Blizzard Reveals the In-Game Items You'll Get With the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket This Year

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Blizzard Reveals the In-Game Items You'll Get With the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket This Year

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1349/1349879.jpgBlizzard's showing off the in-game goodies included with the Blizzcon 2016 Virtual Ticket.

Every year, Blizzard offers fans at Blizzcon a grab bag of goodies, and they offer a similar virtual bag of in-game items to those who can't make the trip , but choose to purchase a Virtual Ticket. Today, Blizzard has offered up a sneak peek of what's included in those bags, or at least they're showing off the in-game items you'll receive.

Here's the list of stuff that you'll be flaunting in-game once Blizzcon gets here:

World of Warcraft: Legionnaire Murky & Knight-Captain Murky - A murloc for each faction!
Overwatch: BlizzCon 2016 Bastion Skin
Diablo III: Diablo 20th Anniversary Pet
Hearthstone: Welcome Inn Card Back
Heroes of the Storm: Nexus Tiger Mount
StarCraft II: Mystery Goodies (a new portrait, and first dibs on a mystery piece of upcoming content)

You can check out what all the goodies look like below. If you want to grab your Virtual Ticket, you can do that on the official Blizzcon 2016 site [https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/blizzcon-virtual-ticket].

[gallery=6491]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Warcraft: Unbelievably Lame, I could have given people a better gift, like a transmog of Frostmourne or an Armor Set like a re-textured Judgment Set. Anything but fuckin Murlocs :p

Overwatch: Overwatch can go suck it.

Diablo: Diablo 2 Diablo confirmed? Pretty much the best reward.

Hearthstone: Zzzzzzzz.

HOTS: Eh, give me a more lore mounts like an Undead Horse invincible for Lich King.

Starcraft" Eh.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
That bastion skin looks amazing. I sorta want it.... but im not to sure if i want to watch the event and im not paying that much just for one skin.....

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
So I like the Bastion skin, but the only way to get it is to pay $39.99 in a limited time offer? That sucks.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
-Warcraft: What's the difference between a legionaire and a knight-captain? I mean, one's a Roman term, the other European, but I don't associate a "legionaire" with the Horde.

-Overwatch: Looks pretty sleak. Bastion seems to be in the process of repainting himself. He's on his way to join the fight in Russia, mark my words! Omnics! Can't trust them!

-Diablo: If they're celebrating the 20th anniversary of Diablo, how about a D1 Diablo pet rather than a D2? Granted, D2 Diablo has always been my least favorite version of the four appearances we've seen of him, but, well, yeah. At the least, I suppose you could take on D3 Diablo with D2 Diablo at your side if that's how you roll.

-Heroes of the Storm: Pretty nice. Oh, and the HotS mounts usually have lore anyway - we know that the Nexus charger is born from the energies of the Nexus itself, so, yeah.

-StarCraft: My guess it'll either be something to do with Nova or Alarak. I'm guessing that Nova will be the next commander in co-op missions, so a portrait could reflect that. Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised to see a second mission pack focusing on Alarak, so there ya go.

Course this is academic, as I'm not flying halfway across the world just for BlizzCon, so there ya go. :(

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Warcraft:
More...fucking murlocs. Lovely. How about a god damn mount instead? Or something super sweet...like the ability for people that buy a virtual ticket to transmog items into legendary appearances? All those runs of BT to get the Blades of Azzinoth and they're literally nothing but vendor fodder. >.>

Hawki said:
-Warcraft: What's the difference between a legionaire and a knight-captain? I mean, one's a Roman term, the other European, but I don't associate a "legionaire" with the Horde.
I believe back in the day when they gave out rank titles for PvP play, Horde had Legionaire as a rank you could achieve while the Alliance equivalent was Knight-Captain.

Could be wrong, but that's my guess. :p

Overwatch: How about something that people would really appreciate...like just deleting Bastion from the game since he's essentially useless? Nah, just give one of the lamest heroes in the game a shiny new skin.

Diablo: I was hoping for a special pair of wings, to be honest, but meh...nothin' wrong with having a mini Diablo following you around.

Hearthstone: Fuck this game.

HotS: I've got nothin' against a free mount in this game. I'd rather than than a Blizzard themed skin for a hero that I never use... *still glares at Overwatch*

StarCraft: I stopped caring about this when they started charging to unlock the co-op commanders. That's just a load of BS right there, it is.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I looked it up on the site and it turns out that the Diablo pet is indeed modeled after D1 Diablo. Huh. I stand corrected.

Not that I'm complaining.

RJ 17 said:
StarCraft: I stopped caring about this when they started charging to unlock the co-op commanders. That's just a load of BS right there, it is.
Yes, my wallet still hates me for the whole $5 I spent on Alarak a few days ago.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Overwatch: How about something that people would really appreciate...like just deleting Bastion from the game since he's essentially useless? Nah, just give one of the lamest heroes in the game a shiny new skin.
I know some very salty people who can attest that Bastion is far from useless. Like any hero, he has counters sure but he can be played very effectively.

More on topic, the only thing I could actually put to use would be the Bastion skin and though shiny as it is, seems a steep price just for the one. If it was something more interesting, that'd certainly tempt me.

Vanished

Jul 5, 2014
While the murlocs are pretty standard for the goodie bag, this years seem pretty sub par compared to the other years. Instead of being a current expansion promotion it appears to be for the movie and I think they could have gotten a much better pull from a gul'dan/legion based murloc pet.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Wow: Don't play, also those things....aren't my cup of tea

Overwatch: Don't play this either but I gotta admit that skin does look pretty sweet

Diablo: I'm a long time Diablo fan so the lil guy is kinda tempting.

Hearthstone: I have a ton of great cardbacks but since I can't look at them in game most of them go unused since I don't really care about what cardback my opp sees.

HOTS: Eh, it's not bad but I have a decent amount of mounts already.

SC2: Sadly I never really got into it after the initial Wings of Liberty hype.

Overall I would just be getting another cardback to add to the pile and a neat Diablo pet for $40....yeah sorry Blizzard, I love Diablo but not that much.