Blizzard Reveals Mists Of Pandaria's Lady Pandaren

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Furries, yes, but at least they have no stupid fucking glowy white wow eyes.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Paradoxrifts said:
Time to take World Of Warcraft out of sight behind the far shed and put it out of it's misery with a shotgun slug to the temple.
Yep this latest update seems pretty pathetic but I might take the Steve Jobs approach and let somebody stir those waters first before I make my move on giving it a go. However if wow gets put down the only thing that will sprout up in it's place are shitty wow clones and wow has always done wow best.

Seriously though that opinion is a bit harsh considering rune-scape still exists.

There are not many viable options for anything really to replace a wow shaped hole in the market. I thought jump gate evolution was going to be interesting or at least would come out at all at some point.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Oh dear..lord...no. Kill it with Fire..actually no..

Take off and nuke it from Orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

Another funny Captcha, wow: heads up

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:
We aren't here to judge, but actually I'm lying; we are totally here to judge. Harshly, and with childish giggling.
*Glare*, Ladies and gentlemen... This is why we can't have nice Things. Because people judge a formidable foe.

*growl**bark**snarl*

... Then again, I'm more into slender foxes and strong wolves; More of the first though. Pandas seem like a fun time though, I'll see where it goes.

*glare* Don't judge me... *growl*

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Radoh said:
Okay, to people complaining about furries getting all over your WoW:
Taurens, Worgens, Druids.
All of which looked badass, bloodthirsty and capable. They are nothing like these Pandaran's balls of fluff.

Although I will give you that the Worgen female falls into the same line as Pandaran, but that's due to bad design (and quite possibly a deadline that Blizzard had to adhere to).

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
Yokai said:
Mordwyl said:
Why are people making a fuss about the Pandaren again? The Tauren are one of the original Horde races since classic and nobody said a word about there being a playable race of anthropomorphic bovines, lest we forget the kobolds, gnolls and furbolgs to name a few of the beastman races which inhabit the world.
(Apologies if someone replied already) The Tauren have been around since Warcraft III and were an established part of the lore. Besides, most people agree that minotaurs are pretty badass. There was a Pandaren in the Frozen Throne, but he was supposed to be a one-shot joke character, because Blizzard figured no one would take anthropomorphic pandas seriously. They were mostly right, and now people are taking the fact that they're trying to legitimize the Pandaren as evidence that Blizzard is grasping at straws, trying to keep the WoW money balloon inflated for as long as possible. I tend to agree.
Pandas were in WC3 and all the RPG books to date, the lore for them has been around as long if not longer than Cow Lore which was shit out for WC3 to add more horde units.

But still, new things, GRRR!

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Second life's graphics have really come a long way-oh it's WOW

At least now you know which wow players dream about fucking animals instead of having to guess. Which takes some of the fun out of it I suppose

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Wow the female of another species in WoW looks like a pallet swapped human woman. Who could have seen THAT coming?
Actually, that doesn't bother me at all
shameduser said:
Freechoice said:
tehweave said:
Yup.

Furries.
They're pandaren to that demographic now. Furst the worgen, now pandas.
I always thought Blizzard was abreast that sort of thing.
I think she looks absolutely Po-fect
Hate to be the Bear-er of bad news, but she could use a little work.

Lawbringer

Oct 7, 2009
Tiger Sora said:
Well WoW certainly didn't make the Panderans a playable race for us North Americans or Europeans. More for the 5 million Chinese and SK players. And they've been in WoW lore forever but still ya. Certainly pandering to the asian market. ^_^
Isn't the depiction of violence towards pandas illegal in China? If so, it seems to me that the Asian market will be the only subscribers worldwide who won't be playing it!

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Oliver90909 said:
Tiger Sora said:
Well WoW certainly didn't make the Panderans a playable race for us North Americans or Europeans. More for the 5 million Chinese and SK players. And they've been in WoW lore forever but still ya. Certainly pandering to the asian market. ^_^
Isn't the depiction of violence towards pandas illegal in China? If so, it seems to me that the Asian market will be the only subscribers worldwide who won't be playing it!
Either that or they take out PvP and any or all missions where you hurt a Pandaran. And I doubt it's Violence against Pandas if the panda is doing all the killing... That said I think Chinese Pandaren are going to be over powered.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
MmmFiber said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Wow the female of another species in WoW looks like a pallet swapped human woman. Who could have seen THAT coming?
Actually, that doesn't bother me at all
shameduser said:
Freechoice said:
tehweave said:
Yup.

Furries.
They're pandaren to that demographic now. Furst the worgen, now pandas.
I always thought Blizzard was abreast that sort of thing.
I think she looks absolutely Po-fect
Hate to be the Bear-er of bad news, but she could use a little work.
She's not that bad. I actually like her. I'm just wondering why it's taking so long for them to bring in Fox people and feline people. It would complete the immediate set of animal people. Only other thing of note would be dragon people, and I don't think they are that common in lore.

And directed to everyone on this forum who says that we shouldn't be attracted to any of these, where do you draw the line? Elves? Orcs? Trolls? Gnomes? Dwarves? Goblins? What makes any of these races more deserving of attention than a race with animal features? Or more importantly; if someone of a race with animal features asked you to a date in real life, would you reject them just because of those features? Farfetch'd now, yes, but in the future? Who knows! And if it does happen, You'd probably be called racist... unless of course you go for the somewhat-apathetic "eh, not really interested" route.

I for one welcome the Panda People. We shall have fine mead and Vodka! And Have a grand and merry time! Cheers!

Lawbringer

Oct 7, 2009
ZexionSephiroth said:
Oliver90909 said:
Tiger Sora said:
Either that or they take out PvP and any or all missions where you hurt a Pandaran. And I doubt it's Violence against Pandas if the panda is doing all the killing... That said I think Chinese Pandaren are going to be over powered.
I'm not sure how stringent they are about it, but I suspect the public outcry would be a fox news-worthy "New Warcraft game depicts murder of our national animal".

Even without PvP a panda character can still be killed (by NPCs), and there will probably be 'evil' pandas that will need to be systematically wiped out in groups of ten. As I say, I don't know exactly how strongly Chinese people feel about Panda killing, but the vast majority of their 1.3 billion people do not play WoW and the government is not afraid to take on big western corporations as Google will attest :)

As an anti-pandarian, perhaps I am just looking for reasons to criticise Blizzard's choice of direction for their new expansion. Nevertheless it still seems like a glaring error...though not one they won't have thought of already, of course.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
First, I like the models. I think they look really good, unique as pandas and easily identifiable as the same species and culture as the males. The first model is perfect.

Second, you shouldn't judge them as the final product at the moment. The game isn't even in beta yet - these aren't the finished product. Perhaps they're based on the dwarf models for now in order to get them in the game and getting feedback quickly.