Blizzard Sale Shatters World of Warcraft Prices

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Richard Allen said:
Lonan said:
And it'll only take another 6 years and 1080$ to get to level 80.
Not sure if I am misinterpreting but.... cost of all the expansions plus the new one is like $80 and the time to go from 1-80 can be done in 4 days or less if you are real good with dealing with grinding of playtime, much less if you have a friend giving you the 300% xp
Is that 96 hours of playtime though?

Drmonstereater

Feb 5, 2010
Not to sound irrelevant or douchebaggie but the tagline on this article possesses improper grammar. It's "too" not "to."

Sep 17, 2009
Jeronus said:
I wish they would lower subscription prices for the actual game. I mean I would love to pay 10 dollars instead of 15 a month.
We all wish that, but It will never happen. The constant updates and content through patches and around the clock GM attention makes $15 a month fee kind of understandable. I mean it basically keeps the game alive.

Sep 17, 2009
darksakul said:
I do not know about anyone else, but my first trail of WoW want me to punch babies.
Yea you can't properly enjoy wow in the trial, it takes awhile. Or should I say it used to! Low level game is pretty fun now that the shattering happened.

Sep 17, 2009
Lonan said:
Richard Allen said:
Lonan said:
Not sure if I am misinterpreting but.... cost of all the expansions plus the new one is like $80 and the time to go from 1-80 can be done in 4 days or less if you are real good with dealing with grinding of playtime, much less if you have a friend giving you the 300% xp
6 years to get to 80 O_O

Dude, you are doing it wrong.

If you do 96 straight hours of play time, yes you will get to 80.

But I got to 80 in 8 days of on and off play time. So let's say 3 weeks of casual playing will get you to 80.

LassLisa

Sep 4, 2008
Hey, it persuaded me. That $40 for WotLK was one of the major things keeping me from going back and checking it out. I'm sad that I won't be able to check it out pre-Cata since it's so close, life is busy etc, but I'm definitely going to go back for a month or so (or maybe just a free trial) to see all the changes. I just have to remember not to join a guild, so that I don't get sucked back in.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Nautical Honors Society said:
Lonan said:
Richard Allen said:
Lonan said:
6 years to get to 80 O_O

But I got to 80 in 8 days of on and off play time. So let's say 3 weeks of casual playing will get you to 80.
They must have drastically sped up how fast you can level since 2008.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Jiraiya72 said:
Fr said:
anc[is]That $20 for the game itself isn't stopping anyone. $15 a month is
Considering they have more subscribers than anyone, I'd say it isn't stopping many.
Sure they have 12 million subscribers.

Facebook has 500 million, and farmville and other freebie apps for it have many multiples of active players then WOW. Those apps are many times more boring then WOW. I would say it's stopping more then it isn't.

Sep 17, 2009
Lonan said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
Lonan said:
Richard Allen said:
Lonan said:
6 years to get to 80 O_O

They must have drastically sped up how fast you can level since 2008.
Yea they did. Actually i think it was 2008 when they made it 35% easier to level.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Dr.Kay said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Fr said:
Considering they have more subscribers than anyone, I'd say it isn't stopping many.

I'd say its because of fanbois like you defending what doesnt need to be defended that they now won't kbe lowering the subscription price.

Its also fanbois like you that allow square-enix to keep on making rubbish games and rockstar to get away with buggy games, well done...well done
Considering how you act, I hope they keep it up just so people like you can't play.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
It makes perfect sense tbh, get more people who've never tried it in the door, and if they like, they can pick up Cata later on.

Especially now the 1-20 areas are more enjoyable and fun than before, tho I still think some of the demo restrictions can be harsh.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if WOW addicts buy this just so they can get the RAF bonus and dual box level their Gobbo/Furball alts come Cata.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
who would want to start fresh in such a long running mmo, it would take u forever just to get caught up and by the time u did they would prolly throw in another expan.... oh very clever blizzard. Seriously though going by all the horror stories ive been told about the games community no thanks.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Ahlycks said:
Fr said:
I think it has more too do with the fact that they do not find it fun.

*plays demo*
*gets bored after 10 mins*
*spends next few days throwing mohawk grenades at people*

Yup, not much of a fan of that game.
Agreed. Played it a friends house, thinking the gameplay would be at least decent...

Maybe it get's better when you're a higher level?

Sir-Bearus

Nov 10, 2010
I was so excited... until I saw the graphics and then remembered my friend yawning while playing "wrath of the lich king" while saying " yeah, you should really play WoW, it's a lot of fun"
so I'll pass , and so will a bunch of people who've never played the game and probably never will.