Blizzard Admits that Titan Is Real

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Blizzard Admits that Titan Is Real

Leaked documents revealed Blizzard's next big MMO project to the media ahead of schedule.

It may have started as a single word in a leaked document [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105892-Blizzard-China-Resignation-Fuels-Launch-Leak-Rumors] of questionable veracity, but Blizzard has confirmed that Titan is real and is something that the studio is currently working on.

Speaking at the Spike Videogame Awards, Blizzard VP and World of Warcraft executive producer Frank Pierce said that Titan was Blizzard's next-gen MMO. The media wasn't supposed to know anything about it though, Pierce said, as Blizzard was only talking about it to potential new recruits.

Pierce didn't go into any more detail about the game, so we can only speculate about what it might be. Rumors circulated at the start of the year that Blizzard's next MMO would be a futuristic first person shooter, but with literally nothing to go on other than the name - which may be just a code name - it's impossible to say with any degree of certainty.

Other details on the list, which now seems a heck of a lot more solid, include the release window for Diablo 3 - Q4 2011 - as well as the next two World of Warcraft expansions - Q2 2012 and Q4 2014. Blizzard likes to take its time with its games however, so even if the dates are genuine, they're likely just genuine projections and certainly won't be set in stone.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/vgas-interviews-mortal-kombat-and-blizzard-189714.phtml]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Colour me very interested. If they can make new landscapes, new setting with the polish, enjoyment and pleasure of WoW in a completely different universe, then, in my strange mood, I will buy the hell out of it.

Somehow.

Calumon: But I like having you around! : (

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yay. Dtoid was the source!

Anyway, I think it's more more of a codename at this point. Anything could happen, and anything could change.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
pshhh, given how blizz works, by now everyone should know that unless its actually out, its vapor

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
as well as the next two World of Warcraft expansions - Q2 2012 and Q4 2014.
well this part is obvious, the 2year cycle of wow expansions is widely known.

heaventorn

Apr 6, 2009
Worgen said:
pshhh, given how blizz works, by now everyone should know that unless its actually out, its vapor
The only game I can think of that would give any notion to this is Ghost; other then that, this really has no base.

A futuristic scenery would be a nice change of pace, but only time will tell.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:
The only game I can think of that would give any notion to this is Ghost; other then that, this really has no base.

you forget the adventure game that was going to tie warcraft 2 in with warcraft 3, almost finished and suddenly thbhbhbh, its gone.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
I think we can expect to be playing this game in around 2027.

Blizzard releases games at the speed of erosion but you can be sure they're always worth it.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Worgen said:
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:

you forget the adventure game that was going to tie warcraft 2 in with warcraft 3, almost finished and suddenly thbhbhbh, its gone.
It was almost done, but they thought that although it was not a bad game, it was not great, and so it would be better not to release it.

But if you think about it, Blizzard has a very low number of cancelled projects in relation to what they release.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
So there will be a WoW movie. Fuck. Just... Fuck. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, doesn't mean I have to like it

JerrytheBullfrog

Dec 30, 2009
Robot Overlord said:
How about finishing Diablo 3 already? You know, a game people actually want to fucking play...
People don't want to play a new MMO by the people making the most popular MMO in existence?

Also, by the chart that revealed Titan, D3 is scheduled for Q4 2011, so.

Fr said:
anc[is]So there will be a WoW movie. Fuck. Just... Fuck. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, doesn't mean I have to like it
We've known about the Warcraft movie for years.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:

It was almost done, but they thought that although it was not a bad game, it was not great, and so it would be better not to release it.

But if you think about it, Blizzard has a very low number of cancelled projects in relation to what they release.
most companies dont almost finish a game before deciding not to release it but then again most companies dont have a stupid amount of money

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Worgen said:
tautologico said:
Worgen said:
heaventorn said:
Worgen said:

most companies dont almost finish a game before deciding not to release it but then again most companies dont have a stupid amount of money
At the time, Blizzard was well-off but not the behemoth it is today. Remember this was before Warcraft 3, hence before WoW. They thought it was better to not release a subpar game, even after sinking a good deal of money in it.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
It actually looks like a Starcraft MMO.

Oh, fuck you Blizzard. That's just trying to 1-up Games Workshop. Eat a barrel of dicks.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Robot Overlord said:
How about finishing Diablo 3 already? You know, a game people actually want to fucking play...
Blizzard isnt made of 10 people. They can work on 2 games at once.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Chibz said:
It actually looks like a Starcraft MMO.

Oh, fuck you Blizzard. That's just trying to 1-up Games Workshop. Eat a barrel of dicks.
a) Titan is a new intellectual property, not a Starcraft game.

b) Newsflash: Games Workshop isn't the inventor of sci-fi.