Blizzard Opens StarCraft II Beta Opt-Ins

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Blizzard Opens StarCraft II Beta Opt-Ins

Have you bought a Blizzard game since Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition? Want to be one of the lucky StarCraft II beta testers? Now's your chance.

So, have you heard about StarCraft II? Yeah, people are looking forward to it or something - so I've heard, anyway. Apparently there's a "bay-ta" or something coming up, go figure. Man, who'd be interested in that sort of thing?

Oh, right. I would. Whoops.

Here's how you do it:

1.) Go to Beta Profiles [http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y] page. (You will need to have a Battle.net account for this, which you should be able to set up if you've purchased any Blizzard title in the last 13 years)
2.) Download the app there and let Blizzard's far-reaching fingers scope out your computer's specs - one would assume that they'd be looking for some low-end machines as well as higher-end machines, since they've always been good about making sure their games are optimized for less-powerful gaming rigs.
3.) Upload the results.
4.) Keep your fingers crossed!

It might be worth looking back to last July - the Wrath of the Lich King Opt-In opened at the beginning of the month, with the actual beta test starting about two weeks later. So ... not long now.

Interestingly enough, if you received a WotLK Beta Key from Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational '08 in Paris, but for some reason didn't use it? Well, unclaimed keys can apparently also be used for SC2 [http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/wrath-of-the-lich-king-beta-keys-usable-for-starcraft-ii/?gr_i_ni]. Go figure.

Who knows, perhaps we'll be lucky to meet on the field of battle! Beta-battle, that is.

...Somebody call for an exterminator?

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/blizzard-opens-beta-test-opt-in-for-starcraft-ii/])

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Kinda lame that the system check tool only recognizes the C: Hdrive...It makes my PC speccs real bad, since my C: drive has less than 35 gb...

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
I wonder if my Intel Integrated Graphics chip will be what they're looking for.

carpenteria

Master Draftsman
Mar 27, 2008
Hot dawg, its about time!

Tenmar said:
Wow I had 3 different b-net accounts and none of them allow me to log on...strange.
Pretty sure they mean the new and improved battle.net... none of the old accounts get linked to it, for whatever reason.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Hope I qualify as a low grade user. Would suck if my computer could not run the final version.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Tenmar said:
Wow I had 3 different b-net accounts and none of them allow me to log on...strange.
If you are using old games, you need to go to add game and put in the CD key since the old accounts don;t work because it was possible to make one without a key. You can also merge it with your WoW account if you used or still play it.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Ha, your puny firebats have nothing against my Hydras.

Bow before the Swarm, you pitiful excuses for organized life. The Queen of Blades shall rule once more.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

Bow before the Swarm, you pitiful excuses for organized life. The Queen of Blades shall rule once more.
oh shush, my Protoss mother ship (because fathership is drunk and is currently unavailable) is going to send the 2 of you in another plane to finish your fight!

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
cainx10a said:
Flying-Emu said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

oh shush, my Protoss mother ship (because fathership is drunk and is currently unavailable) is going to send the 2 of you in another plane to finish your fight!
Well since it's an aerial unit, I need only to use my Defiler's Dark Swarm (is that what it's called? The cloud thing?) and then my Hydras are completely free to eat your puny starship.

Oh, and need I mention Carrier-Killers? Which will undoubtedly be the key unit in wiping out Motherships?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
cainx10a said:
Flying-Emu said:
CantFaketheFunk said:

Well since it's an aerial unit, I need only to use my Defiler's Dark Swarm (is that what it's called? The cloud thing?) and then my Hydras are completely free to eat your puny starship.

Oh, and need I mention Carrier-Killers? Which will undoubtedly be the key unit in wiping out Motherships?
O-kay, I guess I'll just need to head to a galaxy far far away, hopefully inhabited by an ancient and evil alien race that I'll accidentally awakened and that will decimate the rest of galaxies. -cough- Alien Pandas!!!

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
cainx10a said:
O-kay, I guess I'll just need to head to a galaxy far far away, hopefully inhabited by an ancient and evil alien race that I'll accidentally awakened and that will decimate the rest of galaxies. -cough- Alien Pandas!!!
Shit. The playable race

developed by the Terrans through fusions of Zerg and Protoss in Brood War!