Blizzard Sale Shatters World of Warcraft Prices

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Honestly, I don't see why all the internet hate for WoW. If you don't like it, don't play it. You don't need to continously feed the internet hate machine and WoW stereotypes :S Dissing WoW on an internet forum doesn't make you cool :S

I, for one, wasn't that into WoW during Vanilla, but I got back into it recently because it has got a lot better, and from what I've seen from the latest patch, they've really gone further than ever before. It's great. It really is. And I never thought I'd say that about WoW. But the quests aren't just "kill 10 boars" anymore, the storyline is progressing in unpredictable (R.I.P Cairne) and interesting ways, and the gameplay is actually FUN.

I bought Wotlk today, and I will continue to pay subscription fees for content. 15$ isn't that much. Infact, it's resonable, considering that they have to continously offer new content, server maintenance and moderation on a daily basis. Honestly, if you want to try it, buy it while it's cheap.

Also, to the guy who asked how long the sale lasts, I heard it was a week, but don't take my word for it.

Yes, I realise I sound like a raving fanboy, but I have really come to enjoy what I thought I never would.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
ZiggyE said:
I'm wholeheartedly agree. I hated Vanilla WoW and couldn't stand the game when I tried it. My friend convinced me try it back in October and I have to say it is definitely a fun game more so if you have friends to play with. The lore helps ease the grinding and dungeoning is a fun learning experience especially when you inadvertently cause a wipe. Anyway already payed off Cata and I'm going to enjoy fighting deathwing.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
axle 19 said:
ZiggyE said:
I'm wholeheartedly agree. I hated Vanilla WoW and couldn't stand the game when I tried it. My friend convinced me try it back in October and I have to say it is definitely a fun game more so if you have friends to play with. The lore helps ease the grinding and dungeoning is a fun learning experience especially when you inadvertently cause a wipe. Anyway already payed off Cata and I'm going to enjoy fighting deathwing.
Dude, do the gnome starting area. Normally, I'm a horde guy, but this new area is GREAT.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Need to get a new debit card, my old one expired last month... But i honestly think all previous content should come free if you just buy Cataclysm, its how other subscription MMOs do/did things (except the ones that have expansions for free).

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Even if the monthly subscription is reduced to $0, and Blizzard actually paid me to play, I would not soil my Hard drive with that rubbish. Perhaps this mark the end in otherwise a shameful chapter in Blizzards History. Yes I would be ashamed to produce the kind of crap WoW been shoveling for the last SIX years. Instead of trying to promote a 6 year old MMORPG where you past your prime, how bout working on the next section of Star Craft II: Zerg Crawl or Diablo 3 Sooner.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
darksakul said:
Even if the monthly subscription is reduced to $0, and Blizzard actually paid me to play, I would not soil my Hard drive with that rubbish. Perhaps this mark the end in otherwise a shameful chapter in Blizzards History. Yes I would be ashamed to produce the kind of crap WoW been shoveling for the last SIX years. Instead of trying to promote a 6 year old MMORPG where you past your prime, how bout working on the next section of Star Craft II: Zerg Crawl or Diablo 3 Sooner.
You might not know this, but large game developers like Blizzard aren't just one guy who can only work on one thing at a time. They have multiple teams working on different things, so all the guys working on wow aren't the same who are working on those other games. So they're all being developed simultaneously.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]That $20 for the game itself isn't stopping anyone. $15 a month is
those 15 bucks, is what helps make the game great. If you can't shell out for that, then you are not worthy of playing the game.

Look at prices in dollar per hour spent in game, and you will see that WoW is reasonable cheap for a game you have probably spent several days in already.

Sure all the "other" mmos are going free these days, and well they will never out play wow anyways.

WoW is the best put together MMO on the market, and it would never be as big on a free to play model.

Sure they could maybe lower the price a bit, but its never going to be free.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
John Funk said:
viranimus said:
Yes, I am now confident Blizzard is in panic mode. The events of yesterday in South Korea has them terrified at the prospect of loosing well over half of their "11 million", So now they hope to replace those toons that they are afraid will be lost in war.

Smart move Blizzard, but your not going to replace 5 million subs with a sale. Pretty much anyone who has any intention to play warcraft already does, or has. Really theres not that many people who were that on the fence about it after 6 years.
I actually find this post incredibly offensive, making light of an incredibly dangerous political situation. Do you really think this is the case? Really?

That's not even speaking about the sheer ignorance over the fact that a huge chunk of that 5 million is in China.

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.
Yes, let's not ignore american players and the fact that there isn't a country in Europe that isn't into wow at all yet.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
One question though, why would you need to buy the original game? Shouldn't the Cataclysm expansion replace the original game completely. I don't see any reason why you would need anything then but the two other expansions.

Also majority of Korean MMO players prefer Korean born Free to Play games.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Blizzard Sale Shatters World of Warcraft Prices

Thanks to Blizzard's current sale on World of Warcraft, it's going to be tough to stay away from the Cataclysm.

With significantly change [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Pc/dp/B002I0HKIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1290567276&sr=8-1-spell] the entire game as it's been known for the past six years, many gamers are likely still trying to decide if they should either check the game out for the first time, or make a triumphant return to Azeroth. Blizzard is making that decision easy for them, as it's selling every World of Warcraft product it has for extremely cheap on the Blizzard Store.

A limited time sale has knocked at much as 83% off of the retail price of World of Warcraft and its expansions. The original game is going for just $5, as is its first expansion Burning Crusade [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Expansion-Burning-Crusade-Pc/dp/B000BWZY7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1290567323&sr=1-1] which raised the level cap to 70, opened up Outland, and made greens as good as purples for the first time.

Wrath of the Lich King [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Wrath-Lich-Expansion-Mac/dp/B000VJTJNE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1290567323&sr=1-3], World of Warcraft's second expansion, is selling for 75% off at just $10. Lich King raised the level cap to 80, added the Death Knight class, and sent players into Northrend where their once awesome flying mounts were grounded by frost.

If you've been on the fence about trying World of Warcraft, $20 is a damn good deal to get up to speed, aside from December 7th's Cataclysm expansion of course. If you want that too, it'll still run you $39.99, though buying a digital copy from Blizzard will be the quickest way to play [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104662-Buying-From-Blizzard-is-Quickest-Way-to-Play-Cataclysm].

The sale is available from the Blizzard Store here [http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=p:110000034,p:110000018,p:1100000265,p:110000044].

Sweet mother of jesus, I'm halfway through my first trial and I'm enjoy it.

Can people from the UK buy from the Blizzard store it is it US only?

anian

Sep 10, 2008
...I'm confused as hell (only played trial of WoW)...and I know it's a stupid question, but will you actually be able to play all these quests that you get with expansions, after Cataclysm starts?

Richard Allen

Mar 16, 2010
Lonan said:
And it'll only take another 6 years and 1080$ to get to level 80.
Not sure if I am misinterpreting but.... cost of all the expansions plus the new one is like $80 and the time to go from 1-80 can be done in 4 days or less if you are real good with dealing with grinding of playtime, much less if you have a friend giving you the 300% xp

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I still can't believe they don't just give away the client but still charge a sub fee.

Richard Allen

Mar 16, 2010
anian said:
...I'm confused as hell (only played trial of WoW)...and I know it's a stupid question, but will you actually be able to play all these quests that you get with expansions, after Cataclysm starts?
If you buy just the vanilla wow, you can play 1-60, experince all content for that level range, and have access to 90% of the game designed for those levels. If you then buy BC you would get bc and to lv 70 in addition to that. How ever I don't think there is much new content for 60-80 most of it I believe was for 1-60 and 80-85, I might be incorrect though, haven't played for about a month in a half since I beat everything a long time ago.

Richard Allen

Mar 16, 2010
AC10 said:
I still can't believe they don't just give away the client but still charge a sub fee.
why not? 13, million subs and expac purchases says there is clearly a demand for it, supply and demand my friend ;)

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I feel so bad. This actually makes the game worth buying! I am not playing until people buy me months though.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Jeronus said:
I wish they would lower subscription prices for the actual game. I mean I would love to pay 10 dollars instead of 15 a month.
This. This is why I don't play WoW.
At least Guild Wars and DDO are F2P.