Blizzard Confirms Cataclysm Release Date

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Sweet, just got my rogue up to 80 last week. Been really getting into WoW and I can't wait to see what they do with cata.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
Xerosch said:
Wow... I'm a casual WoW player but found this news to be rather exciting... Guess I'm more infested than I thought...
I'm not even a WoW player and I find this news exciting :) As much as I may dislike the game I must admit, for all its faults and evil corporate massiveness (haha) it's still an impressive feat.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
After Blizzard screwed me with my account after it was hacked/stolen, I went back to EVE with CCP.

Besides, now days supporting Blizzard means supporting Kotick...and who in their right mind wants to do that?!

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Bah, I won't be able to miss class that week, but my schedule is such that I should still be able to hit 85 that week. Helps that one of my classes is canceled that week :D

Edit: Dammit, one of my finals is that week (Weds, grrr) instead of finals week.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Getting to level 85. That's more impressive than a degree, easily!
Eh rogues are 10 a penny although I suppose "Levelled a rogue to 85" would look better than "2:2 Media Studies". Warrior's where all the love is, everyone loves a tank :)

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
John Funk said:
8bitmaster said:
finally! Its not that I care about cataclysm, its that I care that after cataclysm releases, blizzard gets to work on heart of the swarm!
Uh, you do know that the WoW dev team and the RTS dev team (and the Diablo dev team, and their fourth MMO dev team) are completely separate, right?
yes, but blizzard claims they aren't doing anything on heart of the swarm until cataclysm is released. I believe that is why nothing of it is shown at blizzcon.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
*Cries* Why are the WoW development team so much quicker than the Diablo team? I just want to play Diablo 3.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
It seems that many college students will be facing their own personal Cataclysms, however, as the disaster strikes the world of Warcraft right at the onset of finals season. But come on, guys, what's more important: getting a good grade or getting your Rogue to level 85, huh?
I'm actually going to be in the process of taking my finals the week it comes out. The world of Azeroth will simply have to wait for Fengor The Mighty Barbarian to save it from Deathwing's wrath so unlce sam can continue paying my tuition and indirectly allow me to keep paying the subscription fee. :3

Now I just need to call gamestop and have them change the shipping address so its waiting for me when I get home for the holidays.

Red Right Hand said:
*Cries* Why are the WoW development team so much quicker than the Diablo team? I just want to play Diablo 3.
Because the WoW dev teams are working with a game that's been around and running for comming up on 6 years. The Diablo 2 team is, however, building a game from the ground up and holding it to the Blizzard gold standard. Patience young padowan, Blizzard will release Diablo 2 when the WoW dev team begins to riot over the amount QQ thrown at them on a daily basis from the forums.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
Patience young padowan, Blizzard will release Diablo 2 when the WoW dev team begins to riot over the amount QQ thrown at them on a daily basis from the forums.
Patch 4.1 = Diablo 2

Genius.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Well, that explains the odd dates I got when I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition through Amazon...
Indeed. I'm hoping that I ordered my in time that I'll actually GET a Collector's Edition. I'd hate to get an email saying, "Sorry, we ran out..."

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Isn't that Pearl Harbor Day here in the US?

Not that it's on purpose or significant, but, wow, a day of infamy indeed (at least if we are describing what me and my guild will get up to that day)!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, since we are tangentially on the subject: Pearl Harbor sucked, babe, and I love you.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Getting to level 85. That's more impressive than a degree, easily!
Absolutely.

I've never seen no frilly-dilly-pants-wearing learner boy down Trial of the Grand Crusader.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
God Damnit, I guessed and booked the last 2 weeks of November off, go back to work on the 6th.

Fucks sake.