Blackguards Preview - Back to the Hex

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Blackguards Preview - Back to the Hex

If you're most comfortable in a hex grid, you'll be right at home in Blackguards.

Read Full Article

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Is the main protagonist by any chance a silver-haired man named Beralt, or Jeralt? I thought there was some sort of silent consensus on the amount of time that has to pass before a plot can be reused again in the same medium.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
freaper said:
Is the main protagonist by any chance a silver-haired man named Beralt, or Jeralt? I thought there was some sort of silent consensus on the amount of time that has to pass before a plot can be reused again in the same medium.
Witcher 2 isn't the only game ever where you start off in prison or facing execution. In fact that's about 90% of all RPG's ever made. Off the top of my head, Dishonored, Gears of War, most of the Elder Scrolls games, Rayman 2, and Dark Souls all start with you escaping prison.

Anycrap, I am intrigued. Multiple possilbe party members? Tactical RPG combat? Dynamic and organic environments? 40+ hours of gameplay? HEXES?! My hopes are high here. Let's hope it has more depth than Shadowrun Returns did at launch.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Unfortunately, most of my November is already dedicated to X Rebirth. This game will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
For a moment there I was hoping this thing would be a table top RPG. Then I started reading and looking at the pictures.

So, it's a game that plays at being a table top RPG. O' well...