically stop trying to aim finely (I.E the whole point of a sniper).

Lern 2 plya Noobs!

fo shneezy

Jun 10, 2010
well personally im glad they added the sway thing to the sniper rifles, quickscoping makes me want to punch something

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Well, there's y'er problem: Snipers aren't meant for close quarters combat. Use an SMG for that.