Black people aren't actually "black" colored, white people aren't actually "white" colored either...

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
LeKiller said:
lucky_sharm said:
So why on Earth do we continue to refer to ourselves and other people like this? It doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't it be more correct to refer to black people as brown-skinned people and white people as light-ish pink-skinned?
It's easier that way, and if people become more politically correct they'll say Caucasian and African American.
This makes me rage hard.

Black people in any other country than America =/= African American.

C'mon Captcha

riles481

Aug 16, 2011
The premise of this thread is pretty freaking goofy, I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be deep or just for some lawls.

also:

LeKiller said:
lucky_sharm said:
So why on Earth do we continue to refer to ourselves and other people like this? It doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't it be more correct to refer to black people as brown-skinned people and white people as light-ish pink-skinned?
It's easier that way, and if people become more politically correct they'll say Caucasian and African American.
False, this assumes that all black people automatically come from Africa and all white people come from the Caucasian Mountains which would technically be politically incorrect. Real political correctness would be infinitely more precise, as well as infinitely more silly and useless than it already is. 8D

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Astoria said:
Calling them brown and pinkish skin is just needlessly pedantic really.
NeutralDrow said:
Besides, "brown-skinned" and "pink-skinned" describes everyone on the planet, or nearly.
We should describe skin colour with HTML hex triplets. I'm #DOCOBO, what about you?

Our perception of colour is really very strongly influenced by our language and culture, by the way:

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Its just easy to generalise the colour of people. Black or white......just easier. Its not a racist thing. If people ***** about that we are gonna have to have one of those paint shade thing you use to chose paint. You will have every shade from white to black and then will put it against their skin, find the right skin tone and then label them correctly.

To be honest this thread is pointless.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Well given that I view the Burning Day Star as a foul abomination that should be shunned. I am white. :p

Disclaimer: I realise that there are people out there that do like to soak up the rays, and you're more than entitled to. Just don't expect to be converting me anytime soon. (or at all for that matter)

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Ickorus said:
LeKiller said:
lucky_sharm said:
This makes me rage hard.

C'mon Captcha
Actually, to me, that is amazingly funny. There seems to be a thing now for americans, where it is more polite to use the term "Afro-Americans" instead of "blacks" or whatever... Even if said person is from Africa or Asia.

I remember an interview with an American journalist and an African athlete. The journalist asked a question about the athlete's Afro-American heritage. The African told him he wasn't Afro-American, but African.
The journalist did not understand. If you're black, then surely you're Afro-American?

LeKiller

Oct 6, 2009
Ickorus said:
LeKiller said:
lucky_sharm said:
This makes me rage hard.

C'mon Captcha
You actually have a very valid point, though you can't really assume someones nationality based on their skin color or -other- features.

LeKiller

Oct 6, 2009
riles481 said:
The premise of this thread is pretty freaking goofy, I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be deep or just for some lawls.

also:

LeKiller said:
lucky_sharm said:
False, this assumes that all black people automatically come from Africa and all white people come from the Caucasian Mountains which would technically be politically incorrect. Real political correctness would be infinitely more precise, as well as infinitely more silly and useless than it already is. 8D
This guy knows what it's about :D

Lhianon

Aug 28, 2011
because it is far more easy to stereotype people based on emotionaly charged colorcoding so you dont have to actually think about why this specific person acts the way she/he acts.
in addition, i like to point out that it is an easy way differentiate yourself from other persons, even if the other circumstances of their lives are fairly similar.