Blizzard Admits that Titan Is Real

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
ciortas1 said:
the game often feels disjointed and even schizophrenic
SOOOO... The Game hears voices in its head?? Maybe you mean a diffrent mental disorder, but people need to stop confusing schitzophernea with other ones...

With my pet peeve out of the way!

Sounds vauge but promising! Like a random text from a ex girlfriend wanting to meet up ^-^

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Robot Overlord said:
How about finishing Diablo 3 already? You know, a game people actually want to fucking play...
I'm pretty sure that people wanted to play Cataclysm.

I mean, it only made $97809729834792083472094872983834987 bazillion dollars.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Sigh. Diablo III so far away in the near future. Again!

Titan, aye? Sounds interesting, but if it has a monthly fee and requires other people to play the same game with you, I'm not interested in it at all.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Roamin11 said:
ciortas1 said:
the game often feels disjointed and even schizophrenic
SOOOO... The Game hears voices in its head?? Maybe you mean a diffrent mental disorder, but people need to stop confusing schitzophernea with other ones...

With my pet peeve out of the way!

Sounds vauge but promising! Like a random text from a ex girlfriend wanting to meet up ^-^
...you do know there are different kinds of schizophrenia. Ones that don't really involve phantom voices at all.

Anyway, I'm glad they're going for something completely new but I'll remain skeptical till I finally see the end product. Most of their best selling games have been boring to me, and I'm not sure this will be any different.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I don't wanna be pessimistic, but I really don't think they should try an FPS. The last one they tried ended in complete failure (though, to be fair they gave it to other people). I would much rather have a space exploration game. Maybe a StarCraft prequel where everything is fairly recent after the ships crashed into the sector. I would go for that.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Tankichi said:
Exort said:
Tankichi said:
...So they are just making a WoS? Why don't they try working on new things. They used to be great but it seems very money driven to me.
It is said the new MMO is based on a new IP not Starcraft...

I don't even get why making new games equal very money driven...
It didn't say that. Said it is their next gen MMO. It could be based on starcraft and probably will be. If not then i will owe you a coke and apologize. Also when has a company not been money driven? Look at the 88 million dollar lawsuits.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraft/news_6209702.html
Where is my coke:)

If you use example as selling pet in WoW, I would agree but they never expect people to pay those lawsiut it is basicly a legal threat to everyone else, tell people not to make pirate servers. It is quite common way to scare people.
Anyways, I don't believe they are more money driven now as your first post seems to imply.

Also nothing is knowned about this project except it is a MMO set in a new IP, and in Pre-Production.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Titan was one of the large mech's back in the Mechwarrior days (think it was the huge heavy slow moving mech that cost a ton to make) so I'm wondering if they are creating a Mech Warrior MMO of some kind. That would make sense and be totally different then what they have made so far.

We used to play a VR game that was similar to that (it allowed small groups of people to compete and they even had rankings and tournaments) so Blizzard might be running with that concept on a large scale now that technology can allow a MMO to do what the VR games used to. That could be a very addictive and fun MMO if they pull it off. My friends spent thousands of dollars playing those VR games over the years (Think it was $1 a minute or something, been too long).

I'm super happy about the D3 announcement though even if it gets postponed (which it probably will) it might even be out next year!!! I figured 2012 was wishful thinking, but I may get to play D3 before I turn 40 at this point Woot!!!

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone else still hoping this is code for Starcraft: Ghosts? Probably not gonna happen, but a guy can hope, no?

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Anyone else still hoping this is code for Starcraft: Ghosts? Probably not gonna happen, but a guy can hope, no?
No, you can't. Blizzard comfirmed it is set in a new IP, so it isn't Starcraft. However it is rumored to be a MMO-shooter.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Worgen said:
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:
pshhh, given how blizz works, by now everyone should know that unless its actually out, its vapor
The only game I can think of that would give any notion to this is Ghost; other then that, this really has no base.

A futuristic scenery would be a nice change of pace, but only time will tell.
you forget the adventure game that was going to tie warcraft 2 in with warcraft 3, almost finished and suddenly thbhbhbh, its gone.
It was almost done, but they thought that although it was not a bad game, it was not great, and so it would be better not to release it.

But if you think about it, Blizzard has a very low number of cancelled projects in relation to what they release.
most companies dont almost finish a game before deciding not to release it but then again most companies dont have a stupid amount of money
At the time, Blizzard was well-off but not the behemoth it is today. Remember this was before Warcraft 3, hence before WoW. They thought it was better to not release a subpar game, even after sinking a good deal of money in it.
they never said it was subpar, they just said it didnt meet their standards, whatever that means, probably for the best tho, point and click games are story heavy
Blizzard has a famous policy that they only release perfect games, or at least what they think is perfect. Ghost and Warcraft 2.5 were both done, and had cost ridiculous amounts of money, but they weren't perfect, so they scrapped it. Valve have the same policy btw.

I'd heard the rumours before, nice that it is true. But I'm surprised they would admit it. Sounds like an interesting game, but how would they handle lag with an MMOFPS? I would prefer a regular FPS.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
WoW will end when they see fit to make it end.
I seriously doubt Blizz will run out of things to make raids off of, since they can pretty much rez any character they want to and make a whole expansion revolve around them, kill the root of all evil only to have it replaced by someone else, and pull characters out of their ass that people don't seem to know/care about and make them super important characters that you had better bloody know about.

Dear Blizz,

Finish D3, talk about WC4, and THEN I'll care about your new life-stealing MMO that will probably come out in 2020.

love; Torrasque.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
GeorgW said:
Worgen said:
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:
pshhh, given how blizz works, by now everyone should know that unless its actually out, its vapor
The only game I can think of that would give any notion to this is Ghost; other then that, this really has no base.

A futuristic scenery would be a nice change of pace, but only time will tell.
you forget the adventure game that was going to tie warcraft 2 in with warcraft 3, almost finished and suddenly thbhbhbh, its gone.
It was almost done, but they thought that although it was not a bad game, it was not great, and so it would be better not to release it.

But if you think about it, Blizzard has a very low number of cancelled projects in relation to what they release.
most companies dont almost finish a game before deciding not to release it but then again most companies dont have a stupid amount of money
At the time, Blizzard was well-off but not the behemoth it is today. Remember this was before Warcraft 3, hence before WoW. They thought it was better to not release a subpar game, even after sinking a good deal of money in it.
they never said it was subpar, they just said it didnt meet their standards, whatever that means, probably for the best tho, point and click games are story heavy
Blizzard has a famous policy that they only release perfect games, or at least what they think is perfect. Ghost and Warcraft 2.5 were both done, and had cost ridiculous amounts of money, but they weren't perfect, so they scrapped it. Valve have the same policy btw.

I'd heard the rumours before, nice that it is true. But I'm surprised they would admit it. Sounds like an interesting game, but how would they handle lag with an MMOFPS? I would prefer a regular FPS.
wow didnt launch perfect, people seem to forget that it had as rough a launch as most mmos out there even with the long beta, they just had the benefit of not having to go up against something like wow

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Oh, I can't wait for the next industry-purging mega-monster-game to roll around.

Color me jaded, but this announcement does not leave a good taste in my mouth.
The gaming industry has proven that it is rarely more than that in the last few years; a corporate digital factory that churns out the same fucking thing year after year.

Tis' a strange love-hate relationship I have with Blizzard. They made the most popular/profitable grindfest ever, yet their other products are always at least worth looking at because they have real craftsmanship behind them.

I don't want another "WoW" destroying entire gaming communities again, but that's exactly what will happen. It will become mega-popular. I will try it. It will bore me to tears. I will hate it. Then it makes billions, while the PC gaming market contracts yet again as more private investors flee to the console market just so they don't have to compete.
The stupid investors will try to copy the formula, only to die out months later.

We've seen this all before, and we will see it all again.
Perhaps when 2016 rolls around, the only new non-indie/non-console-port PC games will be Grindcraft 2.0, a handful of RTS games, and several hundred Farmville clones.