Blizzard Announces Diablo III Release Date

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Blizzard Announces Diablo III Release Date

The long-awaited action RPG arrives early summer.

The long wait is over! Blizzard announced today that Diablo III, the highly anticipated RPG will launch early this summer on May 15th. Eager fans can digitally pre-order the upcoming action-RPG through Blizzard's website [http://www.blizzard.com/games/d3/] and start preloading the game today.

"After many years of hard work by our development team and months of beta testing by hundreds of thousands of dedicated players around the world, we're now in the homestretch," said Blizzard CEO and cofounder Mike Morhaime. "We look forward to putting the final polish on Diablo III over the next two months and delivering the ultimate action-RPG experience to gamers worldwide starting on May 15."

Diablo III sends players to New Tristram, the small village built near where the series began, as they battle to free the world of Sanctuary from the demonic forces of the Burning Hells. Players can pick from one of five character classes, each with their own unique skills.

Diablo 3 will retail for $59.99, and a special collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include behind-the-scenes content, the Diablo III soundtrack, exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II and more. WoW players can also nab Diablo III for free when they sign up for an Annual Pass before May 1st.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Cool, I guess. I'll watch the campaign LP's and read the story off the wiki to figure out what happens, and then maybe pick it up from the bargain bin in a couple years. Unless it, you know. Turns out to be any good.

Now, Heart of the Swarm, on the other hand...

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Now to see how Torchlight 2 responds.

Maybe now that you guys have a official release date you can finally do the rest of those "Escapist Pre-Diablo Videos".

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
A lot of hype for this game, I sense dark times coming.

Despite this I'm looking forward to it, seems like good time to get invested in this franchise.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
AC10 said:
I just want Torchlight 2.
Pretty much this. I don't like what Blizzard did with Diablo 3. Also what's the deal with the 60 dollar price tags. Not cool.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
AC10 said:
I just want Torchlight 2.
It's interesting to me you come on a lot of these D3 news threads saying you just want T2. But then why do you bother looking at the news articles with titles about D3.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks? And it has always on DRM? And a real money auction house? Holy shit they have big balls. I guess they assume we're all so eager to get Diablo 3 that we'll ignore all their BS, but I really hope we're not. It's time to stand together, people!

Spaec

Oct 23, 2009
"collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include [ ... ] exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II"
Screw you Activision for tainting this big a thing for gaming. This even eclipses EA's Mass Effect 3 shenanigans. ._.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
GeorgW said:
Wait, it's gonna cost 60 bucks? And it has always on DRM? And a real money auction house? Holy shit they have big balls. I guess they assume we're all so eager to get Diablo 3 that we'll ignore all their BS, but I really hope we're not. It's time to stand together, people!
The Blizzard Activision union was the most unholy thing to ever happen in the gaming industry. Its like Satan having a love child with Kali at least as far as greed goes.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Ahhhh, finally a release date. A month before the most important exams of my life. FUCK YEAH.

Caniroth

Mar 23, 2011
Spaec said:
"collector's edition will be available for $99.99. The collector's edition will include [ ... ] exclusive content for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II"
Screw you Activision for tainting this big a thing for gaming. This even eclipses EA's Mass Effect 3 shenanigans. ._.
How? You get a non-combat pet in WoW, some special gearcolors in Diablo 3 and a couple of different avatars in Starcraft 2.. which is all cosmetic.

It's not even in the same league as Mass Effect 3.