Blizzard Teases Overwatch Announcement for Next Week

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Blizzard Teases Overwatch Announcement for Next Week

The announcement before the announcement.

In a vague tweet today, Blizzard has teased the next announcement for its multiplayer shooter Overwatch.

The teaser doesn't give much away - it's related to an event called the King's Row Uprising which, according to the tweet, took place seven Overwatch years ago. Along with that, it states that the mission record is Confidential, but will be "declassified" on April 11.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/848958308643885056]

Other little things included in the brief video are something about "Mandatory Robot Registration" and a glimpse of something that may potentially be a new Tracer skin, so it's possible we could be looking at more story details or even a new event.

I hate to speculate, but all I'm saying is I wouldn't be disappointed if I got a Roadhog Easter Bunny skin.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
God how I want them to complete change every single character's special abilities and gameplay style. Just to see what would happen.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Calling it now; PvE missions. The Halloween event was just a preparation for 'em.
Silentpony said:
God how I want them to complete change every single character's special abilities and gameplay style. Just to see what would happen.
If that means running Tracer into the ground then oh fuck yes. Why yes I am a Zenyatta player, why do you ask?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Cowabungaa said:
Calling it now; PvE missions. The Halloween event was just a preparation for 'em.
Silentpony said:
If that means running Tracer into the ground then oh fuck yes. Why yes I am a Zenyatta player, why do you ask?
Is Zenyatta the woman in skin tight clothes with a big butt or the robot?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Silentpony said:
I've played some custom games that do these kinds of things. They're probably not to the extent that you're thinking about, but they're often creative and do dramatically change how you play. For example, I played one where Tracer couldn't move normally, but had a very low CD on her blink.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Silentpony said:
Cowabungaa said:
Silentpony said:
Is Zenyatta the woman in skin tight clothes with a big butt or the robot?
Zenyatta is the one who likes to stick his balls in people's faces.

Colour me intrigued... still got a big wodge of creds saved up in case.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Cowabungaa said:
Silentpony said:
Personally I'd like them to nerf Genji into the ground. Every match I've had there would be a Genji on the enemy team, jumping around, flinging shurikens everywhere. Try to shoot him? Nope, he'll just reflect it. Wait for reflect to end? He'll just do his dash right through you and start filling your back with holes. And by the time you finally got him dead to rights, he'll pop his ulti and kill you and three of your teammates, taking Play of the Game and likely putting down a spray while spamming the "I was hoping for a challange." voice line.

Yea I'm venting here but seriously fuck Genji.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Alfredo Jones said:
Personally I'd like them to nerf Genji into the ground. Every match I've had there would be a Genji on the enemy team, jumping around, flinging shurikens everywhere. Try to shoot him? Nope, he'll just reflect it. Wait for reflect to end? He'll just do his dash right through you and start filling your back with holes. And by the time you finally got him dead to rights, he'll pop his ulti and kill you and three of your teammates, taking Play of the Game and likely putting down a spray while spamming the "I was hoping for a challange." voice line.

Winston, Symmetra, Zarya, and Mei are your friendly neighborhood Genji-busters ("Who you gonna call?"), Hog too if you can hit a hook on him.
I've even had some success with Sombra; Genji is surprisingly easy to hack while he's deflecting, and once hacked he's nothing more than a bunny-hopping lunatic.

I can't actually play *as* Genji, though. I always keep getting killed by one of the aforementioned heroes, and whenever I press Q every single projectile in the area seems to home-in on me killing me instantly. I honestly don't know how Genji players get value out of it, it's a mystery to me.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'll echo Cowabungaa and say it's probably a PvE mode where you fight omnics. Blizzard has stated interest in implementing such a mode in the past.

Cowabungaa said:
Silentpony said:
Alfredo Jones said:

Preach it. I play mainly Support classes (mostly because nobody else will), and Tracers and Gengis are the bane of my existence. Sometimes I can boop them away as Lucio, but if I'm Mercy or Zenyatta I'm usually screwed. Pro Gengis are particularly infuriating, as they always seem to know the perfect time to deflect and/or lunge.

On the bright side, these experiences have prompted me to try playing as Winston more often. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I'm actually pretty good at him. Hearing the electrocuted cries of enemy Gengis is music to my ears.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Oh, how I would love that! From what I've seen in this teaser thingy it sounds pretty much that way. It would be so nice if we could get another event in the style of the Halloween one - or even something like 'Left 4 Dead' with mission objectives all over King's Row map.

Man, I only hope I don't hype myself too much into this. I love Overwatch, but offering some kind of PvE co-op thingy would be utterly amazing!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, here's the thing...

Assuming it is a PvE mode, and you are fighting omnics who are rioting in King's Row (understandable, given how the UK treats them in-universe), and your goal is to defeat the omnics...does that make players the bad guys? 0_0

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Hawki said:
So, here's the thing...

Assuming it is a PvE mode, and you are fighting omnics who are rioting in King's Row (understandable, given how the UK treats them in-universe), and your goal is to defeat the omnics...does that make players the bad guys? 0_0
In the King's Row map, you were pushing an EMP that Junkrat made to blow them the eff up. You kind of already were the bad guy in that situation

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
erttheking said:
Hawki said:
So, here's the thing...

In the King's Row map, you were pushing an EMP that Junkrat made to blow them the eff up. You kind of already were the bad guy in that situation
Yeah, but what if you're defending against it? If it's simply players vs. omnics, then there's distinct sides here.

Necrozius

Jun 21, 2016
PvE would get me to play this game 100% more. A Halloween-like event where you have to also move around the map (instead of just protecting the one spot) would be HELLA awesome.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Hawki said:
erttheking said:
Hawki said:
So, here's the thing...

Yeah, but what if you're defending against it? If it's simply players vs. omnics, then there's distinct sides here.
I am guessing they will be forcing some selections when you play that mode, like they did in Halloween: Junkrat, Roadhog, perhaps McCree, Sombra and Reaper, to drive home that you are "the bad guys"...

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
erttheking said:
Yep. The more astute players have pointed out that, since Sombra's addition to the game, you could technically just run Sombra to the end of the map and active her ult, and you'd technically satisfy the map's win condition.

Buuut that doesn't work, because videogames.