BLM website removes their "what we believe" page.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I um...what? Marxists revolution? Nuclear Family?! Tell me this is just a bunch of dudes trolling, no one seriously still believes in that 50s propaganda anymore. I mean the archive very clearly states what the mean in regards to the nuclear family - they want families to look out for one another, not you vs me. But I guess trolls gotta troll

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
I'd guess the nuclear family angle is that they want to reject what they see as a traditional European family model in favour of recreating an idealised African family or community structure. I doubt it means they literally want to break nuclear families up though.

Reactions: deleted20220709

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I um...what? Marxists revolution? Nuclear Family?! Tell me this is just a bunch of dudes trolling, no one seriously still believes in that 50s propaganda anymore. I mean the archive very clearly states what the mean in regards to the nuclear family - they want families to look out for one another, not you vs me. But I guess trolls gotta troll
I doubt it means they literally want to break nuclear families up though.

Yeah I would never personally make that argument, but that does seem to be the prevailing criticism.
Personally, if they just removed that page entirely and never replaced it, I think their site would be fine. The "About us" page is sufficient.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yeah I would never personally make that argument, but that does seem to be the prevailing criticism.
Personally, if they just removed that page entirely and never replaced it, I think their site would be fine. The "About us" page is sufficient.
But where's the Marxism coming from? I read through the About Us page and couldn't find any reference to Karl Marx, Marxism, or communism or anything.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
But where's the Marxism coming from? I read through the About Us page and couldn't find any reference to Karl Marx, Marxism, or communism or anything.
Probably because of this:

Reactions: gorfias

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
How does anyone read

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
and think it has anything to do with destroying the nuclear family?

I really don't see your point in highlighting spurious accusations made by people who can't read on twitter.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Probably because of this:

If there is one thing I know about Marxists is that they generally don't get on with Marsists. It's the problem with creating something new instead of relying on traditions - instead of rigid possibilities, it's a cornucopia of possibilities that can be mutually exclusive.

How does anyone read

and think it has anything to do with destroying the nuclear family?

I really don't see your point in highlighting spurious accusations made by people who can't read on twitter.
The only problem I see is that destroying the Western enforced structure isn't necessary. This could have been a extension, refinement or expansion while lessen the patriarchal stuff. It could have been an update, not a destruction.

But, as I've said before, leties are terrible at PR

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
The only problem I see is that destroying the Western enforced structure isn't necessary. This could have been a extension, refinement or expansion while lessen the patriarchal stuff. It could have been an update, not a destruction.

But, as I've said before, leties are terrible at PR
Yeah but they didn't say they're destroying it even. They said disrupt the requirement. The message is literally just that they reject a requirement for themselves through other means, namely using extended family to provide support for each other

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yeah but they didn't say they're destroying it even. They said disrupt the requirement. The message is literally just that they reject a requirement for themselves through other means, namely using extended family to provide support for each other
I'm not disagreeing with you. Use the word disrupt and some people will just read destroy. So it just comes down to how much you care about their misinterpretation.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I'm not disagreeing with you. Use the word disrupt and some people will just read destroy. So it just comes down to how much you care about their misinterpretation.
Yeah, just I read it and I wonder how they really come to that conclusion. Guess it's not like shocking tho, but it's insane

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Marx:

Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists.

On what foundation is the present family, the bourgeois family, based? On capital, on private gain. In its completely developed form, this family exists only among the bourgeoisie. But this state of things finds its complement in the practical absence of the family among the proletarians, and in public prostitution.

The bourgeois family will vanish as a matter of course when its complement vanishes, and both will vanish with the vanishing of capital.

Reactions: Houseman

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The idea that they want to "destroy the nuclear family" was always a load of rancid hogwash.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Houseman makes thread about a broken link on the BLM web page. What does he mean by doing this? Is he trying to say something? Is he trying to hide his power level?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Fox news is getting in on it as well

BLM is still silent on the issue.
Its Fox News. That's not a point in anyone's favor. Its FOX NEWS. If they think there is a story here then its best to assume there isn't.