Blizzard Officially Announces BlizzCon 2010 in October

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Blizzard Officially Announces BlizzCon 2010 in October

If you're looking forward to this year's annual celebration of all things Blizzard, mark your calendars and make your reservations in Anaheim, California, for October 22nd and 23rd.

Hey, remember back in February when an accidental listing on the website of the Anaheim Convention Center led to rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98049-Rumor-Blizzcon-2010-In-Anaheim-on-October-22nd] that Blizzcon '10 would be held in Anaheim on October 22nd? Well, they're not rumors anymore: Blizzard has officially announced its annual festival-slash-nerdgasm for the end of October this year.

A celebration of the global communities surrounding its three flagship properties - Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo - BlizzCon is personally one of my favorite events of the year, and I know that the Blizzard folks have a blast with it too. So it's really no surprise at all that it'll be returning, especially in a year slated to see two big major releases: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm [http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-Pc/dp/B000ZKA0J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278961442&sr=1-1].

"BlizzCon offers us a great opportunity to meet with our players and share our enthusiasm for gaming with one of the most passionate communities in the world," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're looking forward to providing another great show filled with entertainment, competition, and the latest information about Blizzard Entertainment games."

At last year's BlizzCon, we saw the announcement of WoW: Cataclysm, the reveal of the new Monk class in Diablo III [http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Pc/dp/B00178630A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278961482&sr=1-1], and got our hands on the Wings of Liberty single-player. So what could be in store for this year? We'll almost certainly get more Cataclysm stuff (if it isn't out by then, it'll likely be in the final phases of the beta), the fifth and final Diablo III class, and possibly a look at the Zerg campaign for StarCraft II. Perhaps we might also see the reveal of Blizzard's long-rumored fourth title, the "next-gen MMOG"? Probably not, but it's not out of the question.

Of course, you can bet that The Escapist will be right there on the show floor to cover all of the juicy reveals. We wouldn't miss it for the world. If you're lucky enough to get one of the tickets before they sell out in roughly five seconds, maybe you'll be able to see us there!

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
ahh, on my b-day, too bad. would like to go one year, but if they keep doing it on my b-day weekend, then it'll never happen.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
uppitycracker said:
ahh, on my b-day, too bad. would like to go one year, but if they keep doing it on my b-day weekend, then it'll never happen.
what a coincidence it starts on my b-day as well :D

I went for the first time last year and while I enjoyed it I'm still pretty fumed we ended up paying 3x the ticket price to buy from a scalper :mad: and then that's not to bore you with the horror story we went through with our flights over there.

While every fiber in me wants to go this year (especially since it will be my 21st b-day) I just don't want to fight that crappy ticket sales system only to be 66th in line for a ticket and have them sell out to fucking scalpers (oh and I've just remembered I'd have to miss school to go as well). Scalpers really do piss me off, I just wish someone would come up with an effective way to thwart the greedy fuckers so honest people can buy their tickets at the right price not some overinflated "fuck you I have tickets" price.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
uppitycracker said:
what a coincidence it starts on my b-day as well :D

I went for the first time last year and while I enjoyed it I'm still pretty fumed we ended up paying 3x the ticket price to buy from a scalper :mad: and then that's not to bore you with the horror story we went through with our flights over there.

While every fiber in me wants to go this year (especially since it will be my 21st b-day) I just don't want to fight that crappy ticket sales system only to be 66th in line for a ticket and have them sell out to fucking scalpers (oh and I've just remembered I'd have to miss school to go as well). Scalpers really do piss me off, I just wish someone would come up with an effective way to thwart the greedy fuckers so honest people can buy their tickets at the right price not some overinflated "fuck you I have tickets" price.
haha my b-day is the second day of the event. hooray october babies!

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
Pretty close to where I live
Might give it a go if my schedule cooperates

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I already I won't be able to attend, so I'm counting on you folks at the Escapist to keep us posted on what's happening!! :)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Be good for all the WoW fans. I got a friend of mine wanting to go and he is totally in air about it, he cant wait!

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Always wanted to go there ! Too bad my job is always keeping me away from this . I just cannot ever get a vacation for Blizzcon ( it's always in odd dates ) . Me living in Europe also adds to the difficulty ...eh maybe one day.

Hope all of you Blizz fans that get there have a great time ! I'll be watching you on my livestream :(

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Not quite on my Bday but pretty damn close. Last years was pretty fun. Not sure if I'll go this year or not. I probably will since I have so much damned vacation time saved up at work and nothing better to do with it.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Hey Funk, just curious, but what are the odds of Escapists being able to meet with some staffers? Even if it's just a quick shake of the hand and we're on our separate ways, it'd be cool to meet some of you guys face-to-face. :D