Blizzard Cheekily Delays Diablo 3 to 2012

SpaceGnome

Apr 23, 2009
i have said this so many times, its better for a game to be finished than released on time.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
They need to work on the PC port I see...
Zing!

With the controller announcement they showed their hand that this game was designed from the ground up for consoles.

And anyway there is no offline single player, no lan multiplayer. It isn't really diablo, it is more like blizzard's take on guild wars. Just remember kids, if you don't connect to their server you can't get their "important marketing messages".

D3 no, Torchlight 2 yes.
I really hope both of you are joking...
A consoles version is not even confirmed yet.

Grey_Focks said:

They've pretty much made it so now every single character of a given class is going to be identical, with the only "character building" options now being what items you have equipped and runes.
though.
Its actully work almost exactly the same way it worked in Diablo 2.
In Diablo 2 you had 1 skill point in most skills and 20 points in few selected skills so you can use almost everything but only a few effectivly.
In Diablo 3 you have all the skills and a few with a very rare and very expensive rank 7 rune that make the skill significtly more powerful then the other skills.

to sum things up:
1 point in nearly every skill (Diablo 2) = get all the skills in level 30 (Diablo 3).
20 points in a few skills (Diablo 2) = rank 7 rune in 6 skills(Diablo 3).

Also worth mentioning that the 6 active skills you have in Diablo 3 is far more skills then what you used in Diablo 2 (usually 2-3).

And for people complaing that the Auction House will ruin the game for people who are not buying stuff with real money, how exactly it will do that? You don't want to play with people who bought stuff online then don't no one is forcing you.

Regarding the online only I'm just going to state the obvious that probably 90% of the people here don't have any connection problems what so ever.

Don't want the game fine but at least don't give silly reasons to why you're doing it.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Daemonate said:
Blizzard isn't the same company and this isn't the same franchise. It should have a new name.
Pffff. You can raise that complaint again when your game has turned in to first person shooter(slash 'em up in this case?) a la X-COM and Syndicate. In fact, just be happy it hasn't :p

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
I don't care anymore, the Blizzard i once fell in love with is dead. Starcraft 2 was not the Starcraft-sequel i had expected. The games useless DRM, no LAN-support, region-locked multiplayer, a crappy new version of Battle.net and a terrible single-player story made an otherwise decent strategy game unplayable to me. The fact that Diablo 3 will require you to always be online and save data on blizzards servers is to me ridiculous and i will not buy the game, besides the guys who originally created Diablo now works on a game called Torchlight 2, follow the people not the studios!

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Blizzard, should I just go ahead and spoil it for all the fans? Oh, really? Okay.

Okay people. Diablo III is a big practical joke by Blizzard. Do you really think that they would in good faith make it always online? Seriously, it's just a joke, they originally planned to end it after the second game. I mean you killed Diablo in hell... it just doesn't get any deader than that.

So... surprise! Diablo III is never coming out.

[/joke]

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
ZippyDSMlee said:
You won this thread.

It's not really surprising but this time I don't think anyone really care expect hardcore fanboys.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
How do they do it? Blizzard's "sequels" are just slightly improved remakes of the previous game, and they somehow manage to take forever to do that.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I've pretty much stopped caring, the diablo clones are coming out faster then freaking diablo! I'll play them.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
who's surprised by this new...? anyone...? okay, good. honestly, i wasnt even expecting to see this game in 2012...and i kind of still dont

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
If this is true, I'm glad because I've still got to save up for a decent gaming computer before I can play the game.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Zing!

With the controller announcement they showed their hand that this game was designed from the ground up for consoles.

And anyway there is no offline single player, no lan multiplayer. It isn't really diablo, it is more like blizzard's take on guild wars. Just remember kids, if you don't connect to their server you can't get their "important marketing messages".

D3 no, Torchlight 2 yes.
was torchlight any good?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i knew it.

but i support this tactic. its better to delay the game and make it good, like blizzard do, than to rush it out and make it crash enough times not to want you to finish it even (yes im talking stalker).

Zwilorg

Sep 11, 2008
They will never release any of those games in time! it is all a plot!

They know the world ends in 2012 that´s why they are delaying the damn games!

haha :p

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Vault101 said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Zing!

D3 no, Torchlight 2 yes.
was torchlight any good?

I liked torchlight a lot but it wasn't perfect. It had a lot of interesting features such as the pet that runs back to town to sell vendor trash. It was an excellent spiritual successor to d2 even though the budget and dev team were much smaller so it didn't have nearly as much content.

But overall it was a great game and t2 is shaping up to fix all of the deficiencies.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Soods said:
I was already getting worried they might release a half-assed product, but this proved me wrong. Too bad I can't spend next Christmas playing D3, though.
My thoughts exactly... it looks like this won't be a very demonic Christmas after all. :(