Blade's Wesley Snipes Sentenced to Three Years in Prison

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Infernai said:
Canid117 said:
You're safe for now Cullen...
I'm afraid Alucard of Hellsing agreed to take care of all the daily runnings for Snipes while he's incarcerated..so, Cullen be fucked.

That news my friend is just full on win, go forth Alucard and save us all.

Really though if there were two jurors who were suspected of being biased can't he try for a mistrial and have the case reviewed + possibly re-done?

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
Blade's Wesley Snipes Sentenced to Three Years in Prison

A federal judge has sentenced Blade actor Wesley Snipes to three years in prison on tax evasion charges.

Despite raised concerns regarding the fairness of his trail

Watch out for those "trails" -was that a paper trail? Did they follow it to find out how he evaded taxes?

He may well leave a trail of destruction behind him, too...

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Gudrests said:
Casual Shinji said:
Gudrests said:
Who will save us from the cullens now?....i think we need a new superhero...SOMEONE GET VAN HELSING
I'm afraid he already got jacked for making obscene phone calls to Dracula.
shit...well. anyone got a gun...err a cross shooting crossbow? idk something ill take them all out
We still have Alucard.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
InterAirplay said:
Why is it that the rich are the ones who always pull this shit?
Because the rich are the only ones who make enough money to be able to build up enough back taxes for it to be news worthy. Joe Schmo who owes the IRS $5,000 isn't going to be making the front page of any newspapers any time soon.

-EDIT-
And this is why I support the Fair Tax. The government would save so much money on these investigations, because the only ones who'd be able to dodge taxes would be businesses. And with them, it's easier to hide an elephant in a Volkswagen than to hide the fact that you're not giving the IRS their money.

Pholark

Nov 17, 2010
"Alright, let's see who we have here.. WESLEY SNIPES?! Psh, c'mon guys, Blade sucked balls, this guys effin' guilty."

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I thought this already happened.

I remember Denzel referring to him as a "fellow thespian", which convinced me that one of my favorite actors, Denzel, was probably a pretentious douche. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

Also, I hate to play the race/gender card, but young white celebri-tarts seem to get really light sentences for their crimes respectively. Maybe if he'd try wearing drag... again... and start crying or something they'd go easier on him?

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Damn. I wonder how many people will try to rough him up in prison just because he plays such bad-asses in movies.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
The judge is obviously a vampire and this is just a conspiracy to get Blade out of the way! How is no one else seeing this!?
Jeronus said:
The greatest vampire hunter ever was defeated by taxes. I am sure the judge was a vampire.

FYI: Don't bother trying to change my opinion, either.
Oh...I guess someone did.

OT: The guy probably has a lot more money lying around then most Americans. He should be able to pay his taxes and have quite a bit left over. Come Wes, you were just being greedy.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
It's all a plot by the Witness Protection Program to protect Cullen because otherwise the Twitards would rebel and not even 1000 Blades would prevent that sort of sweaty female fanfiction-writing teenager rage.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This sucks. Unlike a lot of people, I really do like his acting. He was excellent, for instance, in Brooklyn's Finest, which was otherwise a sub-par film. Oh well, here's hoping he learns his lesson cooling off in the pen.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
only thing that charrs my ass about this is the fact how many of our senators and congressmen have had it come out that they filed incomplete or misleading or did not pay taxes at all on stuff they should have payed, and they write the fing laws and none of them ever goto jail just a verbal scolding from their peers and a bit of bad or semi bad press (depending what party you belong to :p) and write a check and all is forgiven.

tho snipes had something coming i mean did the guy not flee the country for years trying to dodge the charges? nevermind trying to falsify tax statements and incomes for the years disputed.

but either way he got 3 years but he will probably serve 1 to 1 1/2 years with good behavior and all, less he goes crazy and does go blade on the other inmates or something stupid.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Jail for tax evasion is stupid. Heck jail for any non violent offence is cruel, just seize assets.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I don't recall these taxes being part of the law not that ive missed anything but we all seem to pay the usual bills but taxes for nearly everything how are we eventually going to afford what we want in the future?.