Blockbuster Can't Brag About New Releases Anymore

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
Adapt or die. That's what you have to do. Blockbuster
they tried to adapt with a netflix and gamefly like service, but still failed, i dont really see more options

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
eh, don't care.
personally, i don't use redbox, or netflex. i just go to the local movie rental place at the Cashwise gorcery store in town. lol $1.50 for most movies, and hardly any late fees. hell, they even rent videogames.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
I can see the future now, "In my day we had to go to a store to get movies, and that's all they had there! Just aisles and aisles of movies. What? Yeah they were real physical things! They came on little discs called DVD's, and before that, plastic rectangles called VHS tapes."

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
I find blockbuster overpriced, and a few years back my girlfriend's father lost a dvd and they charged him £60!!!! Over here, Lovefilm ( an online rental company) has taken huge ammounts of blockbuster's revenue. I won't miss it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Garak73 said:
Erana said:
No no noooooooo.

What do people have against getting mail-in movies and games and being able to go to the store and get more whenever they want?

Redbox has an atrocious lack of selections; it saddens me to find out how popular this is.

I can understand Netflix better, but I really do like the personal experience of a store. What do people dislike about it so much?
I guess its like how some people regard me as weird for actually using the library these days...
Video stores overcharge (atleast in comparison to Redbox or Netflix) and they have been doing so for years. $3.50 for one night is 3 1/2 times more expensive than Redbox but that is what we all used to pay before Netflix came along.

In the case of Blockbuster, they are also known for screwing people over on fees.
Not if you get the unlimited mail plan and watch as many movies as we do. Add in the monthly free video cupons, and its perfect for my family.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Apparently, the company is having such major cash problems that it signed a deal with Fox, Universal, and Warner Bros. that will delay the stores' new release availability.
"Me toe hurts... Shooting it off will help!"

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
the last blockbuster in canada will be closed this friday. Giving that the canadian branch was far more profitable than the us one, i give them 6 month.

i'm a bit sad about that. i liked blockbuster for been able to rent games for almost a month for 15$. The online services dont offer what i seek so far, so i only have one choice of videoclub around here now.