Blizzard Reveals Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

Afro Man

Feb 3, 2011
Reveras said:
Fappy said:
Zero asked the same question:

In all seriousness Blizzard... Kung Fu Panda? Come on guys.

Yes, I will not get over it. Don't even try to convince me.
I'm not a fan of the milking either buuuuut they had Pandas and stuff since WC3. Pandaren Brewmaster. So no, no Kung Fu Panda there. Just Blizzard milking old ideas continuously.
Awesome, loved Mega Man X4!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, that trailer was sweet, and I'm looking forward to this.

Call me a rabid Blizzard fanboy if you must, but from the beginning, I've thought this was a good idea. It really was only a matter of time until the Pandarens got some spotlight, so why not make an expansion out of it?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Fappy said:
Zero asked the same question:

In all seriousness Blizzard... Kung Fu Panda? Come on guys.

Yes, I will not get over it. Don't even try to convince me.
If you view things only in terms of Black and White, then you cannot see the bear itself.

-Ancient Pandara proverb
That's funny, because I've played both Pokemon Black and White and found Cubchoo quite easily in both. [/sarcasm]

Stopped playing WoW just after Ulduar in WotLK, glad I stopped then.

captcha: i am fine

Yes, I am Captcha.

Blarkuntvhite

Feb 19, 2011
Guys! Don't you know? Kung Fu Panda takes place in the World of Warcraft universe.
The panda in the trailer is a much older Po.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I haven't played the game in a long time (pre-WoTLK), but to me, this expansion is actually a breath of fresh air.

I mean, it's always "srs bsns" with something threatening the world to destroy it and eat everyone's nipples, but this expansion is actually quite refreshing. Not just for the trailer, wich is amazing BTW (it's Blizzard after all), but for everything that's going to have.

I think that this expansion is more of "discovery", finding a new race, new culture, new places to explore, new class... there's lots of "news" for such an old game. I mean, of course there's going to be raids and some big bad dude somewhere, but that's not the focus of the expansion.

I'll may consider getting this... after GW2 of course (people tend to forget you can play both games perfectly fine).

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Interesting way they've gone with the pandaren, as glad as I am to see they have implemented them into the game, there's no way this will bring me back to it
The game has just gotten worse and worse after each expansion, and I doubt this one will break that chain.

Here's waiting for Guild Wars 2! Just one more week, no subs is great :D

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
This seems interesting enough, as it might be the first time I can play how I usually play(as a dungeoneering explorer) without feeling like I'm missing much of why there is an expansion. I've always just found raids to be very unfriendly in my opinion. As much as I hate to say it, I played WoW as more of a loner. I enjoyed the different landscapes and small questlines for each of the countries. It was interesting and allowed me to fully see, and in my eyes, flesh out the world. Having to deal with other players was annoying though. I spec'd as a tank, as it worked best while doing solo quests in being able to handle myself, but in dungeons, either it goes fine and I never see the players again, or the DPS people rush it, drag too many mobs, get me or someone else killed, and say I'm a shit tank before they gave me a chance to actually tank. Of course, I would then aggro a boss or shit ton of mobs, kite them back to the rest of the group, then get us all killed in a passive aggresive "fuck you" to idiotic DPS people. Raids feel like they would would either fix, or exacerbate the problem. Either more people would blame me, or no one would, as I wouldn't be the only tank.

Anyway, seems interesting, but I wish they would finish up all the old lore and just have us kill the Old Gods already. so I feel like they can truly begin to expand more so without those badasses still drawing breathe within the elemental planes and such.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
The Human Torch said:
Ashannon Blackthorn said:
The Human Torch said:
DarkhoIlow said:
So much hate on wow from Escapist people,wow,I'm not that surprised though.I found the trailer quite amusing and of great quality(of course,it's Blizzard).

I already preordered Collector's Edition and I can't wait to play it.

So haters shoo! :p
Hey, enjoy your game, just don't expect everyone to share your opinion. :)
Actually a few million do... so shoo :)
So, because a few million like a game, the remaining billions are not allowed to not like it? Right, shoo yourself. Blizzard fanboys are terrible.
Hey! I will not tolerate that! Why would you even say such a thing? Discriminating like that, as though any other group of fanboys better. We need to strive for equality, and realize that all fanboys are equally as annoying and in need of a slap back to reality.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Eien Shushu said:
I liked the part where it was an intense battle, and a single blow connected could mean certain defeat.
But then a panda happened, and it went all the way to slapstick comedy for some reason.

And why would a bearded gentleman use a piece of wood when he had such a good knife?
And if he wanted to make a spear, why wouldn't he use it as a spear?!
So many questions.
A better question is, did the human have the right skills?

If he was say, a skinner/leatherworking and not a miner/blacksmith. That would explain him having a hunting-knife and not being able to create very good improved weaponry.

Eien Shushu

Mar 3, 2012
Nikolaz72 said:

If he was say, a skinner/leatherworking and not a miner/blacksmith. That would explain him having a hunting-knife and not being able to create very good improved weaponry.
And why would he make himself a spear, when there's no mounted combat in WoW?
Why did silly panda ask a question that it already answered a moment ago?!
Why, oh why did an orc and a human made silly "DUUUUUUUH" faces and became friends!?!?

My head hurts now!

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Eien Shushu said:
Nikolaz72 said:

And why would he make himself a spear, when there's no mounted combat in WoW?
Why did silly panda ask a question that it already answered a moment ago?!
Why, oh why did an orc and a human made silly "DUUUUUUUH" faces and became friends!?!?

My head hurts now!
Because spears were invented before mounted-combat ever was a thing. Its easy to make and useful. And Magic.

Because Ninja's thats why. And Magic.

Because - Friendship is Magic.

Nikolaj Bilgrau

Apr 26, 2010
Mega Messiah said:
toomuchnothing said:
Its too bad because I would have liked a reason to ride around on my old ZA20 bear mount on my DK.
Zul'Aman was a 10 man.
Death Knights couldn't get it because it was removed from ZA when Patch 3.0 rolled around.
Don't lie so blatantly.

Cinematic looks nice. Blizzard's cinematics always look nice. Game's still stagnant as hell though so I'll pass.

Edit: At least you edited the ZA20 part.
Zul'Aman was stuffed back into the game in Cataclysm. Complete with a new bear mount.

(Link to the bear: http://www.wowhead.com/item=69747)

Eien Shushu

Mar 3, 2012
Nikolaz72 said:
Because spears were invented before mounted-combat ever was a thing. Its easy to make and useful. And Magic.

Because Ninja's thats why. And Magic.

Because - Friendship is Magic.
But spears were not used this way! It's too stupid-looking to be a javelin anyway!
And I thought they were bringing "War" back to "Warcraft"? But now they bring friendship instead?!
Why were our beloved Aliance and Horde characters so surprised when they saw a panda, but said panda wasn't?! I don't recall those big two factions being thrown into social and cultural unrest after encountering bipedal goats and talking dogs that can turn into humans.
I also think Azeroth natives encountered pandas before.

I'm even more confused. Why do these trailers keep making even less sense?!

Salakayin

Apr 1, 2010
Eien Shushu said:
But spears were not used this way! It's too stupid-looking to be a javelin anyway!
And I thought they were bringing "War" back to "Warcraft"? But now they bring friendship instead?!
Why were our beloved Aliance and Horde characters so surprised when they saw a panda, but said panda wasn't?! I don't recall those big two factions being thrown into social and cultural unrest after encountering bipedal goats and talking dogs that can turn into humans.
I also think Azeroth natives encountered pandas before.

I'm even more confused. Why do these trailers keep making even less sense?!
Mate, now you're being troll-ish in nature. You're making up your own interpretations to such that is not there to be purposely inflammatory. Please, there is no place or purpose for such remarks. Contribute in a productive manner.

So, about that cinematic. Blizzard sure knows how to make 'em, eh folks? Some good pacing in the symbolism to display the different themes that are coming in the expansion.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
IDK why blizzard aren't making movies, that cinematic is gorgeous.

Also, people complaining about panda's and the silliness..
When has WoW ever been serious?