Blasphemy! Covers that you like more than the original.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I know this has been posted already but there you go

Wow, Sum 41 made Nickelback tolerable

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Kiss me deadly by the reel big fish

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Sacman said:
Andy Shandy said:
I love Dinosaur Jr's cover of Just Like Heaven... they just put there own spin on it... and J always takes the chance during the solo to melt faces as well as talk about his feelings...<.<

Oh so much this!

On topic

I like the Manic Street Preachers cover of Been a Son more than the original by Nirvana.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for bluesy slide guitar :D

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
This is the only one I can think of and I love it even more because my school was doing the play at the time this came out.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
For me, it's the Moxy Früvous live cover of "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. I can't stand the lead singer from the original. He sounds like he's whining. He doesn't sound psycho at all. And the instrumentals just feel so subdued.

Moxy Früvous, on the other hand, had FUN with their cover. And they genuinely did sound crazy, not just in how they sang it, but in their instrumentals as well.

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
mine is less blpamashmys then some of you other heathens, iv always loved the clashes "i fought the law" and considering most people are more familiar with the clashes version then Bobby Fuller Four version its not as big a deal as saying you love alein ant farms cover of smooth criminal

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
one of my favourite songs of all time, only this version though. both halves sound brilliant in their own way

edit: oh, and although i am a massive fan of the irons, this is the only cover of theirs where the cover sounds better. not by much, but ever so slightly...

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
WitherVoice said:
Sympathy For the Devil. I preferred GnR's version over the original by the Stones.
Interesting, I prefer the Neptunes remix myself

Captcha - carpe diem. It's as if the internet is judging me for wasting time on the internet

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
I like a lot of the covers done by Vitamin String Quartet, turning many well known songs into string focused arrangements. It's pretty cool if you ask me and a lot of songs sound gorgeous on strings alone. In particular I'm a fan of their covers of:

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't prefer this version:

and this one is better than the original, although the original is pretty minimal:

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
anthony87 said:
Who needs The Beatles when you've got Jim Carrey?

I was actually planning to post this one. It's pretty awesome.

0z0wen said:
Rise Against's cover of Ballad Hollis Brown, original by Bob Dylan.
Another ninja...

At least this one isn't posted